Cross Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon!

What do you think about this?

This is great! I'll pay, no problem!
9%
I love the idea, but paying for it since I already pay for WoW is really dumb.
91%
I hate this!
No votes

Total votes: 43

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Cross Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon!

Unread post by Rikaku »

AdamSavage wrote: EDIT: There is quite the outcry on the Battle Net forums over this.
I'm glad there is. I remember there was an outcry over something before and Blizzard changed their mind on it. I'm hoping this follows suit. It's a very bad idea and really leaves a bad taste in their players mouths =/

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Rikaku wrote:
AdamSavage wrote: EDIT: There is quite the outcry on the Battle Net forums over this.
I'm glad there is. I remember there was an outcry over something before and Blizzard changed their mind on it. I'm hoping this follows suit. It's a very bad idea and really leaves a bad taste in their players mouths =/
As someone said in the MMO Champ forums.
This time the issue is about taking money for a service that should be part of the subscription.

Do you think we as a community have a real chance of changing Blizzards stance on this? We did with Real-ID, but this time we're attacking their profitability so it might be different.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

AdamSavage wrote:
Rikaku wrote:
As someone said in the MMO Champ forums.
This time the issue is about taking money for a service that should be part of the subscription.

Do you think we as a community have a real chance of changing Blizzards stance on this? We did with Real-ID, but this time we're attacking their profitability so it might be different.

Highlighed the part I seriously agree with.

Though, you mind linking me the thread? I want to go show my support on the real forums.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Added a poll.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

My friends on other servers are either ex-guildmates who have left my guild and server to go onto better guilds and servers (and therefore don't run dungeons just as often as I don't run dungeons), or Horde while I'm Alliance (because I don't create alliance alts that I play enough on realms that aren't Bloodscalp, there's really just no point for me)... so whether it's free or a premium service, I probably wouldn't get much use out of it.

That being said, the wording of the original Blizzard post goes both ways—it implies both that only PART of the feature will require the premium service, while at the same time implying that in order to use the feature SOME person in your desired group needs to be paying for it (whoever's doing the inviting). If the former is true, the latter can't be and vice verse. If the former is the case, I'll reserve judgement. If the latter is... may I respectfully state, [expletive] you, Activision.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

I have friends across multiple servers... and I myself like the feature. I have already spent quite a bit of money realm transfering as old friends leave and new friends come on. To me.. this feature would be nice. I would no longer have to build multiple characters across multiple servers. I would actually pay for this yes. If fact I already have by doing transfers. hehe
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Saturo wrote:I told you so!

See, this is what I said would happen when the sparklepony came out. First flavor items. Then useful stuff that you can play without. Then bad gear. Then average gear. And then gear that is better than what is otherwise available.
Bind to Battle.net Account Shirts!

I R AWESOME
Shirt
Item Lvl 9000.01
Equip: Increases all statistics by 20% and all ratings by 500.

Only $29.99 now in the Blizzard Store!

This is going to be the Wow-Killer: Blizzard's greed
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

It's not Blizz, it's Activision pushing all this bought crap.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

Hah, I've been making threads on the WoW forums during the past couple of weeks, requesting that they impliment exactly this as part of the Real-ID feature; i'm glad they came through, but i'm not nearly as impressed with the whole "potential fee(s)" that they're claiming to be associated with this. When he says "complex service to develop" i'm assuming that he means the current lack of connectivity between datacenters.. In any case, I don't think anything's set in stone just yet, and the blue only made that post so that they could gauge everybody's reactions.

Could be an additional monthly fee on top of the WoW subscription, or simply a one-time payment made available via the blizz online store. I'm really hoping it turns out to be the latter, i'm not a huge fan of recurring payments.

On the up-side, he did say: "though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service." So only a handful of people within a small circle of friends would need to pay, and then everyone would be able to group up.

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I pray they backpeddle on this 'payment' thing. :/

LisaaraPokefarm

Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Calomel »

See, this is what I said would happen when the sparklepony came out. First flavor items. Then useful stuff that you can play without. Then bad gear. Then average gear. And then gear that is better than what is otherwise available.
Another game can never kill WoW. WoW is going to kill itself. Slowly and painfully, like a lobster slowly boiling to death in a pot, unaware that the heat is rising until it's too late to scream. Seeing what's happening here, I have to agree with Saturo's 'I told you so'.

I won't be paying for this. No way in hell.

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Calomel wrote:

Another game can never kill WoW. WoW is going to kill itself. Slowly and painfully, like a lobster slowly boiling to death in a pot, unaware that the heat is rising until it's too late to scream. Seeing what's happening here, I have to agree with Saturo's 'I told you so'.

I won't be paying for this. No way in hell.
I thought you dropped a lobster in the pot as it was boiling because cooking them slowly like that causes them to release things that make the meat taste bad. IDK though. o3o

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

AdamSavage wrote: Now Saturo is gonna say " I told you so!"... Sad day..What's next with them ?
Now you know I scrolled down to find Saturo's post after this. I knew it was coming. xD

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I would be tempted to pay if they let me roll with my real id friends of the other faction... but seriously even then its just dumb.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Calomel wrote:Slowly and painfully, like a lobster slowly boiling to death in a pot, unaware that the heat is rising until it's too late to scream.
Lobsters can't scream, they don't even have vocal cords. What people think is a scream is actually the air pressure coming out of its carapace as it's heating up too fast.
ImageImage
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:
Calomel wrote:Slowly and painfully, like a lobster slowly boiling to death in a pot, unaware that the heat is rising until it's too late to scream.
Lobsters can't scream, they don't even have vocal cords. What people think is a scream is actually the air pressure coming out of its carapace as it's heating up too fast.

God, I never realised cooking lobsters sounded quite so cruel til it was explained to me rofl. It makes me glad I'm not a huge fan of seafood >__>

Anyway yeah. We all know what's gonna happen - a handful will buy the service, charge 1k gold per person to invite folks to groups. The rest of us will watch on, roll our eyes and tut "going down the drain". Haha.

Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Calomel »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:
I know, but it's interesting to imagine the WoW-lobster squealing in agony as it's boiled to death by it's own actions. I think that a WoW-lobster might have vocal cords, since it's an imaginary thing anyway. Speaking of boiled lobsters, (a little off topic here) has anyone else noticed that the crayfish/lobster in the new Seafood feast is still moving? Also, it's really cute! Minipet crayfish, yes! :D

Back on topic: New paid feature is bad!

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Calomel wrote:
Shinryu Masaki wrote:
I know, but it's interesting to imagine the WoW-lobster squealing in agony as it's boiled to death by it's own actions. I think that a WoW-lobster might have vocal cords, since it's an imaginary thing anyway. Speaking of boiled lobsters, (a little off topic here) has anyone else noticed that the crayfish/lobster in the new Seafood feast is still moving? Also, it's really cute! Minipet crayfish, yes! :D

Back on topic: New paid feature is bad!
I loved that. XD It made me giggle.

LisaaraPokefarm

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I love the idea, but paying for it since I already pay for WoW is really dumb.
This. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!