Frozen Orb Need Rolls be gone!

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Frozen Orb Need Rolls be gone!

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Quote from: Wryxian
Yeah it just takes one person to press Need after everyone's pressed Greed on the Frozen Orbs and you miss out. But the good news is that in patch 3.3.3 this won't be the case anymore -- the roll for Frozen Orbs will be an automatic Greed roll. Rejoice!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Frozen Orb Need Rolls be gone!

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've been rolling Need on Frozen Orbs since the announcement that they'd be useful again next patch, and most people have been following suit. All it takes at the beginning of a Heroic run is to say "Hey guys, I'll be rolling Need on the Frozen Orbs so you do that too."

Still, I guess this just simplifies it that much more.
Undra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Undra »

I haven't cared about orbs for so long, I haven't bothered noticing whether I'm the only one hitting greed or not. So nothing really changes.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Yeah I've seen a few people with macros to just announce that they'll be rolling Need on Orbs. Still, this is nice to just avoid ninjas :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Yah but you still get ppl that don't announce and then turn around and need after waiting for everyone to roll a greed roll.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

AdamSavage wrote:Yah but you still get ppl that don't announce and then turn around and need after waiting for everyone to roll a greed roll.
Not just that, different servers have differen't rules concerning orbs. Not everyone seems to know to roll greed or need on orbs. Sometimes we had a group discuss it before the final boss, sometimes not. On the first day when LFG changed, and I mass ran on my lock and hunter, it seemed the general census was Roll greed. No one rolled need.

No one.

The very next day, seriously, everyone was rolling need on the damn things.

So evidently there had to have been some really, really bad spurs of ninjas' and crap so I don't really see why everyone is fussing over this change on mmo >_>
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

I always do greed by habit, noone has said they're doing need so far for me... ah well. Before you know it Blizz will TELL you what is or isn't an upgrade... you'll automatically greed EVERYTHING unless their system says the item is better...

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Ryno wrote:I always do greed by habit, noone has said they're doing need so far for me... ah well. Before you know it Blizz will TELL you what is or isn't an upgrade... you'll automatically greed EVERYTHING unless their system says the item is better...
Well tbh a forced greed roll for BoE blues or blues with the orbs isn't so bad- just had a run in mara purple on my resto drood.

Ninja rolled need every time we rolled greed for blue boe items [outside the war who actually did need the necklace for some reason...].

People complain of ninjas, then when Blizz tries to fix it, people complain more, tbh it should be no different for people.

Cause mean there are people who still seem to think the orb is a greed roll and I feel bad when I do the standard need like half the group.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

The real question is why Blizzard didn't just force us all to greed roll on the orbs in the first place. There's no reason to have a differing priority system for something that anyone could technically use, even before news of the new vendor came out. It's no different than a bag of gems, y'know?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

i never meet anyone who greeded them.... always been need :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

The clash of "server cultures" over Frozen Orbs has been a bit interesting on the Cyclone battlegroup. It seems like half the servers out there had always rolled Greed on them, and the other half rolled Need. And when it came to random dungeons, the question never came up...right up until the point that someone rolled the opposite way on the orb as some people were used to.

I've just been following the majority for now - Need if the rest of the group does, Greed if the rest of the group does - but I'm glad this change sort of settles the question once and for all.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

My servers so unpredicatable on rolls that when the lfg came out for cross server, I didnt really notice much of a change for how I rolled. I always waited till almost everyone else had rolled, and then rolled based on that. So if everyone greeded, I greeded, and if someone needed, so did I. Same for blue BoE's. Though I really like the thought of automatic greed rolls for orbs.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?