HUNTER PETS TO NOW MATCH HUNTERS LVL PATCH 4.1!

Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Re: HUNTER PETS TO NOW MATCH HUNTERS LVL PATCH 4.1!

Unread post by Daranara »

On the one hand, I'm kind of sad about this, because like someone else above me I use the leveling time to get to know the new arrivals...

...But on the other hand in a practical sense I don't see much of a downside and I will be able to use all of my pets without feeling too bad because they're not 85 yet!

I'm excited C:

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Here's a question, since newly tamed pets will be brought up to your current level, are the ones in our stables going to be brought up too? It would only make sense, right?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

*Shrug* I could usually get a pet from 82 to 85 by doing dailies.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Aw....kinda sad cause I like leveling my pets.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Great. This'll make it easier for hunters to tame a throwaway pet before a raid.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

For all those who say that leveling a pet just takes doing dailies or an hour, consider that some of us are actually very busy and don't want to throw away hours at a time leveling up pets. I think that's largely why I've been spending so much time on alts; I don't feel like spending my limited time doing video game chores.

So, this is a great relief for me, with over half my stables sitting at level 82.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Thelandira
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Thelandira »

In regards to the questions about whether or not the stabled pets will "ding" 85, it will most likely be like it was when they changed it from low level pets being 5 levels below you to them being 3 levels below you. As soon as you take them out of the stable (can't remember if you had to "call" them or just move them to your "invisible bag for holding them") they will ding. I could be wrong...they could make it so that as soon as you open your stable they will all be at 85. Guess we'll see.

Now, the fact that pets will always be our level when newly tamed is some nice news indeed. But I have to be honest, I kind of miss the days where we had to go find temporary pets so that we could learn new/higher ranked abilities for our main pets. It just seemed more "hunterish" that way to me. (I feel the same about how we always had to feed them to keep them happy so they wouldn't run away) Also, the way I used to see it was that our pets, unlike a Warlock's minion, didn't automatically "ding" with us because they did more damage/had more survivability than Warlock minions. Therefore, they had to "earn" those better abilities. They've taken all the pet management away...which I feel made us better Hunters to begin with.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

One important part of pet management still remains...ensuring your pet's going after the right mob. :D *has targeted mobs in the wrong pack a time or two*
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Cialbi wrote:For all those who say that leveling a pet just takes doing dailies or an hour, consider that some of us are actually very busy and don't want to throw away hours at a time leveling up pets. I think that's largely why I've been spending so much time on alts; I don't feel like spending my limited time doing video game chores.

So, this is a great relief for me, with over half my stables sitting at level 82.
^ This
I work full time + run my own guild + deal with all the things that exist outside of game (the upkeep of the home and all the critters and items within it + married life). I even try to make as much time as possible for helping people out here with signatures. I'm glad some people have the time and opportunity to level up their pets and enjoy doing so, but that's just not the case for all of us. I'm glad this is being implemented. It takes a huge weight off my shoulders and will allow me to better enjoy all the pets in my full (multiple hunter) stables. Less time spent on monotonous things=more time for the things that are important! :D

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Syriana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Syriana »

I enjoyed leveling them up the last 3 levels. :/ Also a great way to get leather. XD
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I... actually enjoy leveling my pets. xD Shoot. >.< That's a lot less incentive to do TB dailies...
But it's a good change overall, I know.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

A little on, and a little off topic...

Back when I was I boy, I remember another young wild idealist whom had a fascination with warcraft hunter pets, their levels, their damage and statistics. What their skills were, what level they could learn them, what families you had to tame in order to learn these skills to then be able to pass them onto others. Her fascination was amazing, her dedication to the numbers was relentless, her findings she decided to share with the world. Multiple levels, Multiple brackets, Multiple pets, Multiple hunters, it was amazing.

Now, as much as I'll appreciate the new auto levels, skills and abilities that we all enjoy with our current and future pets, I for one will never forget how it started, where we started and that young wild idealist, whom which we owe a lot too, in fact, even this very forum.

Your work will never be forgotten,

thanks Mania. ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I like this alot. It will make it easier to go grab a pet for a raid without needing to level up the pet. In fact it will make collecting different pets alot easier.
Araniis
Realm: Doomhammer

Unread post by Araniis »

Didn't I say a while ago that I was expecting this to happen when we had that issue back in Northrend? And as I said before, I'm honestly all for this change. Grinding is never fun and it was just tedious to go into a heroic ONLY to level up your pet and you had nothing else to do. Being able to tame a pet instantly and have it ready for raiding in moments is exactly what we need.
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

Eh currently on the ptr, your stabled pets do not auto level with you. Only ones that are current tames. Not sure this is intended or not.

I did shuffle around pets in the stable and still a few I had on the char from the ptr before had pets that were still 82 through 84
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

I'd think you'd have to bring them out of their stables to get them to insta level either way.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

I tried taking several of my lvl 82 pets out of the stable on the ptr and none of them jumped up to 85. Summoning and dismissing, moving in and out of the stable, nothing would bump them up. There is a post on the PTR bug forum about it so hopefully this is not intended. Anything new I tamed however did get bumped to lvl 85.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am happy about the change. Though I also understand the leveling a pet to get to know it bit was fun to. I was just happy when the pets tamed within 5lvs rather then having to take something like the lv 19 ghost saber and trying to level it to 70...That was to rough.

It'll be nice for the hydra's and such that will be getting tamed asap :)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Actually, from what I understand, only Tame Beast bumps the pet up to your level.

If you have a pet in the stables and it's behind you, when you pull it out it will revert to 3 levels behind (or less if it's only one or two) and you're still back to leveling them in dungeons. XD

But at least it goes quick! Mostly this is, I think, to placate raiders who find a new pet at 85 and their guild whines because they bring them into raids underleveled.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Nachtwulf wrote:Actually, from what I understand, only Tame Beast bumps the pet up to your level.

If you have a pet in the stables and it's behind you, when you pull it out it will revert to 3 levels behind (or less if it's only one or two) and you're still back to leveling them in dungeons. XD

But at least it goes quick! Mostly this is, I think, to placate raiders who find a new pet at 85 and their guild whines because they bring them into raids underleveled.
I seriously doubt that. How ridiculous would it be for me to go all over Azeroth and retame every single non-rare pet in my stables, just because I don't have the time to level my pets? I'm sorry, but this would be a ridiculous system. I for one do not want to abandon and retame 20+ pets on patch day. What's more, this will hardly be a one-time deal. Once someone hits the level cap, guess what they get to do? Yep, retame up to 24 pets that had the misfortune of not being the active pet when the hunter reached 85.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!