Ghostcrawler on Spirit Beasts & Pet Choice

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Re: Ghostcrawler on Spirit Beasts & Pet Choice

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

I think people think of hunters as being stupid more often then other classes because there are so MANY hunters around. It's a fun class to play, fairly easy to level with too. You have your own built in tank, right? You'd think warlocks'd be up there too. The other half of that equation, beast master, comes partially from vanilla, when our thirty one point talent was spirit bond, and from TBC, when we were the one button wonder class, where all you had to do was hit steady shot. God I hated that time for BM, but because of that, even stupid people could do good DPS. Because, you know, all you had to do was hit one button.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Warlock pet management is a little different, and you're still wearing cloth. Hunters still have the ease of starting combat, then autoshotting their way to victory while their pet mauls stuff. (That's more of a generalization for leveling/soloing as opposed to raiding, but yeah.)

But yeah, Palla's summed up the basics of BM simplicity. Also, hunters tend to get into trouble simply because they're a pet class. Other pet classes can get into trouble too, but warlocks can dodge some of it with imp invulnerability, DKs don't always have a pet, etc. etc.

Also, having so many different trackings available can really make a hunter lazy/dependent. And if it's your first class, it's hard to break that kind of habit.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

*Chuckles* I have a warlock at eighty as well. And an unholy death knight. Working on a mage at the moment. If it can have a permanent pet, I am interested. *laughs*

I think one thing that helps warlocks be exempt is that you don't have a ton of pet choice. If you're demonology, felguard. Affliction, felhunter. Destruction, imp. Each of these in their roles will do what they are supposed to do, and a goodly to large portion of two of those will come from DoTs. Demonology won't be seen by quite as bad because, frankly, the felguard is a beast.

Now, to be fair, and kind of honest, the players I get angry at the most are the ones playing classes or specs that I KNOW can do amazing, and yet they still manage to suck, and hard. I wince every time I join a group as anything but my hunter, and a hunter is in the group. Why? Because most likely, they are going to be bad. That being said, we aren't ALL horrible, and that is really the crux of it. I just wish people would be more willing to get to know individual players, instead of stereotyping based on class or spec.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:*Chuckles* I have a warlock at eighty as well. And an unholy death knight. Working on a mage at the moment. If it can have a permanent pet, I am interested. *laughs*

I think one thing that helps warlocks be exempt is that you don't have a ton of pet choice. If you're demonology, felguard. Affliction, felhunter. Destruction, imp. Each of these in their roles will do what they are supposed to do, and a goodly to large portion of two of those will come from DoTs. Demonology won't be seen by quite as bad because, frankly, the felguard is a beast.
I'm quirky that way. I love and adore my felhound, ever since I got the felpup at 30ish on Zeldei, I just adore it. The way it swims, how it bounces, I just go eee and want to huggle and snuggle it..

Then ofc I remember Zeldei is supposed to be this evil macho beast of a warlock and he's a man.

He doesn't snuggle his Felpup.

but I do.

in my mind.

._.

It for some reason cut this out but- Blizz did hint at warlocks getting other demons too for Cata didn't they?
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

They vaguely hinted at it, Ryai. Like they have hinted at holy paladins getting new healing spells.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

well that would be nice, new demons i mean.