My Gooba's having a bad day...

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

My Gooba's having a bad day...

Unread post by Tilo »

Snoozing today.

So I wasn't able to get the food my old panther normally eats until yesterday, since sunday into monday he had icky doo; which bulked up this morning at 5am, & he had five decent doos. Yesterday mid-afternoon he wasn't very hungry, had some boiled chicken I made, then this morning after the doo he had a little wet food, hasn't eaten anything since save for some cat treats he enjoys. I've been making sure he's hydrated 1oz of water every time he's up, via the syringe.

Prior to last mid-afternoon & today, he'd been rather all right, eating, drinking, peeing, cruising, doing the normal things he does.

Today's just a bad day for him, I hope, he's still all right as far as I can tell in other areas, grabbing the brush to brush himself, purring to being brushed & petted, & getting treats.

Obviously the vet says to take him in tomorrow if he hasn't eaten anything, will see how it goes, I have some money aside in case we have to, but the verdict, probably something bad, that'll cost ample amount of money I don't have, & he's already 16-17yrs old already. Just ticks me off, & feel partly at fault just cause I couldn't get out till yesterday to get the food he normally eats, so now he's got tummy troubles. The vet said I'm doing all I can for him right now, which is seeing if he's hungry when he's up, & making sure he's hydrated...

If he's telling me "it's time for me to move along mom", that's fine but kinda 'meh', cause prior to this, he was overall, all right, & for the ''change'' to come on so drastically from prior being all right, I just don't know. I really didn't want to have to use his urn so soon... :(

Please give your furkids an extra hug for my Gooba, in hopes he gets better soon... cause I'm doing all I can for my furkid right now... & with family to the four winds distance wise, I just feel so helpless. :cry: :hug:

Edit:
-Wednesday-
6p he ate some wet food on his own, will see how he does tomorrow...
11p he got sick, & had diarrhea still, still watery 1oz water

-Thursday-
1a he was hungry so got a little wet food 1 1/2oz water
7a he was hungry so got a little wet food 1 1/2oz water
11a he was hungry so got a little wet food 1 1/2oz water
2p icky doo - consistency if you melted peanut butter, 1 1/2oz water
5p he was hungry so got a little wet food & 2oz water

-- I read that edible clay can really help with diarrhea, but what then after that?
-- He's on a 'regular' wet food now all natural Tiki brand, roommate who doesn't own a cat said to just give him "meow mix" if he likes it but he's already had Tiki last night into today, I don't want to f*ck with his grub again. He also mentioned to just leave dry out, but he doesn't always want dry, & since his bowel obstruction last year he's been on mostly wet with dry at night
-- He is decently hydrated, the skin test snaps back like a rubber band; he's not enjoying the syringe though.

--Sunday--
he's cruising a little more, eating some more, unfortunately the tiki brand of cat food, only has two entrees of chicken, so I was considering getting a little of the wellness sliced chicken to mix in slowly, because he'll snub the chicken, for the fish, & he can't have a ton of fish as a meal

the dooky is getting a little better, still kinda icky, nothing majorly firm, but it's getting there
-- Any suggestions, would be extremely helpful.
Last edited by Tilo on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: My Gooba's having a bad day...

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Sorry to hear about your baby.:(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I hope he's getting better, poor old guy! :(

I know this isn't *any* consolation to you right now, but if it is his time to go (and he is pretty old) then being good up to that point and then going downhill very quickly is often the kindest way. Better than him lingering. But of course that only makes it harder for you to deal with as you haven't had time to get used to the idea.

But I don't want to sound macabre. I hope this is just a spell and he's on the improve soon!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tilo »

Mixed some ground up dry with wet, he still gets syringes of water when he's up; vet says I am doing all I can on my end right now, as long as he's:
- eating
- doing what he wants
- the dooky improves
- peeing
- not overly lethargic

If the dooky doesn't improve by monday or tuesday, they obviously want me to bring him in. He hasn't gone doo today yet, & I haven't gotten the edible clay yet either... hope it improves though.

--Sunday-- the doo is a little better, not completely firm he's kind of snubbing the tiki cause they only have two entrees of chicken, so I might add some of the wellness shredded cause it's like the tiki... will see though, he's been really picky with the Tiki though & no way I'm going to swap his food to a new one quickly either.

--Monday into Tuesday---
Doo slowly improving still, he had some awful doo last night, & yarked, then was hungry like "I got that out of my system - feed me", I got some Wellness & added just a dab in with the Tiki Sardines, he ate two helpings of it mixed. He also got his smidgin of clay today, will see how it goes, also some more water as well. We cruised a few houses down past few days, & he's getting his glucosamine liquid after he eats as well. Just been lazy days with it being hot n' humid here.
Last edited by Tilo on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signature Kamoodle []
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear about your boy. I sure hope things get better because it seems like no matter how prepared we think we are, the loss of a loved one still hits us hard.

Wishing you and your furkid all the best. <3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I hope the old guy is doing better!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tilo »

6/25 still swaying some - i.e. not completely bending his legs to walk & swaying his hips to get around but just got him back on the glucosamine again, doo's fine, & you'd think I never feed him with how hungry he's been, overall he appears all right now thank you all. :hug:

6/29 - eating like no tomorrow, back on the glucosamine will probably get that diatanacious earth, he's doing all right for the most part, it's really hot here so he's not doing a whole lot.

7/9 he's eating mostly wet which even then he's picky about, I might just get some decent dry from the grocer so he'll eat dry at least, he's lost some weight but is still doing what he wants & eating... his doo is kind of up n down was fine all yesterday then ick this morning & he's on the same brand of wet food... I'm just at a loss with him at times in regards what he'll eat, as he's been so picky past few days, sigh. He's such a grandpa cat now, I just want him to eat what he wants to & be happy, super healthy or not...
Signature Kamoodle []