WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:33 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm
Posts: 3815
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Female
BM raiding is great I do it most of the time, but all these picks of high dps are from Halfus, and hes not a good way to judge dps in a raid. We have a rogue in our raid that does 15k normally but on H Halfus (10man) he can do 60k. Again not dissing BM raiding because I do it most of the time, just saying Halfus is a bad way to judge it. :mrgreen:


Edit: My main's BM world rankings not great but not many raid in BM.

_________________

Image


Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:07 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 17229
Location: Kun-Lai
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Female
Rawr wrote:
BM raiding is great I do it most of the time, but all these picks of high dps are from Halfus, and hes not a good way to judge dps in a raid. We have a rogue in our raid that does 15k normally but on H Halfus (10man) he can do 60k. Again not dissing BM raiding because I do it most of the time, just saying Halfus is a bad way to judge it. :mrgreen:


Edit: My main's BM world rankings not great but not many raid in BM.

Of course. Halfus isnt the best judge but it's still a nice sight. x3

_________________

Image
JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:12 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:23 am
Posts: 1684
Location: In a raid
Realm: Ner'zhul
Gender: Male
Hmmm what it the "top" dps for bm right now?

_________________

My Characters
Image
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:55 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 17229
Location: Kun-Lai
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Female
Kurenio wrote:
Hmmm what it the "top" dps for bm right now?

hmmm thats hard to say. I've seen some BMs go up to 20k, not on halfus.

_________________

Image
JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:58 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:56 pm
Posts: 686
Location: United Kingdom
Realm: Argent Dawn
Gender: Female with Male characters
Jessibelle wrote:
Kurenio wrote:
Hmmm what it the "top" dps for bm right now?

hmmm thats hard to say. I've seen some BMs go up to 20k, not on halfus.


http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/201 ... unter-dps/

The balance is getting better and better, but there is still a significant drop with BM in some cases. I haven't lately given a monkey's ass about the "which spec is better for raiding" though, because they're pretty much on par in the end. Play what you enjoy or what benefits your raid the most.

_________________

Image
*The Hunter * The Priest*



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:25 pm 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 113
Realm: Dath'remar
Miyon wrote:
But what if they say you HAVE to go MM, even if you lose 5k dps because you don't know the spec as good as the others?


That depends on the reason for asking. If they're missing the 10% attack power buff, it's a reasonable request. If it's just because MM is theoretically the highest dps spec, they are a poor raid leader and need to educate themselves on the current state of hunters.

Quote:
hmmm thats hard to say. I've seen some BMs go up to 20k, not on halfus.


Unless the damage meter was faulty, I did 23k in Baradin Hold last night (16k from the hunter, 7k from the pet). Heroic gear with a couple of epics.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:49 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 17229
Location: Kun-Lai
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Female
7seti wrote:
Miyon wrote:
But what if they say you HAVE to go MM, even if you lose 5k dps because you don't know the spec as good as the others?


That depends on the reason for asking. If they're missing the 10% attack power buff, it's a reasonable request. If it's just because MM is theoretically the highest dps spec, they are a poor raid leader and need to educate themselves on the current state of hunters.

Quote:
hmmm thats hard to say. I've seen some BMs go up to 20k, not on halfus.


Unless the damage meter was faulty, I did 23k in Baradin Hold last night (16k from the hunter, 7k from the pet). Heroic gear with a couple of epics.

How do you determine that? The hunters total DPS is actually them plus the pet? Or does recount combine them?

_________________

Image
JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:58 pm 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 113
Realm: Dath'remar
Jessibelle wrote:
How do you determine that? The hunters total DPS is actually them plus the pet? Or does recount combine them?


Recount normally combines pet damage with their owners, but there is a setting to display them separately. If your pet's name isn't on the damage meter, his damage is being combined with yours.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:03 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:23 am
Posts: 1684
Location: In a raid
Realm: Ner'zhul
Gender: Male
Hmm well I've pulled 26k dps at my max. I'm not full 359 yet, and I don't have 4 piece tier.

So I guess I have proved the hunter unions completely wrong... yet again...

_________________

My Characters
Image
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:09 am 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:56 pm
Posts: 686
Location: United Kingdom
Realm: Argent Dawn
Gender: Female with Male characters
Parses don't lie Kurenio, so that's not really proving WHO of anything. :P They don't judge the sample from only one hunter, but the average (or median) from over 8000 logs.

_________________

Image
*The Hunter * The Priest*



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:31 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:23 am
Posts: 1684
Location: In a raid
Realm: Ner'zhul
Gender: Male
erwil wrote:
Parses don't lie Kurenio, so that's not really proving WHO of anything. :P They don't judge the sample from only one hunter, but the average (or median) from over 8000 logs.


Well I guess I'm far above average of a hunter then >.<

_________________

My Characters
Image
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:13 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 17229
Location: Kun-Lai
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Female
Kurenio wrote:
erwil wrote:
Parses don't lie Kurenio, so that's not really proving WHO of anything. :P They don't judge the sample from only one hunter, but the average (or median) from over 8000 logs.


Well I guess I'm far above average of a hunter then >.<

Pretty much. Every hunter is different. :)

_________________

Image
JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:40 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:56 pm
Posts: 686
Location: United Kingdom
Realm: Argent Dawn
Gender: Female with Male characters
Jessibelle wrote:
Kurenio wrote:
erwil wrote:
Parses don't lie Kurenio, so that's not really proving WHO of anything. :P They don't judge the sample from only one hunter, but the average (or median) from over 8000 logs.


Well I guess I'm far above average of a hunter then >.<

Pretty much. Every hunter is different. :)


*nod nod* I'm personally pretty decent at BM, but I can't quite pull the same numbers with it as Surv or MM. :3

_________________

Image
*The Hunter * The Priest*



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:11 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 17229
Location: Kun-Lai
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Female
See, I'm the exact opposite. I can't so squat in SV/MM but as BM, I rock out loud.

_________________

Image
JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:51 am 
Offline
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 1150
Location: Not-so-sunny California
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind, Borean Tundra
Gender: Huntress
Jessibelle wrote:
See, I'm the exact opposite. I can't so squat in SV/MM but as BM, I rock out loud.

Same here. I've tried all 3 specs and had loads of fun with SV and MM thinking they were my new favorites, but then after awhile it's like... I miss Loque... :'(
and then there I go BM again.

_________________

I'm waiting for you, Eyes of the Beast!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:27 am 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:27 pm
Posts: 3031
Realm: Nagrand EU
Gender: Female
I don't grasp how those BM hunters are doing 20k sustained. I do 17k+ unbuffed on a dummy, and 22k+ in 5-mans/BH. This, mind you, is *completely* in PvP gear, with a couple blue accessories. I can't help but think that somehow, they're doing it wrong.

_________________

Visit http://www.wowpetnames.com for a WoW-themed pet name generator and name links!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:52 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:56 pm
Posts: 686
Location: United Kingdom
Realm: Argent Dawn
Gender: Female with Male characters
Acherontia wrote:
I don't grasp how those BM hunters are doing 20k sustained. I do 17k+ unbuffed on a dummy, and 22k+ in 5-mans/BH. This, mind you, is *completely* in PvP gear, with a couple blue accessories. I can't help but think that somehow, they're doing it wrong.


Very fight dependant though. Argaloth is a dps test, and there's very little movement involved (raid bosses have also got a lot more armor and resistance than 5man bosses). Then pick fights like the Conclave of wind, Al'akir, Atramedes or the Ascendant council, where there's a lot of movement involved, you'll start so see the difference between players.

_________________

Image
*The Hunter * The Priest*



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:27 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
Atramedes is a pain in the ass for BM hunters because your pet's doing NOTHING during the air phases. It's not even the movement that's the problem; it's that your pet can't reach the boss.

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:59 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:56 pm
Posts: 686
Location: United Kingdom
Realm: Argent Dawn
Gender: Female with Male characters
Kalliope wrote:
Atramedes is a pain in the ass for BM hunters because your pet's doing NOTHING during the air phases. It's not even the movement that's the problem; it's that your pet can't reach the boss.


Aye, and Al'akir's last phase is very much the same. :< Poor pets fall into the lightning cloud and there's very little you can do. Nefarian's 2nd phase's platforms have also got some kind of range problems for pets, and they often end up halfway in the lava in order for them to be able to dps the drakes down. >.>

_________________

Image
*The Hunter * The Priest*



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:01 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:27 pm
Posts: 3031
Realm: Nagrand EU
Gender: Female
Yeah, I figured maybe it was something like that--but why would people judge one spec vs another, dps-wise, if it's on gimmicky fights?

Why not just DO it on Argaloth? It seems a bit silly to try and gauge it that way, but meh, I haven't raided since WotLK >.<

_________________

Visit http://www.wowpetnames.com for a WoW-themed pet name generator and name links!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group