Mania's Arcania - Guest Post by Jessibelle: BM Raiding

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Mania's Arcania - Guest Post by Jessibelle: BM Raiding

Unread post by erwil »

Just finished up on Al'akir for this week and started wondering why Bliz could not have just let flying pets keep their wings, and not clip them? :< I don't know if it'd give some kind of unfair advantage to them on certain fights (can't think of any on the spot) though, but it would help BM hunters when it comes to said gimmicky fights like Al'akir and Atramedes.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I think the issue would be going after players/mobs who are otherwise out of reach. >_> Like Banny, etc.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

If it was only Ban'thalos I'd say that's a great reason to reinstate the flying pets--let only hunters be able to pull them down! :lol: But I'm sure there's others out there where it'd be a bad idea... and PvP balance, too. Wouldn't want that warlock who just ported up to the roof to get an Intimidation stun, would we...

or would we? :twisted:
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

I see what your did there double woulds. So I would guess the answer is we would.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Acherontia wrote:If it was only Ban'thalos I'd say that's a great reason to reinstate the flying pets--let only hunters be able to pull them down! :lol: But I'm sure there's others out there where it'd be a bad idea... and PvP balance, too. Wouldn't want that warlock who just ported up to the roof to get an Intimidation stun, would we...

or would we? :twisted:
DKs have Death Grip. Hunters should have birds of prey have a grip like that.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Actually, how freaking awesome would it be if they gave us a pet that could do that + retrieve ranged loot? >.> Maybe a ranged hit + loot bot extra family special. I know it's impossible--particularly considering Birds of Prey already have Trick--but still... It could work with Bats, Carrion Birds, Birds of Prey and maybe Nether Rays and Sporebats, perhaps Chimaeras, Wind Serpents, Wasps, Moths, Dragonhawks...

"Falconry" - Your flying pet attacks a ranged target to draw its attention, doing no damage. Will also retrieve loot from corpses. Does not work in combat. 100 yard range.

I can dream!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'm one of those people that just 'click' with BM. I've been BM since the dawn of time (that's vanilla) and have stuck with it through thick and thin.

I'm really gratified to see that I can keep up with SV and Marks hunters... and often pass them, since Marks is so bloody fussy; if you're not REALLY GOOD at buttondancing your dps will suffer markedly. People that just read 'what's hot' and spec to copy the absolute elite min-maxers just make me eyeroll... because in my experience, 99% of WoW players aren't that good and no spec is so utterly OP (at the moment anyway) to make up for less than optimal play by default. I myself know I'm not DA BEST hunter in WoW by a long shot; BM fits my style and gives me enough flexibility to do other support type things, because its rotation isn't so rigid and fixed that if I miss hitting such and such button because I'm throwing a heal from my SB or saving a healer, or CCing... well, no really big deal.

I used to sort of pooh-pooh intim since it's not a damage ability but... in these days of Cata heroic/troll pugs and Pulls That Go Horribly Wrong, I've gotten more mileage out of the Angry Brown Dog button than I have since BC. I do wish that its interrupt function would work even if a mob is immune to the CC aspect... I sort of hate that I don't have an interrupt since interrupting is often important, but eh well... it's on a long CD anyway so I'd only be able to do it once.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Sakiki
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Sakiki »

I have always Raided as a BM Hunter AOE is on the weak Side but single target is amazing. Not to mention if you bring the right pets to Raid me for example I always have Cat, Wolf, For raid buffs if we need those two provided Spirit Beast For the heal because honestly I have helped save the tanks and myself a few times with it if you macro the heal that is. and a Core Hound for hero if the raid needs hero. That and if the rotation is right and I have a I'm going to Kill this place attitude I'm typically one of the top dps and I'm NEVER left out of a Raid... Unless they need my druid heals. I Also have my SV skill but I only switch to SV if I need to Kite something or there are allot of adds I need to take down at once.

Also Its allot of fun to see pug raids go .... oh... a BM hunter and then I get to show off what BM hunters can do. just annoying when they are always asking me how I do it. Going to start charging
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I've always played MM and just kept BM as my off-spec so I can tame exotics, but it does look like I should give BM more of a try ...
Darven
Realm: Undermine - US

Unread post by Darven »

I, WANNA RAID BM ALL NIGHT... AND RAID BM ALL DAY!!!

...anyways, I love playing as BM. You do great overall in damage and for support.
BM can cover all fronts of the field.
- All by yourself questing? Bring your Silithid for a ranged root and some stamina.
- Doing a dungeon? Bring your worm for large pulls and pump out AoE damage.
- Raiding with the guild? Bring your Core Hound out for some 40% casting increase.
- Feeling like owning some Hordies/Alliance? Use your chimera for a spamable slow and AoE.

BM covers all fields, no matter what it may be...
talonkylor
Realm: Drenden

Unread post by talonkylor »

Kalliope wrote:I think the issue would be going after players/mobs who are otherwise out of reach. >_> Like Banny, etc.
Except they would have to change bany on how he is tamed because..... well His hieght is the challenge, as the other sb's are Scaling hits with our armor.