Janie the Korat cat (IMG Heavy) - Happy Birthday!

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Re: Janie the Korat cat (IMG Heavy)

Unread post by Miyon »

Haha, amusing kitty is amusing. I have a pretty clear image in my head of how she looks when doing what you said. For some reason, I can clearly imagine her bunny-kicking the teddy bear aswell :P

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Oh god yes, she pounds the hell outta it with her back feet LOL all you here is *thump thump thump* with a lot of fabric ripping noises XD

For comparison on the teddy bear's state of being...

This is January 23rd when he was new (didnt ever get a pic of him when he was still new but he at least has a face here):

This is him May 29th:

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Haha, oh my :lol: Poor teddy is roughed up, did you spray it with catnip? xD

One of the times I visited my mother, they had a giant white tiger plush animal, one that I had once had when I was just a few years younger, and when my mom had bought all she needed for the cat, she also bought some spray thing she could use to mark where she wanted the cat to be, and she sprayed some one the plushie. The cat began to lick on it.. xD

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

XD Na, we never tampered with it at all. When she was at the adoption center she had 2 other cat friends so we popped by the dollar store and bought her the bear to give her company so she had something to sleep with and she totally fell in love with it! She'd sleep with it just like in that pic and then sometime later she started dragging it around the house crying to it, and soon after she begun to do that AND tear it to shreds xD We've sewn his entire back cause she tore him apart at the seams along the stitching there, i need to sew his arm yet, and also the puncture hole that is getting ever bigger in his head xD (you can see the tuft of stuffing poking out of the head, and its his right arm that has the gash but you can only see it if you bend it backwards)

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

I'm glad she found such a fuzzy friend in the teddy bear then :P Wonder how she'd react if you brought her a teddy bear about my size. I am sure they exist, I had one when I was a kid (I should mention I was much smaller as a kid, but it felt big to me! :P) I have a picture of my moms cat and that tiger here somewhere.. let's see.

Ah, I only have a video of the kitten with the tiger. I'd have to edit out the sound if I were to post it, though. xd

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Bahahahaha, i used to have a rabbit that was like 3-4 ft tall, it was huuuuuuuge. No idea whatever became of it... i was a little wee one when i had it.. and i really ought to get some vids of janie up too, but i dont know how to edit sound out.. its almost like theres a wind tunnel in my room, theres a constant buzzing noise in the videos ><

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

So... its been foreeeever but i have a little update on the baby terror xD A video! Playing in the bathtub like a cuddly adorable derp :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REXqC3UlMqQ&feature=plcp

and pictures~

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

She's grown a lot! And she's so pretty as always, and definitely the cutest derp ever xD

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Heeheehee, she has! She's grown like half her size since we got her and she's only turning 1 year next month! Tamika my rat is also turning 1 in October so i need to figure out what to get them to celebrate xD She's been an absolute blast, her personality is so quirky. She's completely unpredicatable and will trot up to you, sit on her hind legs and slap your calves/shins before scampering away xD

She is also very attatched to me now, i cant go to the washroom without her crying at the door half the time. Or when i leave the house for an extended period of time xD She's like a hyperactive version of Lucky. Except she doesnt cuddle on my lap.. she's too busy body slamming me from the windowsill or tearing my bed apart to chase after an invisible critter crawling around under the blankets.

She's our expert bug hunter also. She'll jump nearly the height of myself (like, her front paws will be at my height which is 5'5) to catch a fly. She'll bulldoze through everything in the house to get it. Once she does she runs into my room and releases it on the floor and toy with it while crying to it. She'll also drag it onto my bed and play with it there. She does eat it eventually but playing with the poor bug can last anywhere from 2-5min before finally eating it when its no longer wiggling xD

We've nicknamed her Lightning and the Boogeyman. She hides under my bed and if someone walks by she lunges out at them and then instantly crawls deep under the bed. All you feel is a big thwap on the ankle, maybe a prick of claws, and thats all. Sometimes i walk carefully when i go past my bed so i dont accidently hurt her when she does her lunge. Her extra toe makes it hard for her to let go of fabric once she's latched on.

Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

What a cute kitty, and such personality. Is she as soft as she looks?
Last edited by Lotusii on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

She's actually kinda coarse, she has fairly short hair and its pretty thick, even through the summer she had a rather thick coat. Her chest fur though actually is really soft, its a bit longer and thinner so its easier to smooth down then her back fur and she just looooooves getting her belly and chest scratched xD

Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

It's always fun when they actually like getting belly rubs.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

I know right? my previous cat, shown in my sig, he was a cuddle buddy from birth to end. He was so snuggable and loved to be snuggles and man handled xD It took janie a very long tome to let me give her belly scratches but now for the past couple months, every morning i get up greet my rat, and walk over to her (she's always, always on my computer chair in the morning) and she'll roll over on her back and stretch and wait for belly scratches xD For like 10min i'll sit there scratching each side, each cheek, each thigh, and belly n chest :lol:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

One of my cats love her belly being rubbed the other well she is like a bear trap. You put your hand on her belly and bam! she has all four legs around your arm with her teeth and claws dug in your arm XD
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

LOL D'aaaaaw xD Janie will accept consistent belly rubs for only so long before she starts chewing on your fingers, so you gotta rotate to other parts of her body to avoid it unless she's in a playful mood. Generally if she's fed up she'll get up and walk away. That or she'll demand that you play tag or throw string around for her to chase after xD

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

D'aaw, I want a cat to call mine... If everything goes as planned, I will take Sparta with me when we move out. We've already looked at two apartments, and have one more today that may allow pets. I don't want to leave my little boy. ><

Edit: Scrap that. We went to look for an apartment today, and the landlord doesn't mind pets at all, he grew up with cats, so I can take Sparta with me! *happydance* Oh, and we got the apartment aswell. xD
Attachments
Sparta &lt;3
Sparta <3
Sparta1.jpg (154.2 KiB) Viewed 2891 times

Chimera

Re: Janie the Korat cat (IMG Heavy) 1st B-day!

Unread post by Chimera »

That pic of Sparta is sooo friggin adorable omg <3

Yay Janie's 1st Birthday! She was probably born in late October but we decided to make her celebrated B-day on Halloween so we could remember it better. Im cooking cat cookies for her right now 8D The recipie called them crackers but they sure as hell look like cookies to me >.> XD Also, side note, Tamika turned 1 also this month, i celebrated her bday on the 28th with a peewee pumpkin for her to dig into xD She uh.. didnt really do anything with it.. i had to cut off slices and let her nom on them >.>;;

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Happy belated birthday! I can't believe I didn't see this then! D:

Anyway, how's she doing? How's Tamika and your other little cutie? Gief updates! <3

Edit: Speaking of, Sparta is exactly 8 months today. :D

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

XD Thank ya! Both of them are doing great, i completely forgot about this thread to shower in stoof :lol:

Daaaw yeey i'll have to poke into the thread and see how much he's grown up!

So far not a whole lot has been up with them... tamika's still just kinda doin' her thing bounding up her cage walls everytime someone comes near in hopes for nibbles and running around on my bed while i try and fend janie off with a water bottle. She's gotten pretty daring and tries to slink onto the bed when im not looking :P Tamika wont eat her dang cranberries which is something i've been trying to get her to do for a while just to keep that end of her healthy so i've recently picked up some cranberry and oats dog biscuits XD she loves em AND she eats the cranberries that were chopped n cooked into em so they've, for now, replaced the biscuits we originally were giving her before

Janie's started really getting into her obsession for chewing boxes. She's destroyed a cardboard packing box, a cardboard pop flat, and currently working on a second pop flat and one of those thin and reeeeeaally tough 12can coca cola boxes. We think she may be having some sort of repercussion from the inability to teeth when she was in adoption, she was still losing baby teeth when we had adopted her and there was nothing in there except a scratching post and litter box that would serve as a sufficient nomming material.

She's becoming rather daring and vocal as a whole. She'll cry and biatch and chatter now xD When she doesnt know where i am she walks around crying, when stepdad enters my room and shes sleeping, she instantly wakes up and cries to him while racing over to greet and give a good thwat or two XD She'll sit on the balcony or window sill and chatter away at the birds (all the while leaving nose and drool prints all over the windows).

She absolutely adores tag, we'll race around the house and pop up behind walls and run away XD She's gotten damn smart, she has me figured out like the back of her paw. I'll be hiding behind one wall and looking around to my left while shes down the hallway looking at my backside. When she chases after me she runs sideways into me, stands up on two legs and gives me a good thousand-paw style battering, leaps backwards or to the side, and runs away. She's been running so quickly through the house lately its not an unusual sound anymore to hear her claws skittering on the tile and a thump or five into the walls XD

She's also decided theres something on the walls in one of the hallways, way up farther then she can jump, and she's bloody intent to lock on and give it all she has to get up there. She'll stand there and chatter away and leap at it but its a completely blank wall! We havent had any bugs fly into the house either cause its just too cold right now for our most common summer visitor, flies. Though she did manage to grab one on the balcony and dragged it onto my bed to toss it around before eating it..

She's begun to get super snuggly too and im finding her snuggling on my lap more often, though she tries to drag my face down with her claws for kisses and nuzzles which are a pain >_> To help give her a sense of closeness i set up a little bed beside my computer for her which she just looooooooves, and it keeps her from propelling herself onto the window sill via the computer tower

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Haha, kitty stalking the little furry? :P

Sparta has also been chewing boxes. Mainly just the edges, and then playing with the scraps, but it looks funny.

She's so adorable, and sounds like someone Sparta could have tons of fun playing with :P I can imagine the nose prints on the windows, so cute XD

I really just have to smile reading what you're telling about Janie. Such a good cat. <3 Mine bites my legs whenever I don't feed him fast enough after having woken up in the mornings.. :P

Flies. Yum. At least she eats them in the end. :P

She's grown so much. And in that picture it looks like she only has one leg, and her tail is incredibly long. :P Little runt. <3