The best mistake I ever made (getting my crazy dog)

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

The best mistake I ever made (getting my crazy dog)

Unread post by Bulletdance »

This is Gail my crazy golden. About five years ago I had to have lung surgery and it didn't go very well. I ended up losing half of one lung, I remember the dr. telling me it'd take at least six years to recover and I might not at all. As anyone my age would've done I laughed, I figured I'd be running around the next day. That didn't really happen. After a few years of physical therapy I decided I needed a dog. Something to help motivate me to keep going and get out more. So I found Gail at a shelter, she must have been abused by her previous owners as her teeth are not very good and she has some other problems, but she jumped up and hugged me when I walked into her cage so I had to have her! I thought we could use each others help. Turned out she was a bit stronger than I gave her credit. She pulled me everywhere! I was beginning to think I'd have to give her up when late one night I was home by myself and she indicated she had to go outside and bad! So I went tot he door and opened it for her and to my surprise she stopped right in front of it her hair all going up her teeth showing! I've worked with dogs for many years and had never seen such an aggressive looking dog. And then I saw why, about five feet from me hiding behind some clothes on the clothes line was a strange man in my backyard. I tried to get her inside, but she refused standing between him and the door. I quickly shut and locked it and ran got the phone calling 911. Then I used a treat to lure her inside and slammed the door behind her locking it. I clung to her and the phone until police arrived and chased him off. I don't know what would've happened if she wasn't there. He could have easily broke in through a window or worse.

So I hired a dog trainer and now I can even walk her by myself! I'm pretty much close to back to normal now(she gives me a lot of exercise lol) So that's the story of how I got and kept my dog Gail. And she'll never go without a home or tummy rubs again even if she pees like a boy and farts like a tanker truck and pulled me into a lake....twice...shes my perfect little angel. :mrgreen:
Saturo

Re: The best mistake I ever made (getting my crazy dog)

Unread post by Saturo »

Lovely story, and a great dog.

I wish my poodle would pretect me from burglars...
*Glares at Ozzy*

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Rofl I meant to put this in the real life pets section. My bad.... :oops: I'd move it, but don't know how. Any help from an admin?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Moved it for you. :)
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

Shes beautiful, and sounds like a great dog =], my puppy dakota came out the opposite of most puppys, hes calm sweet and not a big licker.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

You people are so lucky.

I live alone and in a large city, so a dog wouldn't be a good idea.
Gozu
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Gozu »

Aw look at that smiley face! Your story really touches my heart, so beautiful. I'm so happy you had Gail there to protect you that night.
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Sigh... Wish i could have a dog or a cat, either would be fine... My appartment complex allows dogs and cats, but the security deposit is $1000.00.. Grr, I like where I live but can't afford the $1000.00 dep; so I watch the people that can afford and sigh

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed