Cat saving boy from dog attack video

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Cat saving boy from dog attack video

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Ya'll probs already seen this but it's pretty amazing none the less! I think it's really neat that the cat goes back to check on the kid. I really don't like that dog. I wont say my opinions on what should happen to that dog because it might start shit.

Here is a link if you have not seen it

Here is a drawing that a guy I follow called Andrew dickman drew of it XD

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Cat saving boy from dog attack video

Unread post by Castile »

Haha great picture! Yes I agree what a badass cat and not so nice dog (apparently it was a puppy? yikes!)

I think I know what those opinions might be and totally agree. Here's the article if ppl are interested.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/w ... 1#comments

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

That's so cool, and it's amazing how many people asked "why didn't the dad do anything while filming" questions :lol: Internet people make me smile. :D Aslo cats are awesome. :headbang: :mrgreen:

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Rawr wrote:That's so cool, and it's amazing how many people asked "why didn't the dad do anything while filming" questions :lol: Internet people make me smile. :D Aslo cats are awesome. :headbang: :mrgreen:
I have learned that I should NEVER read the comments section of of ANY internet website unless I am fully awake, and capable of handling the head-exploding stupidity of people.

The comments section makes one just want to reach through the screen and slap people around!

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Sukurachi wrote:
Rawr wrote:That's so cool, and it's amazing how many people asked "why didn't the dad do anything while filming" questions :lol: Internet people make me smile. :D Aslo cats are awesome. :headbang: :mrgreen:
I have learned that I should NEVER read the comments section of of ANY internet website unless I am fully awake, and capable of handling the head-exploding stupidity of people.

The comments section makes one just want to reach through the screen and slap people around!

I first saw the video on CNN, so I was spared the usual horrible Youtube comments, and got to see the shots of Tara the cat laying next to the kid later looking like "Nobody bites or scratches my humans except for me!"
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Chows and chow mixes are known for aggressive traits, but to me this one looks like an ignorant pup. The most angering thing for me was the owners who were quoted as saying that it hated children and bicycles... yet apparently they let it out. I hope the owners are going to be charged.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I hope so, too, Wain. Letting their dog out like that without a leash and KNOWING it hates kids and bicycles? :/ Sounds pretty negligent at best.

Also, this cat owns. I think a lot of people underestimate how loving and protective kittehs are.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Wain wrote:Chows and chow mixes are known for aggressive traits, but to me this one looks like an ignorant pup. The most angering thing for me was the owners who were quoted as saying that it hated children and bicycles... yet apparently they let it out. I hope the owners are going to be charged.
If I remember the story correctly he got out of the backyard without them knowing. At least that's what I heard. I saw it on the news last night. They did euthanize the dog, which sadly, is policy for any aggressive dog. I do think if you know your dog has problems like that then you should be responsible and not live in a family community. The dog was aggressive and attacked unprovoked. Nobody can deny that.

Also cats are amazing. They quoted the little boy as saying Tora was his hero and showed a very content and I'm sure especially spoiled cat.

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I was happy to see this story. Our family cat, Patches saved me once from something running at me it was either a really big spider or a mouse. It was moving too fast for me to see,but she jumped between us and smacked that thing. I grabbed her and ran out of the basement. :lol: Sad to hear that the dog was put down, but there was probably no other option.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

It's not 'any aggressive dog', it's if it actually injures someone. Dogs can be pretty aggressive and not tear giant holes in a child.

I've been 'bitten by an ignorant puppy' before and not ended up with three inch gashes in my arm. In this case, I think it was the right choice. Especially since untraining a dog that has such aggression issues is a lot of focused hard work, and that the owners of said dog are obviously unwilling to do so (given their apparent negligence of the animal up until now); the dog could rightfully be expected to grow up and continue to be dangerously aggressive.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Novikova

Bulletdance wrote:I was happy to see this story. Our family cat, Patches saved me once from something running at me it was either a really big spider or a mouse. It was moving too fast for me to see,but she jumped between us and smacked that thing. I grabbed her and ran out of the basement. :lol: Sad to hear that the dog was put down, but there was probably no other option.
From what I read, people had had problems with that dog before. And rabies is not a disease you want to play around with or chance (There's been what? 3-4 survivors and it was likely they were bat bite victims vs a dog bite, so a milder strain may have been at hand). Although, I imagine it wasn't just wanting to examine the dog. The blame lies on the owners. It is unfortunate the dog was put down, but if it was being treated as the stories say - odds are, if not this kid, then another.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Glain wrote:
Wain wrote:Chows and chow mixes are known for aggressive traits, but to me this one looks like an ignorant pup. The most angering thing for me was the owners who were quoted as saying that it hated children and bicycles... yet apparently they let it out. I hope the owners are going to be charged.
If I remember the story correctly he got out of the backyard without them knowing. At least that's what I heard. I saw it on the news last night. They did euthanize the dog, which sadly, is policy for any aggressive dog. I do think if you know your dog has problems like that then you should be responsible and not live in a family community. The dog was aggressive and attacked unprovoked. Nobody can deny that.

Also cats are amazing. They quoted the little boy as saying Tora was his hero and showed a very content and I'm sure especially spoiled cat.
According to the news report I saw, the dog got out of the back yard via a gate that had been left open. Still, the first thing it apparently did was to head over and go after the kid.

Another report said that Tara had 'adopted the humans' 5 years ago, following them home from a fair. That could also explain her going after the dog. The huge tomcat I once had had spent the first few years of his life as a stray and he would actively try to attack any dog that came near him.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I've known a few extremely protective cats and it really doesn't surprise me that Tara went after that dog! There was a stray that adopted our yard to raise her kittens in, and only a few weeks after meeting me for the first time she started refusing to let me leave the property- when I tried to take walks she'd follow, yowling, until I went back home.

I'm sorry for the family that lost their dog, as well as that poor kid. Unfortunately some dogs are just too violent and they're really too much of a risk. :-/

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't know about where this was from but I know here ANY dog that is proven to be violent and a danger to people IE it's attacked someone like this or something will be put down no matter what. No matter the dog.

I know people try to go to court to "save their dog" but most of the time it's their fualt their dog is like it anyway :S
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yeah, it's unfortunate about the dog, because it most likely wasn't properly socialized or taken to any sort of obedience training. I have heard that chows tend to have a bit of a mean streak, but I don't know if that's true or not.

But regardless of the fact that it "should have" or "could have" been raised better, it still attacked a child completely unprovoked. I do feel it should be put down at this point. Like I said, it's sad, but it would have been tons more sad if the child had been fatally injured. In my opinion, a human's life always comes before an animal's. (Not that I'm saying animals should be abused or hurt, please don't take it that way.)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Novikova

If it's aggressive towards a kid, it's probably animal-aggressive, too.