Kitty wont stop meowing

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Kitty wont stop meowing

Unread post by Qinni »

Shes about a year and a couple months old now and all of the sudden she started to meow a lot and pace around my room. I left her out to play in the living room but she still meows. Shes not hungry or anything and i give her a lot of attention but I can't get her to stop. :c

Any thoughts as to why she is doing this?
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Kitty wont stop meowing

Unread post by Makoes »

Is she fixed?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Noooooope. I'm going to when I have the money.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Janie my kitten would just HOWL and moan and whine all day and all night before she was spayed. She was only 4 months when she had it done which is surprising for me, i read they would be ready for the procedure around 6 months but she was like NUPE MY BODY SAYS NAO! soooo.... few days after the meowing started we took her in and they confirmed she was in her cycle and spayed her. She was instantly fine after that. She would spend most of her time walking around in circles in the living room, even if we tried to bring her into our rooms to pet her.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

That's your reason right there. Female cats will go into their cycle not much longer after about six months (differs for every cat), and when they do they will consistency meow or 'howl', which some owners find extremely annoying. Not only that, but she will be more persistent about getting out of the house to find male friends if they haven't already scoped out your house already for her. Do be careful as some females will start to urinate outside of their litterbox as part of their new routine while in heat. (We acutely had an owner surrender their female cat to us because she was doing both these things... we spayed her and in a week she was a normal adoptable cat.)

Don't let her out, and do get her spayed as soon as possible to avoid having her get pregnant. Some shelters will offer discount pricing, or there is care credit.

Good luck, and best care with her :)

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Yeah, female cats in heat get rather persistently loud and pretty much its either waiting out till the cycle ends or you get her fixed. or...she finds a happy male kitty to sing with.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

All the males are fixed and she isn't an outside cat. I'll try and get her fixed but its a matter of money and it sucks right now.
Angerfang
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore,Stormrage,

Unread post by Angerfang »

many many many vets and animal hospitals will spay or neuter for free or a donation to help control the animal population....i called my local animal rescue place and told them that i adopted a pet and they had a deal with the local vet and just asked for a small donation to their rescue... you might want to look into that.. especially if the pet is adopted vs some purebred bought... they appreciate people helping out.. i have 3 cats myself all rescues
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

As long as she's in no danger of getting pregnant it may be best to wait till after she comes off heat anyway. I'm not sure what it's like there but I know some vets here charge more for spaying an animal in heat. And more again if they're pregnant.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Yeah, I'm going to agree with the others that she's probably lookin for love.

My last cat, Katie, was 6 months old when her body decided it was time to get into the kitten business. She went into heat for the first time while I was moving from TX up to the DC area. Nothing like spending 9 or 10 hours a day in the car with a female cat who's 'in the mood' and announcing it to the world.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Wain wrote:As long as she's in no danger of getting pregnant it may be best to wait till after she comes off heat anyway. I'm not sure what it's like there but I know some vets here charge more for spaying an animal in heat. And more again if they're pregnant.
*nod nod* When I had Janie taken in she was in heat so they charged $20 more for the operation but we couldn't stand the yowling so we paid it. Wish I knew of shelters that do the procedure for small donations. By the time we were done with sedation and the extra fee it cost up $90 and we had already just bought a $60 scratching post and Janie cost $130 from the adoption center and probably around $70+ for medication and vitamins for respitory infection and a really bad case of ear mites that they left untreated. They just gave us a form we had to sign stating we'd have her spayed by <date here>. They never offered their services or vets they have deals with or anything and poor grade antibiotics when we told them about her ailments.

I'm sure the vet's, if you can stand waiting out the meowing, will be much appreciative not having to go in there while she's doin' her thing, I think they charge more cause its more complicated and messy.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

i can't get any free ones in my area because the only places that did do it stopped it for some reason. Then the vet is NEVER in. My family vet lets me do monthly payments but hes just gotten expensive over the past few years. She isn't a recuse because she was born in my house.

*keeps forgetting that I never told you guys I had kittens a long time ago*
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

Qinni wrote:*keeps forgetting that I never told you guys I had kittens a long time ago*
I hope you meant that your cat had kittens, though it'd be pretty neat to see a cat smart enough to play WoW. Smartest LoLcat ever! :D
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Boven wrote: I hope you meant that your cat had kittens, though it'd be pretty neat to see a cat smart enough to play WoW. Smartest LoLcat ever! :D
yea my brain derpped i meant what you said

I don't have a picture of the other yet because she's camera shy but here is Tabitha.

Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

I sooo miss having a cat, sometimes.