Getting Ready To Say Good-Bye.

Zaranock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bladefist

Getting Ready To Say Good-Bye.

Unread post by Zaranock »

My life partner of over 15 years, my strength and my heart, a friend worth more to me than myself at times, is getting ready to pass.

My darling Tess is dying of old age, and each day she gets weaker, sometimes needing me to carry her to where she needs to go, having troubles in activity, and generally just getting closer and closer. I've made sure she's not pained or sick...She's just dying of old age.

This cat has been a part of my life for over 15 years.

How do I get ready to say good-bye?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Getting Ready To Say Good-Bye.

Unread post by Lisaara »

It won't be easy no matter what you do, hon. There's no way around that.

Best way is to just stay with her, show her how much you love her and care for her. Remember she lived a good long life. you took very good care of her and you will be with her to the very end.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I'm very sorry.

I lost one of my bestest friends last December from cancer - a 14.5 yr old shepherd mix named Loki. It was sudden... that morning he couldn't stand. He had to be helped outside to potty, but fell again. My husband carried him to the vet's office, where we found out a tumor had ruptured inside his belly, and he wasn't going to last the day. We had to end his suffering. We were there with him, holding him.

That dog was a major part of my adult life. He moved cross country with us twice. He explored mountain tops and canyons with us. He was a shaft of sunshine throughout my struggle with depression. I miss him every day.

It's hard to see our loved ones (I hate to say pets. They's so much more than that... they're family) grow old. Helping them pass is the last act of love we can give them.
Zaranock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bladefist

Unread post by Zaranock »

Thanks guys :)

It helped that you both were willing to share. It won't make her any less missed, though.
Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

Nothing ever makes it easier. My husband and I both lost dogs at the beginning of the year that were more or less like kids to us. But knowing you gave them a good life and they were happy for that life helps at least. We also found that while they will never be replaced, that turning the situation around and bringing some new dogs into our lives helped us. But that is a personal choice for when you are ready, if ever.
Make sure you have some good pictures, we kept a favorite toy, and remember the wonderful times you had together.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

If it means much at all...it's been many years since I said goodbye to Lady(just before I started the 7th grade). I'm now 25 and in college and I still cry over her sometimes. I miss her to pieces.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine