Ghostcrawler on Spirit Beasts & Pet Choice

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Ghostcrawler on Spirit Beasts & Pet Choice

Unread post by Ryai »

Kalliope wrote:Err, Ryai, your results may vary, depending on your server/battlegroup. I've seen VoAs with SEVEN PALADINS....and then I've seen some with zero.

We won't go into my guild. Six or seven raiding hunters. Thank god our raid leader rotates us...
Yeah I know but I mean in general there's usually atleast one feral, and it's usually a tank. Meaning if they have it they most likely have the imp bleed talent as it is. I didn't mean to be that condesending but to put a near useless talent on a TANKING pet?

Wtf?

that's nothing compared to ally BG. I've seen an AV once where like 25/30 players were paladins ... ._. it was lolstorm everywhere
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Make those multiboxing pallies and we've got ourselves a deal.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

It really depends on the raid/day/server/battlegroup, but yeah, getting back to the point....

The mangle buff is usually covered, be there a feral druid or otherwise. There is NO REASON to stick it on a BM-ONLY TENACITY pet. Good idea, questionable implementation.

Now say that that talent went into a cat pet's cunning tree....

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Kalliope wrote:It really depends on the raid/day/server/battlegroup, but yeah, getting back to the point....

The mangle buff is usually covered, be there a feral druid or otherwise. There is NO REASON to stick it on a BM-ONLY TENACITY pet. Good idea, questionable implementation.

Now say that that talent went into a cat pet's cunning tree....
For some reason that made me think; Wasp used Sting on Rogue! It's super effective! Rogue gained Bleed! All pets in a 50 yard radius aggro on Rogue! ... It's super effective!.

I giggled.

If they do that maybe they could finally fix Rhino's, make their Stampede impale the target, maybe pierce the armor/reduce hit/stun the target or do XX dmg to unstunable targets like the frost mage's talent.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

I seriously have to wonder how they look at stampede at the moment and go "Yep, that family skill is just fine the way it is."

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Shlongg
Realm: vashj

Unread post by Shlongg »

Seriously I don't see what the Problem is? I have a Wolf for raiding, a Spider And cat For PvP,
A Bear for tanking when I solo Dungeons, And A spirit Beast for showing off?
They All have a purpose and when i'm just farming or messing around I mix it up
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Shlongg wrote:Seriously I don't see what the Problem is? I have a Wolf for raiding, a Spider And cat For PvP,
Look not to be rude or anything but if you can't see the problem after a few pages of it, after a few months of it, after several flailing and failed attempts of Devs to fix the problem, then I don't think we can really spell it out for you what the problem is since you seem to have the standard pets, IE wolf for raiding, Spider for PVP, Bear for tanking and a SB just for a show off.
Kalliope

Ryai wrote:
Shlongg wrote:Seriously I don't see what the Problem is? I have a Wolf for raiding, a Spider And cat For PvP,
Look not to be rude or anything but if you can't see the problem after a few pages of it, after a few months of it, after several flailing and failed attempts of Devs to fix the problem, then I don't think we can really spell it out for you what the problem is since you seem to have the standard pets, IE wolf for raiding, Spider for PVP, Bear for tanking and a SB just for a show off.
Yeah, pretty much.

If you're happy with the standard pets, fine. We've explained why we're dissatisfied with the standards. :)

*facepalms a bit at another cat being used for PvP*

A single post from a guy named Shlongg? Smells like a troll to me.

YouTube Edition

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I don't agree the Spirt Beast shouldn't do a little more damage the rest of the pets. People have camped out for days to get them and for what ? Show and tell ? It should be for looks and it should do more damage because it's a rare pet that's very hard to find.
Kalliope

The min-maxers would have fits if they had to do that.

YouTube Edition

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Kalliope wrote:The min-maxers would have fits if they had to do that.
I think Adam means do more dps than cats but less than devilsaurs so they're a respectable pet but they aren't the useless laughing stock that garners so much hatred and spite from others.

