Multishot Buff on PTR

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Multishot Buff on PTR

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Hunter (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
Multi-Shot damage has been increased by 250%.
Just saw that on MMO-C. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Saturo

Re: Multishot Buff on PTR

Unread post by Saturo »

0.o

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unless you're Survival, hunter AoE damage is in the crapper. :(

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I know, I know. Was just being funny.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Pooksie
Realm: Burning Legion

Unread post by Pooksie »

About time! Probably changed from rubber arrows to real ones so it actually hurts now.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

*imagines Pooksie firing several rubber arrows from her bow*

I wonder how much of a difference this will make. 250% is a lot, but considering how incredibly low Multi-Shot damage is currently...
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

This will hopefully be a good thing.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Saturo wrote:I know, I know. Was just being funny.
In that case: :lol:

[/center]
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

About F**ing time! For its cost it was pretty much useless, better to just launch a trap under them all. Only really ever used it as my first attack after an MD. Hopefully now it will be able to do more damage on par with other AoE abilities.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

This will certainly help my "Pop BW and spam Multi-shot" AOE DPS technique... :D

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

They need to drop the focus cost on this. Only being able to fire off 2, considering we lost Volley, and other classes can simply spam AoE... : / Increased damage won't cut it if we can't use more than a couple in a go.

I showed a guildmate an example of what I meant about the focus cost of Multishot crippling BM hunters outside of Bestial Wrath. It makes me feel utterly useless on any encounter where adds need burning down. There were 2 huge trash packs. On the first, I popped BW and spammed Multishot, and came out at around 22k dps. The second, where BW was on cd, despite starting at full focus and using Fervor, I came out at a whopping 3.5k dps. It's quite abysmal.

I was open-minded about focus, I don't hate it, but I definitely think it's a bit too limiting as it is. When you're out of focus, and there's just nothing you can do about it, there's a bad feeling of helplessness--think rogues in PvP. They have Energy. They run out, bad things happen--BUT, they have myriad stuns and an interrupt to stop healers from getting off that last-second heal. They have an auto-applying 70% slow that's nearly impossible to dispel on top of the 5-stacked DP. Us, we nuke that healer down, it's about to die, then oops--we're out of focus. Intimidation is on cooldown from stopping the first heal. Scatter and trap were used on his partner. We have to sit there helplessly while the healer casually tosses off a heal... And considering that frost mages for example just don't run oom in PvP... I know it's more complicated than this, but focus frustrates me more often than not, and far too often I feel that an extra 20 focus would make or break a PvE encounter or arena match. It needs a little tweaking, and I think Multishot would be fine if it just had a focus reduction. A major one. Or if everything cost 2/3 focus of what it does, and Multishot, half. >.>

Multi-shot is just a hideously exaggerated example of the Focus issue in my mind >.<

Edit--one thing I forgot to mention is this. We regen Focus by casting Cobra/Steady. On large packs of low-hp trash, it's nearly impossible to cast a single Cobra or Steady Shot before another player's AoE kills it. I feel like I'm playing the lottery trying to pick a mob that won't die before my cast finishes so I can somehow squeeze out another Multishot!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Well, for one, the comparison of Multi-Shot to Volley just doesn't hold water any more because Volley was endless spam with mana. I imagine that if we used Volley still with focus that it would have just as high of a focus cost. Not to mention, SV's signature shot, Explosive Shot costs a base of 50 focus, 10 more focus than Multi-Shot (but it thankfully puts out far more damage).

The way I see it is that we're not supposed to be AoEing as much this expansion. I find that it's far more efficient to just single target groups down than it is to try and use Multi-Shot. I do hope that this buff will bring the damage of it up to make it more worth using for MM and BM for groups of 4 or more.

My biggest concern with the buff is it pushing SV into OP AoE numbers with Explosive Trap and Serpent's Spread.
Last edited by TygerDarkstorm on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[/center]
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Now....they just need to lower the cost of it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

They do.. It's hard to aoe packs of mobs and your always having to use cobra or steady to regen your focus..It's even worse on mobs with low health. You end up standing there looking like a idiot because you can't do anything but auto shot. A surv hunter can double his dps or even more on groups. However on single target I can keep up with a surv hunter.
Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

As nice as more damage is, I would have preferred a lower cost, just so I'd be able to use it more than three times before giving up and using something else on AoE packs/adds.

Ah well. Progress!
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

its a big buff for MM w/ bombardment. for fights like chogall or conclave or magmaw, i just alternate steady and multi to keep up the bombardment buff.

currently my multi's are doing 2K normal and 4K crit. with the buff, it would be around 5K-10K dmg.

for SV it is still good, alternate cobra and multi, allowing for the serpents spread to tick while you cobra.

BM, you may have to save BW and Rapid Fire for add phases. but BM has a lot more RAP so multi's could be hitting for over 6k-12K.

as far as lowering the cost, it would be nice, but blizz wants resource management to be important so i doubt they will lower the focus cost.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

They where all about crowd control but yet you still have these packs of mobs that you have to take down. No different then wrath Heroics from what I have seen. Another thing that is hard for us to use multishot is when they die quickly and you waste time trying to get a new target so you can either single shot them or use multi shot. This is where volley came in handy. All you needed to do was target the area there where in and you would hit all of them without needing to find a new target.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I like we're getting the 250% weapon damage, thats a def fav for me but i feel hunters are pretty balaned out in Aoe terms. MM have Bombardment, SV is AoE major but is also for the most part a PvP specc to my knowledge.. ive never been SV before, and BM hunters can slap BW on, multi-shot spam, then use Fevor at the end so they arent reduced to firing auto-shots when BW wears off. BM seems to be solo specc anyways, doesnt seem to like dungeons and raids very much so i can see why they dont get AoE luv.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

SV is both a PvP and PvE spec; it moved away from its PvP only status in either TBC or Wrath. In fact, no offense Xakaal, but your view on specs is a little skewed. All three specs are viable for end game PvE (I think someone posted an article about how they're more competitive than ever with each other at the moment as well), and each spec is capable of good soloing and PvP.

[/center]
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Yep, according to WHU, all three specs are about equal for endgame raiding atm, though certain specs will be at disadvantages on certain fights.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!