Janie the Korat cat (IMG Heavy) - Happy Birthday!

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: Janie the Korat cat (IMG Heavy) - Happy Birthday!

Unread post by Chimera »

Sooo, been quite a while since I posted anything about Janie >__> She's been quite well, her eyes are showing up more green than yellow now (but always sitting in that limbo which is kinda neat) and she has been an absolute handful. She's very attached to me, just like my old cat Lucky, and is very interactive and responsive with/to me. Unfortunately with her high energy levels, it can be quite exhausting and she becomes restless. I try though, mostly spending time on the livingroom floor with some string and cardboard boxes which can keep her busy for nigh on forever :lol:

She's also become a TOTAL suck up and will flip and flop on the ground, rolling around, wiggling like a worm on her back and curling up into doughnut shapes, also on her back, asking for belly rubs and pets. Every morning I get up and spend about 5min petting her down before she decides she wants to sit on the windowsill. This process usually repeats several times a day xD Whenever I'm feeling really down or sick, she notices pretty quickly and will change her behavior. She'll be more cuddly, crawling around the bed when I'm lying down, following close behind wherever I go, lazing around in my lap a little bit more till she gets antsy and runs off to do something or I accidently scare her off if I'm sick and coughing or hacking. She's EXTREMELY vocal and will meow, chatter, whine, yell... She uses quite a number of various sounds to communicate. It's really cute <3

Aaaanyways, we know Janie was born sometime during October but as she was either handed over or found and given to the adoption association we got her from, no one knows her actual birthdate. So we decided to celebrate it on Halloween! ^___^ I've been horrendously sick all day and almost forgot all about it ;A; So, happy 2nd birthday, Janie! (She's grown like a weed holy crap, she's a big kitty now! And going through the thread, it seems that nearly all the pics of her have broken D: I don't remember what picture(s) were in each post to fix them but I may upload some old pics to repost)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

I've been thinking of Janie lately, so it's really great to see an update! I hear she's adorable as always. I wonder how she and Sparta would get along. Sparta loves other cats xD God I miss him so. He's currently with my mom until I find a stable place to live and can bring him home.

She's grown a lot. <3 :hug:

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I have absolutely no idea how she'd get along with another cat but I hope she'd be nice to them xD She's not protective or anything of anyone or anything, so there's potential she can warm up to another animal if she's joined by another cat who's fairly laid back in that area as well

Aweee D: Well at least Sparta has a home with family, I hope you can bring him back home soon!

She has grown, we actually had to dismantle her scratching post and make some bizzare piece of fuzzy catpost architecture so she could still sleep on the top comfortably. She's still too big for it though and she's sleeping on the platform that used to be the base! Doesn't help much she likes to roll around and dangle her legs in the air in hopes for bellyrubs whenever you look at her though, she tends to kinda wiggle around and often ends up with her head dangling (which she does quite happily actually, it's weird, you'd think she'd be extremely uncomfortable having her head hang limp while being rocked back and forth from all the petting).

And when she sleeps, her legs usually end up sticking out if she wants to sleep stretched out a bit (sometimes it's as much as her entire leg and her butt's right at the edge) and prop her upper half on the rolled blanket I set up there so she had something to lean against/rest her head.) to sleep more comfortably. I'd really like to get her a bigger post but my room isn't big enough ._. She doesn't seem to mind though, it's mostly her daytime spot. When I go to bed at night she'll jump off the post and jack my chair :lol:

Neeeeee she has a habit of racing into my room and jumping onto the chair arm, propping her front legs on the chair's back, standing all straight and tall and proud and purring away like a motor while she leans into me as she tries to figure out what to do next xD It's so cute, I like poking my arm through the space between the arm and her belly to pet her side while I lean my head against the other-- which makes her purr even more <33 She's always so warm and soft unless she just came from outside in which she's usually either toasty warm if it was hot and sunny, or frosty cold if it was chilly

She also still plays with that teddy bear we got her in the beginning, it's thusfar had its head, arm, the length of its back, its butt, its head again sewed cause she keeps ripping holes in it :lol: Whenever she feels like I'm ignoring her, taking too long of a shower when she wants cuddles and feels all abandoned and such, or not here completely, she carries it somewhere and cries to it like she's all alone and needs a friend to love her xD

The crying usually follows up with her grabbing it tight with her front legs as her back ones kick like a kangaroo, tearing the poor bear apart while she gnaws whatever end is closest to her face. She'll get really frustrated at it and start yelling at the thing, kick it away and run a few feet from it, then dive bomb the toy again and repeat the kicking and gnawing process. This usually lasts untill she's disturbed by a noise or movement, or she grows tired. Once in a while she'll carry it to one of us (stepdad or I) and drop it at our feet and sit there staring at us and crying :lol:

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |