RL pets liveing on in game

dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

RL pets liveing on in game

Unread post by dragonaa »

my bird Sky passed away several months ago and i named my aotona after her. i think her spirit lives on in game. any1 else named their pets after a real life pet that has pass on to the rainbow bridge?
heres my sig devoted to sky

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Re: RL pets liveing on in game

Unread post by Snowbird »

My old Dalmatian Called Amadeus died 4 years ago. He was only 6 years old :(.

When i tamed Rak'shiri i thought that Amadeus's name should live in the blueish kitty, I know it might be strange, a dogs Spirit living trought a kitty in wow. But its just something about this kitty that reminds me of him!

Miss you Amadeus R.I.P!<33

Signature Made By Senenith

dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

awwwwww thats cute :D and its a pretty name

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I might.. might tame a white sabercat (Frostsaber Huntress) and name her Snowy after my white persian, completely deaf the poor gal but she was awesome, had a lovely temperment and was never far from my side. Amazing sky blue eyes. Strange that i remember her so well when i was only 4 when mom had her sent to the SPCA cause mom fell ill again and told me that i wasnt grown up enough to care for her on my own since mom was once more, bed ridden. I raise White Winged cats on magistream, always picking them from the stream and i finally got a female, so i named her after Snowy and she sits in the Royal Keep Chamber tab along with some other Cats who are named after other real life pets, a couple little Pygmy Wyrms, and two Xocomels (chocolate salamander/newt things). I dont know how old she was when she was taken away, there was a cat we had before her, before i was born till i was about a year or two old that was a brown tabby. I remember the pictures but never actually found out if it was a boy or girl or what its name was.

I miss snowy *starts to sob* she probably crossed the bridge already since im sure she was a couple years old when we gave her up and its been almost 16 years now...

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I named my Gondria after my American Eskimo dog who passed away a few years ago: "Inouk".
She was sixteen, starting to go a bit senile. I miss her a lot.

She was my first dog. I know, I was old to get my "first" dog, but when I was a kid, my parents didn't really like animals.
Because of health issues, I was worried that I would die before Inouk, but in a way, I'm glad I outlived her. I know she would have had trouble finding herself alone. She was definitely a one-man dog.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

dragonaa wrote:awwwwww thats cute :D and its a pretty name

yeah it is!

Signature Made By Senenith

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I have a hunter who I created as an image of "me", with the intention of honouring my past and present RL pets with hers. She has three pets so far, one commemorating a guinea pig I lost in childhood and the other of a pet that is still alive.

Then there is Peikko (it's Troll in Finnish), a Tibetan Spaniel that an ex and I got when we moved in together many years ago. I got a job in Ireland for six months while he was still a puppy, and he went into care with a lovely woman who owned two dogs (one of which was the sire of my mother's dog) and grew to be a handsome lad. Once we returned back to Finland with my boyfriend, we picked him up and were so happy to have him home again. A week later he was dead, hit by a car when my ex's father didn't close the door of the house properly, and he escaped.

dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

awwww i forgot about 1 other pet my hunter has thats named for 1 of my pets htat has gone on my gezzarak is named Ninja for a lizard i had she was a escape artiest and i think it fits my gezzarak perfectly i miss ninja alot :(

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

When Sabrina, my dutch rabbit of 10 years, passed away this March, I went out and tamed a black fox which I decided matched her personality and looks best.

I have since released her on Wassa though. I didn't want her to be a pet that just sits in my stable. Instead I retamed her on a new alt which, since I don't have a family on tallstriders on him, she will be by my side often when I play him.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

awwwwwww im considering adding ninja to my tribute sig

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

...my main hunter is named Mingyao after one of our former cats, a sassy oriental shorthair who came to us with that name when we adopted her from a local shelter.
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Image 1 for my lizard ninja

dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

if any of you want ill make a tribute sig for your pets

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Even tho Lucky is still kicking around (hes sleeping on my lap atm) i do collect Siamese Kittens and name them after him (sadly we cant actually name minipets), hes a buramese/ragdoll mix

dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

awwwwww :D in MoP we can name mini pets

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

O_O like, when they run around with you they'll have their own name? Not just in battles?

dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

yeah
I'm pretty sure

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

aw that's killer I'm so gonna name my feline familiar.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

i cant wait for childrens week again, im gonna get all my chars that can do what the child demands so i can get Whiskers the Rat and name her after my pet rat Tamika

kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dath'remar

Unread post by kurasiaa »

I used to have a cat named Jasper, we got him back in late 2006. He was lonely and meowing the night we got him, so we decided to go back to the house and get another kitten to keep him company ( a cousin) whom we named Taffy. They became the bestest of friends, grooming each other, playing, never traveling far from each other. Jasper had long fur and always reminded me of a lion, he looked like he had a big furry mane =P. About a year later however Jasper went missing,the family and I had gone out for a few hours and upon returning he wasn't there. We assumed he was just outside somewhere, but when he still wasn't there the next morning it got worrying =(. We never did see him again, but hes still in my memory along with these hundreds of videos and photo footage I kept =).
In Cata when i first heard about the rare spawn Sambas, the name 'Jasper' instantly came into my head, I knew instantly that I must find and tame him =P. And so i camped for several days until finally NPCscan popped up with the gorgeous lion, my friend was also there but knew how much I wanted him, so he let me tame. I named the lion Jasper in a heartbeat in dedication to my little fuzzy lion cat whom i miss very much <3.

EDIT: Forgot to add, we still have Taffy thankfully, in fact he is sleeping on the computer chair opposite to me. After Jasper had gone missing he quietened down for a little while, he must have been so sad. It would have been like losing a brother to him =(.