Pet Insurance

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Pet Insurance

Unread post by AdamSavage »

What do you guys think of Pet Insurance ? I had a long talk with a rep from Trupanion and they sounded pretty good. They said after the 30 day wait period, if something happens that I need to take my pet to the vet and it's a costly bill. That they will cover it. Mind you a lot of people have said Insurance companies in general, typically find some excuse to not pay out.

Has anyone here had good or bad experience with Pet Insurance companies ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Pet Insurance

Unread post by Lupis »

I can't remember what insurance company we use, but we did end up getting pet insurance the past year. We decided against it at first, and not a month later, one of our dogs suddenly melted down and needed multiple costly blood transfusions, several of which we had to turn down because we couldn't pay. The company would have payed for it, and we decided that the huge mental baggage of deciding if you can even afford saving a pet's life is so terrible that it's worth the fee of insurance.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

We did not go with insurance as it was way to costly. It was something like $300 a month per cat and they'd only pay for things over like $200 or something and only certain things too. We have had enough trouble with medical insurance for all my surgeries and house insurance when we got robbed last year and I don't think we could handle another lot of trouble.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

cowmuflage wrote:We did not go with insurance as it was way to costly. It was something like $300 a month per cat and they'd only pay for things over like $200 or something and only certain things too. We have had enough trouble with medical insurance for all my surgeries and house insurance when we got robbed last year and I don't think we could handle another lot of trouble.
Valid point. However, they word things so vague. That it makes you wonder what excuses they will come up with, to not cover the vet bill. I have enough of a credit limit on two credit cards that I could put almost any vet cost on them. Example of what I mean by vague wording.

https://content.trupanion.com/files/tru ... cy-510.pdf
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

The one we can get through my moms work requires you to pay for it out of pocket and if they deem whatever it was worthy enough they'll reimburse you even though they'd already be taking a nice chunk of money out of her pay checks... it all seems so terrible... If your pet gets super sick they might not even cover it which is just disgusting. My mom doesn't want to deal with losing the extra money because Rayne is currently very healthy and the insurance might not even help out.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!