Some people shouldn't own pets

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Some people shouldn't own pets

Unread post by AdamSavage »

My roommate has two cats, that he pretty much ignores 95% of the time. He wont even change the litter box, he pays me $5 to change it because he is too lazy. Today I suggested he try a different Cat food brand, as Purina Cat Chow isn't very good quality. The first ingredient is Corn meal, and I tried to explain to him why it would save him money. However, he either doesn't care or cant get past the initial larger up front cost of cat food. I explained that higher quality food, will last longer and might even save him money long term. His attitude was simply, that he would just keep feeding them the same brand.

When I was first told this about this, when I was using whiskas I figured I would try it out. Sure enough, the person was right and not only that my cats coat was softer and shiny. He doesn't even seem to even try another brand out.

*end rant*
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Some people shouldn't own pets

Unread post by Rhyela »

:( Poor kitties. Well, at least he is willing to pay you to change the litter box if he won't do it himself.

We feed our cats some expensive freaking food, but it really does make a difference in their coat quality. But then, I also spoil the crap out of ours. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

When I was younger we could not afford to get our cat Sylvester good cat food but he was just great full to get food seeing as he was wild at first (He was even like that at 20). But our two new cats are totally snobby when it comes to food. They wont eat anything unless it's this overpriced cat food we have to buy from the pet store cuz it was the stuff they got fed at the pound >.> Unlike the pound we don't get discounts! Sometimes I wish they where like Sylvester and be great full they get food at all XD
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

They may be dogs, but the food is still similar in that the cheap stuff is not good.
We gave them some cheap food cause my dad got it since it was on sale.
Every time they ate it, they'd vomit it all up in a few hours. I don't remember the brand, but never again. ;o;

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

That sounds horrid, poor little guys :hug: money is tight here and we cant afford the expensive stuff but I still manage to give Lord Marrowgar 1 can of tuna every other day with his meal (currently Friskies Indoor Delights). Maybe you should see if you could get your roommate to pay you to potty train his cats, that way when you are no longer roommates the cats won't have to deal with litterbox full of poop. :mrgreen:

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

My husband and I love our two cats like they were our own children. We basically live paycheck to paycheck as it is and so when it comes to feeding our cats, we give them 9 Lives wet food. It's all we can afford even though we'd like to feed them something made of a better quality. We've never received any complaints from our fur-babies though. They scarf down every morsel of food til the plate is clean and shiny. My husband and I aren't bad parents to our cats, we just do the best we can with whatever is within our means.

With that being said, is your roommate able to afford a better quality of food but just wont do it? Or is he buying the cheaper quality of food for his cats because its all he can afford?

The litter box thing is horrible though! I can't imagine anyone being SO lazy that they'd rather put up with the smell of urine and feces than simply clean the box. Are the cats ever permitted outside or are they strictly indoor cats? If they're indoor cats, I can only imagine how bad the box could get in as little as a day!

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

It's true. Low quality dry cat food has a larger serving size, because it's not as nutritious. If you switch to the better quality, the serving size is less, so the bag of food lasts longer.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

He could easily afford the extra $10-$20 for little better in quality cat food, and they are indoor cats only. The smell doesn't really become a problem, till the point that it's so full it can't take anymore pee.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!