Findu's horse - update

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Findu's horse - update

Unread post by Finduilas »

After the horse I took care of was sold last August I took a break in riding, also because I was in Sweden for half a year. In january I started looking for a new horse. Meanwhile I was riding the pony of a friend, but it just wasn't the right thing for me. I like ponies, but I much prefer bigger horses. My trainer then told me a woman in her stables was looking for someone to take care of her mare once in a week. Since I'll start my aprenticeship next week this was perfect for me. The owner usually is away on the weekends and I only have time on the weekend. So we made an appointment and I met Jantina. She's a Friesian horse, an old breed from northern Germany/Danmark/Netherlands. She's 17 years old and very nice and gentle. Her owner told me she had been mistreated very badly by her former owner when she was still a foal (being hit on the legs and left staving without food for days). She doesn't like men, but to me she's a nice and very calm girl. Now I already ride her since July and we take lessons in soft horse riding (a method where you do dressage but very gentle without anything brutal) and she loves it. She had lots of problems with her back before I started riding her, because her old saddle didn't fit and hurt her, but now she has a new saddle and she can build new muscles on her back.

That's Jantina before we went to work :)

During our lesson. She had much trouble keeping her head down so her back would get more muscles, but we improved a lot. In this picture she is trotting like she should. 6 weeks of work finally pay of and her back gets stronger from week to week and she starts to trust me.

After work she's getting a treat. Good girl!
Last edited by Finduilas on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Re: Findu's new horse

Unread post by Miyon »

She's a beautiful horse. <3 I wish I could be near them.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

You've got a great riding posture. Lovely horse indeed, looking forward to reading more updates :)
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh wow, what a beautiful horse! So gorgeous! I love the slightly fluffy feet, and that dark, dark brown/black is one of my favorite colors.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Miyon are you allergical to horses? That would be really sad :(
And thank you all for the kind comments. I will keep you updated if we learn something new or have special training. On september 9th a special soft-horse-riding trainer will come to the stables and we'll take part in her lesson. And I'm planning on going swimming with her, perhaps already this thursday morning. We have a river with a beach near the stables and other people I know are going swimming with their horses there, too. I'm going to try it out!

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Yeah. Very allergic. ><

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

There's a horse race people who are allergical to "normal" horses can pet/ride. They come from the US and are called Curly Horses. They look like horses with sheep fur. They have longer and curled hairs that don't contain whatever normal horses do. In Germany there are already stables where only these Curlies live so people allergical to normal horses can go riding, too. If you really want to meet horses, maybe try google and look if you can find something in Norway.
That's a curly horse.
[img]http://white_arabian.tripod.com/bashkirstud.gif[/img]

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

What a beautiful horse. She has a very sweet face. I've always loved horses, but have little time to go riding anymore.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Serendipity82
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

She's a lovely mover Findiulias and a very pretty mare. A little more time and she'll be able to carry herself like that every time you ride her. You guys look like a really good match :D
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Aw, that is so great that she's being given a chance at a good life! She sounds like a wonderful animal and I'm glad you two are able to spend time together. I will never understand how some humans can abuse animals.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

It's been a while since my last entry here, but I have some updates to share.
Jantina is doing fine. Now that winter has come we can't train as much as we used to, but we go on long rides outdoors. We had pretty much snow the last 2 weeks and I went out with her. She never has galopped outdoors before with someone else, but we managed a nice long galopp in the snow. It was so much fun. Now the snow has melted again and today we went to train again a bit. With two other people from the stables we rode to the next village with a big riding-hall and did some exercise. Now I'm totally tired and Jantina, too. She behaves really well outdoors now. From being anxious at first she now is very calm, even with going out alone without any other horses.
I also got my husband to come with me to the stables every 2 weeks and he now takes care of Jantina's friend, the old frisian Wiard. Wiard can't be ridden anymore, but he enjoys going on long walks with my husband. And often Jantina and me accompany the two and go on long walks together.
I have taken pics during a ride in the snow, but haven't uploaded them yet.

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

krlaipgoheaigohegsihaguiashgehg

Friesian. <333333333333333 I adore these horses with a passion. So jealous. DDD: She's beautiful.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Update!

