Best Snake in the World

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Best Snake in the World

Unread post by Rhyela »

No, I'm not biased at all!!! I can't believe how long it's been since I last took pictures of Blaze. It's terrible! Anyway, I got this guy in late 2009, so he's just over three years old now. He's smaller than most corn snakes, and the breeder told me as much before I got him. He's always been on the small side. But I love him anyway!

His personality is very docile, although he is a bit...spazzy...sometimes. Like when I stick my hand in the tank, he whips his head around like, "What's that!? Hey what is that!?" Then he slithers on over and checks it out. It's probably because he's wondering whether it's food or not. I've never fed him outside the tank like they suggest, so that's my bad.

Anyway, when he's out of the tank he's a complete sweetie though. I've gotten some videos of him sniffing the camera lens, and he just looks so adorable up close. If it weren't for the bacteria snakes can carry, I'd kiss his widdle snakey head.

My cat Skye has caved in the lid of his tank with his fat butt a couple times, so now we keep the cats out of our bedroom. The first time I just about had a heart attack because when I walked in our room, Skye was sitting on one end of the tank on the dresser, and Blaze was perched on the lip of the tank on the other side. I scooped him up, booted Skye out (not literally booted, of course), and had my husband repair the lid.

The second time it happened, my husband and I were headed to my in-laws' house and I had this feeling to turn around and go back home to make sure our bedroom door was closed. It was, but something told me to check anyway. Sure enough, when I opened our door, Skye was sitting on the dresser by the tank again, except this time Blaze was right in front of him! Skye was sniffing him curiously, but it could have (and likely would have) turned into something a little less friendly. Once again, we had to boot the kitty out to repair the lid. /sigh.....animals.

Anyway, here he is, the bestest snake in the world!!!

Baby pictures first!

The pic from the website I bought him from. It was love at first sight. I had been looking for one for a while, but none of them called out to me. Then I saw this picture and knew he was the one.

He was so tiny back then! He could hang just about his whole body on the thermometer cord.

Here he is now, much bigger, though still a little bit small for a corn snake but every bit as adorable.

This one's blurry, but I just love his colors.

Also a little blurry, and his eyes look cloudy (but they're really not!).

When I went into my bedroom last night, this is what I saw peeking out at me. :3

He kinda looks like an eel in this one, hehe.

And that's my baby! :) Thanks for reading/looking!
Attachments
Blaze Close-Up 2 01-19-2013.jpg
Blaze Close-Up 2 01-19-2013.jpg (162.25 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
Blaze's Face 2 01-19-2013.jpg
Blaze's Face 2 01-19-2013.jpg (197.44 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
Blaze's Face 01-19-2013.jpg
Blaze's Face 01-19-2013.jpg (127.75 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
Blaze Peeking 01-19-2013.jpg
Blaze Peeking 01-19-2013.jpg (197.37 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
Blaze Young Adult 2 01-19-2013.jpg
Blaze Young Adult 2 01-19-2013.jpg (161.33 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
Blaze Young Adult 01-19-2013.jpg
Blaze Young Adult 01-19-2013.jpg (150.12 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
Blaze Colors 01-19-2013.jpg
Blaze Colors 01-19-2013.jpg (119.12 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
Blazey 2.jpg
Blazey 2.jpg (43.58 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
Blazey 1.jpg
Blazey 1.jpg (49.73 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
My Corn Snake.jpg
My Corn Snake.jpg (174.02 KiB) Viewed 2066 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Best Snake in the World

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That is a pretty snake.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Love the peeking pics! My baby Teo looks similar, but an overall darker shade.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

He's a beaut! I've kissed many many snakes before and have NEVER got sick. I honestly wouldn't worry to much about it. I would worry more of being bitten then illness. Even the sweetest snake gets nervous seeing some huge warm object coming at they're heads.

Cats. Ugh. Yeah they eat snakes. Sadly your little guy is prey to a cat. If he were above 5 foot it would be the other way around. :lol:

Define small?? Males usually max at 3 - 3.5 foot while females can hit 5 foot at full length.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

He's a beauty.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

zedxrgal wrote:He's a beaut! I've kissed many many snakes before and have NEVER got sick. I honestly wouldn't worry to much about it. I would worry more of being bitten then illness. Even the sweetest snake gets nervous seeing some huge warm object coming at they're heads.

Cats. Ugh. Yeah they eat snakes. Sadly your little guy is prey to a cat. If he were above 5 foot it would be the other way around. :lol:

Define small?? Males usually max at 3 - 3.5 foot while females can hit 5 foot at full length.
Hmm, well I don't know exactly...he's about 1.5x the length of a standard 20-gallon tank. It's just that his head and general body heft seem to be smaller than other corns I've seen, although maybe the way people take the pictures makes their snake look bigger. I feed him adult mice, but I always worry his mouth is gonna rip trying to swallow them. He definitely has to try at it, lol.

Thanks for all the compliments! I certainly feel like he's one of the prettier ones I've seen, but then he's also Mommy's little angel. :lol: He's really special to me because ever since I was young, like maybe 8 or 10 or something like that, I always wanted a corn snake but my mom wouldn't let me have one. So he's kind of like one of my childhood dreams come true. :)

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wow, he's a beauty :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

That's a very handsome snake; his colors are so vibrant, and he has a very appealing face :)

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Slapper, you are too much (in a good way)! :lol:

I over-judged, he's not 1.5x the length of his tank, he's just a little over the length of his tank. I'll have to stop being lazy and take a measuring tape to it one of these days. :lol:

If anyone is ever looking for a good breeder to buy one from, I highly recommend Kathy Love (http://www.cornutopia.com/). I don't think Blaze is one of her own bred, but from a friend, but she definitely has an eye for quality. I also really like Don Soderberg's (https://www.cornsnake.net/) babies. :) You have to pay a little more with the shipping, but the quality and knowledge are well worth the extra money it requires rather than buying them from a pet store (well, pet stores in my area aren't the greatest, maybe others are better).

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rhyela wrote:I over-judged, he's not 1.5x the length of his tank, he's just a little over the length of his tank. I'll have to stop being lazy and take a measuring tape to it one of these days. :lol:
That's ok. It's a common occurrence on the internet, but usually seen from men.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

ROFL!!! Oh goodness, my post sounds so wrong now that I re-read it. :lol: