New Cat Mallow

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

New Cat Mallow

Unread post by Rawr »

So I live in the second house on a ranch and the ranch owners, my in-laws, got some new barn cats. If you don't know barn cats are cats that live outside and kill mice, rats, and other pets. Most are shelter cats that would have normally been put down because the vast majority are feral. Mallow is weird, he came from a hoarder but is super friendly to people, also very chill to the point I doubt he will make it as a barn cat. So we decided that we should try to introduce Mallow to Marrowgar. Marrowgar sniffed him, hissed, then went into the other room and napped. So far so good :lol: At the time of writing this Mallow is napping under my dresser. :hug: I will add pics when Mallow is more comfy. :D

For anyone wondering barn cats are given their shots, spayed/neutered, and chipped before we get them, also checked for worms and anything else wrong with them so Marrowgar won't get sick from Mallow. :mrgreen:

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: New Cat Mallow

Unread post by Teigan »

That's great that your in-laws give cats that second chance. Properly looked after barn cats have good lives. I hope that Mallow works out indoors. Seeing he came from a hoarder, he's probably overwhelmed by the world, poor thing. I'm glad you're looking out for him :)
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Yeah, I think he was one of those special hoarder pets, you know the one that gets all the attention and food, he seemed really sad in the barn with the other cats and didn't move much. :| Once I got him into the house he was all face rubs and head butts. He got a bath too and didn't seem to mind much :) He is still under the dresser and Marrowgar is still ignoring him :lol: :mrgreen:

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Ah, yeah. Sounds like he was one of the "golden children". But, Marrowgar ignoring him is a good start! He's comfortable enough to walk away. Given time, he'll probably adjust, seeing he isn't actively trying to kill him :)
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Yeah Marrowgar is really chill with any animal his size. He loved playing with our Jack Russel and cuddled with our friend's cat we babysat for a month. It's defiantly what I was hoping for, I really don't want to have to put Mallow back with the barn cats. :mrgreen:

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Hopefully, he'll be a mellow Mallow :D
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

So update, Mallow is bunting (that head butt thing cats do) everyone, including Marrowgar, this morning :hug: . He lets both my boyfriend and myself pet him and even flops when he gets much petting. Marrowgar is not sure what to do as he is the one normally bunting others :lol: But yay :headbang: can't wait to tell the mother-in-law so she can stop worrying. :D Pics when he settles down for a nap in a spot that I can take a pic of him in. :mrgreen:

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

That is excellent! I am very glad that he's settling in so well! I look forward to seeing pics of the little guy :D
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Might have to drug him with catnip to get him to hold still :lol: he sleeps under one of the couches :D :mrgreen:

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Mallow pics!

Marrowgar and Mallow!
Sorry for the blur, it's hard to get a kittten to hold still. :lol: :mrgreen:

Teigan