After having school for 5 weeks and therefore more time for the horse - I feel like I have something worth to update.

Jantina has improved a lot. We are training on trot - stop -trot - walk -trot - ... changes. She's doing very well. We also are working on the gallop. It started with lots of bucking and only a few paces but now we are at a full circle of the arena on both sides.
It was also very hot in the last few weeks in Germany and I braided Jantina in the Spanish way like they do with Andalusians so she doesn't get too hot under all the hair.
My dressage trainer also started joking we might be able to compete when she's 20... Jantina is 18 now so who knows :lol:

My girl looking pretty:

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I didn't realize she was 18. The grey on her face is a hint, of course, but she looks a lot better than many privately owned horses of that age. Shucks, there's nothing wrong with eventing at 20. We had a gelding at the barn who would gladly jump the moon and stars if you asked him to when he was in his early 30s.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I love her feathered feet :) One day i hope to own a horse like that! Or a heavy horse like a Clysdale <3
You both look so beautiful!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Awww thank you both.

She didn't look as good a year ago when I first started riding her. Her back was hanging down after having a wrong saddle and she didn't have a lot of muscles. I spent a lot of time working with her and still do. Her owner got her a new saddle, fit for her back that gets adapted every few months. She also has grown on me (and I on her). She greets me with soft nickers when I come to see her. :)

Castile: her feet are typical for her race (Frisian). But they need a lot of care. If it gets too wet under them, it's the perfect place for nasty infections. And I love Clydesdale and other heavy horses, too. They are just so cool in their behavior.

I'm dreaming of a heavy warmblood one day. Especially an old German race called "Alt-Oldenburger". They haven't as much thoroughbread influence as today's sport-type horses and are good riding and carriage horses.
This is one of the breeding stallions. I totally fell in love with this race.

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Your horse is adorable. I have had 2 horses of my own.. a shetlands pony from i was 5 to 12 and a mix breed fjordhorse/insert unknown type here from i was 12 to 14.

My cousins also had horses a dapple arabian gelding who lived til he was 36 :hug: :hug: and a Welsh mountain/Arabian breed

I LOOOOOVE horses. My favorite breed are arabians.. i blame my mum for letting me reed all the black stallion books when i was young :lol: :lol:

If i had the health and wealth i would get myself an arabian/friesian cross.. i mean look at him!

Gypsy horses are my second favorite and i probally have one of each of i had the health and wealth :hug: :hug:

Gypsy :hug: :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

Aww pretty horses! :) I got a horse to! or 4! XD

Her name is Ruby! And she is my new riding horse :)

Signature Made By Senenith

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Finduilas wrote:Awww thank you both.

She didn't look as good a year ago when I first started riding her. Her back was hanging down after having a wrong saddle and she didn't have a lot of muscles. I spent a lot of time working with her and still do. Her owner got her a new saddle, fit for her back that gets adapted every few months. She also has grown on me (and I on her). She greets me with soft nickers when I come to see her. :)

Castile: her feet are typical for her race (Frisian). But they need a lot of care. If it gets too wet under them, it's the perfect place for nasty infections. And I love Clydesdale and other heavy horses, too. They are just so cool in their behavior.
It's amazing how fast their back can droop when they've not been working for a bit. There was an old gelding who taught me to ride (okay, so maybe the human on the ground yelling stuff had something to do with it too) who was retired a few years later. Seeing him out on the barn owner's farm 6 or 8 months later, I was surprised at how he'd become fairly U shaped. He was happy, though and spent his last few years just hanging around with the other retirees and grazing Dang, I miss that old fella.

Castile: One thing to remember about thick heavy feathers is that they can be a nightmare to keep clean if you're showing or competing.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I don't have any horses of my own but I do ride my bf's parents horses sometimes.
This is Flaming Brass but everyone calls him Jr. I believe he was a show horse.
This is my bf's father on Chaos Tails (or just Chaos) rounding up some of their cows.
This is my bf's mother riding Jake, sadly Jake died.
Not going to end this on a bad note. Look a baby cow!
They have more horses, just most are boarded. They have a few more pics here http://azbirdranch.com/Equestrian.html The donkey is named Benjamin he's really funny and makes a horrid noise if you don't give him attention. :mrgreen: