GhostCrawler on BeastMastery

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Re: GhostCrawler on BeastMastery

Unread post by Epicfail »

Yes but it shouldn't get you kicked out of pugable raids, dungeons or heroics or any slag or grief, especially if you pull your wieght. And while it still has died down, compared to what it was.

But it's so funny to see people who screeched at me to go SV are now MM and diss SV .. :|
Pugs suck. Always have. Always will. Go guild or subject yourself to a grab bag that more often than not is stacked against you.

And yes, its a bandwagon, but it followed the gear more than anything. Arp started showing up on every friggin piece of gear, so it didn't make much sense to stay surv. If someone said do X Y and Z and you'll do 10% more dps without even trying, and you really honestly want to do more dps... /shrug Not a hard decision there.

To be honest, I want BM to lead again, but part of me wants a BM only shot.. like Salt and Pepper shot... target gains "well-seasoned" debuff and becomes extra yummy to your pet doing XYZ more damage for 15 seconds... and either nerf ferocious howl or give it to all Ferocity pets dammit. I know I'm basically blaming Popeyes for making some damn tasty chicken, but they need to nerf it or share the recipe so KFC has a chance...

I'm just sayin...

::jumps back into the chicken bucket::
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Was just saying there seems to be more than enough people happy to step in and put their noses where they don't belong about hunters and being BM- than any other specc. As I said even when I was flopping and floundering on my warlock, I never experienced anything that I did on Ryai. Before and AFTER the lfg change.
To be honest, I want BM to lead again, but part of me wants a BM only shot.. like Salt and Pepper shot... target gains "well-seasoned" debuff and becomes extra yummy to your pet doing XYZ more damage for 15 seconds... and either nerf ferocious howl or give it to all Ferocity pets dammit. I know I'm basically blaming Popeyes for making some damn tasty chicken, but they need to nerf it or share the recipe so KFC has a chance...
Actually tbh that's what alot of BM hunters want- me included. SV has its own shots, MM has its own shots [Aimed can or can not be included in this] and BM only has a talent that buffs your pet talents -and- allows you to tame exotics. And since Exotics don't even have the 5% dmg that they should have been...

Frankly the BM tree needs to be reworked, if they don't want to give shiny pets to everyone, fine, keep it where we have exotics, but we do need our own shot. Maybe get rid of the mana regen talent then since for Cat we aren't going to need mana regen. Pop a BM only shot attached to FI.

Profit.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well anit BM all about pet damage and not the hunter damage?. So unless its liek a shot that would buff the pet it wouldnt fit in very well.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Perhaps they could make a shot where it's signified that your pet helps you do the damage....something like...the pet rushes in to take a big chunk out of the enemy simultaneously with your shot, allowing your bullet/arrow to go in deeper and thus having a bond between that shot and the pet.....I dunno, just brainstorming. xD

But it should definitely be a shot that requires your pet to be out/alive in order to go through. The damage is partly your bullet/arrow and partly your pet.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Like a shot that weakens the target so your pet can do extra damage to the traget for a short time or something

Sorry if my english is crap im swedish XD
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I agree that BM hunters shouldn't HAVE to dual or Respec just to even get INTO a bloody flippin' raid. And I even raid as a MM... But for me, it's fun. I love MM spec, but if I didn't like it, there's no way I'd raid as it. The point is though, a PURE dps class should have relatively equal numbers across the trees... And if not equal, close enough that no one is gunna give a turd which you bring...

I don't want BM in the lead either, that would only bring about the eventual re-nerf of them. Like I said, we should be equal, just each having it's own little perks/ advantages the other trees don't.

I also like the idea of a BM shot, personally though, I think a more powerful Sting would be neat, or even altering AotB to increase our Ranged AP and pet's melee AP, then putting that as a talented ability, BM only, deep in the tree. Not like anyone uses the bloody aspect anyways. This way, we get an added Pet damage and Hunter damage, and the MM/SV hunters wouldn't QQ because they still have their AotDH.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I'm having trouble loading the source page for AdamSavage's last update, but you can also find it on the WoW forums themselves. Ghostcrawler has posted a total of 13 responses in the original thread and I'm not going to try reproducing them all here, but you can start with his first response and keep hitting the blue "Blizz" link on the right to move to his next response.

First reponse in this thread: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... =1&sid=1#5
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Mania wrote:I'm having trouble loading the source page for AdamSavage's last update, but you can also find it on the WoW forums themselves. Ghostcrawler has posted a total of 13 responses in the original thread and I'm not going to try reproducing them all here, but you can start with his first response and keep hitting the blue "Blizz" link on the right to move to his next response.

First reponse in this thread: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... =1&sid=1#5
Corrected. I had a codeing error in my post.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

A fair sized part of the problem is that pet's don't scale 100% as gear increases. So the hunter get's stronger, but the pet not so much so. SV and MM aren't as affected by this, not relying on their pet's as much, so the difference isn't a problem. They don't want to buff any form of passive or instant damage right now because of PvP burst, so buffing the pet, arcane shot, or serpent sting are out. So in order to buff our PvE damage, only our cast shot is getting a boost, and that isn't saying much. There is a good 500DPS targetting dummy difference between my BM and my MM, and that gap only widens in instances. I don't even want to think about how bad it'd get in raids. And that's in Ilv l232ish gear. A 9% increase in steady shot is NOT going to change that. Narrow it a bit, sure. But not fix it to an acceptable degree.

I think, ultimately, that we are going to have to wait until Cataclysm for a real fix for the problem.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:A fair sized part of the problem is that pet's don't scale 100% as gear increases. So the hunter get's stronger, but the pet not so much so. SV and MM aren't as affected by this, not relying on their pet's as much, so the difference isn't a problem. They don't want to buff any form of passive or instant damage right now because of PvP burst, so buffing the pet, arcane shot, or serpent sting are out. So in order to buff our PvE damage, only our cast shot is getting a boost, and that isn't saying much. There is a good 500DPS targetting dummy difference between my BM and my MM, and that gap only widens in instances. I don't even want to think about how bad it'd get in raids. And that's in Ilv l232ish gear. A 9% increase in steady shot is NOT going to change that. Narrow it a bit, sure. But not fix it to an acceptable degree.

I think, ultimately, that we are going to have to wait until Cataclysm for a real fix for the problem.
Agreed.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Roonok
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Roonok »

Vephriel wrote:Perhaps they could make a shot where it's signified that your pet helps you do the damage....something like...the pet rushes in to take a big chunk out of the enemy simultaneously with your shot, allowing your bullet/arrow to go in deeper and thus having a bond between that shot and the pet.....I dunno, just brainstorming. xD

But it should definitely be a shot that requires your pet to be out/alive in order to go through. The damage is partly your bullet/arrow and partly your pet.

Aye,

Blood Arrow - Your arrow lands hitting a vital spot. Your pet senses the impending kill and becomes enraged causing +10% damage for the next 8 seconds. 40 sec. recast.

A guy could hope...
Nimizar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore - US

Unread post by Nimizar »

Vephriel wrote:But it should definitely be a shot that requires your pet to be out/alive in order to go through. The damage is partly your bullet/arrow and partly your pet.
It doesn't even need to be a shot at all. It just needs to be a BM specific attack on a reasonably short cooldown that becomes part of our priority system.

Hell, while the current incarnation of Kill Command is at least better than either TBC version (which both hit like wet noodles), would anyone really miss it if it went away as a baseline ability and became a standard on-GCD talented attack for BM? You could even go back to the TBC model of it being a single-charge short duration on-crit proc, just make it hit hard enough that when it goes off we want to use it in preference to anything else (except Kill Shot).

We do need something to change up the BM rotation, but hopefully Blizz can come up with something a bit better than "push this button every time it cools down".
Roonok
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Roonok »

Nimizar wrote:
Vephriel wrote:But it should definitely be a shot that requires your pet to be out/alive in order to go through. The damage is partly your bullet/arrow and partly your pet.
It doesn't even need to be a shot at all. It just needs to be a BM specific attack on a reasonably short cooldown that becomes part of our priority system.

Hell, while the current incarnation of Kill Command is at least better than either TBC version (which both hit like wet noodles), would anyone really miss it if it went away as a baseline ability and became a standard on-GCD talented attack for BM? You could even go back to the TBC model of it being a single-charge short duration on-crit proc, just make it hit hard enough that when it goes off we want to use it in preference to anything else (except Kill Shot).

We do need something to change up the BM rotation, but hopefully Blizz can come up with something a bit better than "push this button every time it cools down".
Aye,

I hate to say it, but kill command was so all over the place in the past I have a hard time remembering to use it these days... When I do I don't truly notice much of a change if at all at times...