Cenarion Hatchling - Help Japan!

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Cenarion Hatchling - Help Japan!

Unread post by Rawr »

I'm really glad they started doing this now, after 1st 3 or 4 weeks of it happening people tend to forget about things like this (disasters not in their country). It's really good of them to do this and they also match any donations their employees make. :mrgreen:

Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

As an owner of one of the TCG hatchlings I'm a little miffed that it's identical in all but name, but I guess if they'd put any development time into it, it probably wouldn't have been 100% donation huh.

And if you wanted to preview one in the wild, there's a next of hippo hatchlings hanging just above the Alliance town in Howling Fjord.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

To be fair, Blizzard outright said that it's a copy of the TCG hatchling.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
isyris
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by isyris »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:To be fair, Blizzard outright said that it's a copy of the TCG hatchling.
That doesn't really make it fair. :P

It's a lovely pet, and it's nice in that it really does open the door for more TCG items to be re-released for the shop (even ignoring the charity thing, which is awesome). But I can't help but feel a little frustrated. The card for my hippogryph hatchling cost me $50, and only applied to one character--this is a fifth the price, and goes to every character on the account.

I'll still likely get it, since it's for a good cause and my hippogryph rider nelf has been racechanged since then, but... eh. Miffed, I supposed, that I wasted money better spent elsewhere on an item I could have had for a fraction of the cost had I waited.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

isyris wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:To be fair, Blizzard outright said that it's a copy of the TCG hatchling.
The statement "To be fair" meaning that Blizzard isn't trying to market it as a brand new pet (like some people are trying to claim they are, although not necessarily on these forums), and that they've admitted they copied it from the TCG card.

Not to mention, you can't blame Blizzard because you chose to pay $50 for some pixels. It was their choice to offer it as the donation pet (100% donation mind you). They could have done nothing at all.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
isyris
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by isyris »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
isyris wrote:
The statement "To be fair" meaning that Blizzard isn't trying to market it as a brand new pet (like some people are trying to claim they are, although not necessarily on these forums), and that they've admitted they copied it from the TCG card.

Not to mention, you can't blame Blizzard because you chose to pay $50 for some pixels. It was their choice to offer it as the donation pet (100% donation mind you). They could have done nothing at all.
Right, no more smilies to indicate tone. Gotcha, friend.

And, as I pointed out, I was miffed with myself.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I apologize for misunderstanding your last point, but even with smilies, text is not always easy to convey tone with.

[/center]
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I'm a little surprised they used the exact same pet as the TCG pet, but that seems to be Blizzard's thing lately (Landro's Lil XT/Lil'XT, Landro's Lil' KT/Lil KT). In the end, I guess they believe if you put that much work into pixel designs, then there should be more people to enjoy it (which is probably why they rarely remove achievement mounts anymore XD)

But, long story short.

Glad that this is 100% profits, you really can't go wrong with that. And I'm glad its the little Hatchling, I've been buying TCG booster packs since they very first came out, and despite how much I've spent I've only found one mount/minipet loot card. I <3 my hatchling.

Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

OMG those countless threads on Battle.net forums were not useless.
But...other countries need charity more than Japan, but nobody cares. Just sayin'.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If other countries need charity, people are free to donate to them at their own will. ;)

It's honestly not Blizzard's job to cater to the world and offer us pets in the name of charity. You shouldn't have to be given a reward to want to do something good in the world, imo. :)

I think Blizzard mostly got hounded about not having a public donation because NCSoft did one.

[/center]
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

This is wonderful, my boyfriend and I will definitely purchase a couple of them, maybe more and give them to some friends as well.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I will try and get this done soon if not today. Great cause.
I believe that 50% ($5 US) goes to the Make A Wish Foundation when you buy the Moonkin hatchling.

No rush for people to get it today since it's going from now till July 31st. :D But this little one is a must have for me.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

lilatha

Realm: EU-Emerald Dream

Unread post by lilatha »

Yey for more QQ over a really nice thing Blizzard is doing to help people out in need ... ¬.¬
Who gives a poop how it looks ... 100% to chairty ... What other reason do you need? I use to donate alot to chairty with no reward for doing it atleast Blizzard are trying to get their gamers to donate and they give you something in return for doing it.
OMG its the same model as a loot card! ... Oh wait isn't there lootcare versions of store pets? Same models .. like most things in WoW ...
Sorry for the ranting I know someone will have ago at me for having a point of view as always ... no wonder I don't come here anymore much -.- (no offence Mania your forums and websites are amazing! *drools*)
I think if you can you should get one ... When my BF saw it he wanted to get me one just cas he knew it was helping people ... And he doesn't play or really like WoW or Blizzard (silly failbox gamer >.>)
And just to point it out ... They are different colors ... Its going to chairty NOT BLIZZARD ... Yes it lasts until the 31st of July but by then most if not all players will have one apart from anyone who plays after the 31st :3 I hope the mount still has some chairty theme to it like for the 'make a wish'
I wish more gmaing companies did what Blizzard did, rewarding for donating AND giving people something they have wanted for awhile since you either can't find the lootcard or it costs 100+ ...

Just stop the stupid hate and if you have one you have one your TCG will be different from the store just like all the others that Blizzard have done -.-

Again sorry for my rant and rambling but Im sick of hearing the same bullpoop each time ...
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I'm purchasing one of these for myself right now.

I have a little extra cash this month, so if you are not able to afford one of your own but you still want to help, please send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. (This offer only good until I run out of cash! ;) )

EU players: Last time I tried to purchase codes for the EU region, it all sort of blew up. I'm willing to try, but I can't promise that it will work.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Said it before, but I'll say it again: Mania, you are too nice. :D

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel

As an aside regarding the choice of the Hippogryph, I just realized as I was on the purchasing page at the Blizz Store that the Cenarion Hatchling makes a little more sense to me now. With Darkshore and Auberdine being hit by the Cataclysm pretty hard, it sort of echoes the situation. Obviously a game disaster means nothing to a real world tragedy, but the correlation is there in tone. I just hadn't thought about that aspect until just now.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Now that you mention it, I hadn't thought of it like that either. Nice detective work there Veph! ;)
It actually makes a lot of sense, really, after reading your post. :)

[/center]
Vephriel

Hee, well from the images Blizzard is using it seems like that's the idea they're putting across as well, I just hadn't clued into it until I was on that page for some reason. Night Elves have always had an asian flair to their architecture and culture as well, so it's a nice gesture to make that link. Even though one race is fictional, it's a show of support for shared grief and standing strong over the paired circumstances.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Lilatha,
I am not trying to "have a go at you" but just wanted to clarify that the reason I had put the July 31st date was simply FYI information for those who may not be able to get one right now or even in the next two weeks. For some, it's not that they don't want to donate it's simply that they may not have the means to donate. :)

Big :hug: 's and <3 to
Mania for offering to help out those who may not be able to.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

zedxrgal wrote:Lilatha,
I am not trying to "have a go at you" but just wanted to clarify that the reason I had put the July 31st date was simply FYI information for those who may not be able to get one right now or even in the next two weeks. For some, it's not that they don't want to donate it's simply that they may not have the means to donate. :)

Big :hug: 's and <3 to
Mania for offering to help out those who may not be able to.
I don't think Lilatha's post was directed at you so much as it was directed at people complaining about the pet being reused. :)

[/center]