Edit: Well they'll still garner hatred. idk why. Sure I get jealous of other hunters taming so quickly or easily, a spirit beast I aimed for. Or a specific rare [Krush or Aotona] but would I go out of my way to be an ass? No I always pet the pet, no matter the side, or cheer the hunter or whisper congrats.

but that's just me it seems >.>
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

They actually do more than a cat... At least with my current build and gear...

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Kalliope

Ryai wrote:
I think Adam means do more dps than cats but less than devilsaurs so they're a respectable pet but they aren't the useless laughing stock that garners so much hatred and spite from others.
I don't think they're useless. Spirit beasts are still up there.

It was BM in general that was mocked in endgame, but it got buffed.

The hatred and spite comes from other places. >_<

YouTube Edition

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Kalliope wrote:
Ryai wrote:
I don't think they're useless. Spirit beasts are still up there.

No I know that- but alot of other people don't that's part of the problem.
Kalliope

Ryai wrote:
Kalliope wrote:I don't think they're useless. Spirit beasts are still up there.

No I know that- but alot of other people don't that's part of the problem.
They're a few patches behind and should be ignored then. :)

YouTube Edition

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

We aren't quite up to SV, but the numbers are closer now. It annoys me that we got buffed in such a boring way, but I'll take any help I can get, really. Part of the problem is, BM's are typically seen as being huntards on sight. And I hate that word, so hard. Huntard. Whoever thought that up should have been kicked right in his jibbilies.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:We aren't quite up to SV, but the numbers are closer now. It annoys me that we got buffed in such a boring way, but I'll take any help I can get, really. Part of the problem is, BM's are typically seen as being huntards on sight. And I hate that word, so hard. Huntard. Whoever thought that up should have been kicked right in his jibbilies.
Actually tbh I hated the word at first.

But now I use it- on HunTARDS. note the tard.

IE; MM hunter. With cat. Obviously doesn't know wtf she/he is doing, obviously is rolling the stupid way of word of mouth and I know my class better than you and you're a no lifer cause you have 5 hunters on one server amigawd u must have no 80!!!

Lets ignore the fact Coal was toting 4 BoA treasures at the time...

Now this idiot didn't deserve to be called a Hunter. But a Huntard. Why?

She was wearing cloth.

She was defending wearing cloth, because of Careful Aim. Caterwalling about how imba RAP she/he got because of all the intel.

But then I use Loldins, Warturds, faildroods and etc etc whenever I met an idiot of that specific class. I'm not meaning to insult the class, just the player, of that class.

Besides it was funny to see a Druid use it on a Fail nelf hunter who was trying to not only bash other hunters, but evidently at the time a hunter, who had worse gear than him, pulling off far superior DPS that both sides were amazed from.

He usually appeared with a LOL NIGHT ELF HUNTARD.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

And that perception that beast master = "huntard" may be the biggest hurdle that we, as a historically underperforming spec, have to face.

It's quite possible that, in Cataclysm, all 3 hunter trees will do approximately the same DPS. But I'm willing to bet that, because the habit of looking down on beast masters as somehow inferior got started in vanilla, it will still hang around for a very long time, even in Cataclysm, if we ever get rid of it at all.

Perception can be an even more difficult bugaboo to slay than Arthas is.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Kalliope

I think a lot of the bad press BM gets would go away if BM got its own unique shot. Something that would require a little more thought and would afford some mobility. Pet micromanagement is less of a problem than it used to be, so it's not like BM hunters need to focus exclusively on that, y'know?

I don't mind the term huntard being thrown around, as long as it's on someone who truly deserves the label. People who casually say "I can bring my huntard" or who refer to hunters blanketly as "huntards" drive me batty. And assuming a hunter is a huntard because they're specced BM is just plain stupid.

YouTube Edition

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

While in top of the top it appears BM is lacking still (BARELY) After plugging my gear in FD.com a few days ago, it showed my personal Best DPS as My BM spec with a Devilsaur. This was 7.6k Dps in a full-decked (All buffs/debuffs) 25 man group, and it showed My MM spec with wolf, which is specced for HM/glyphed, at a 7.25k in the same raid 'enviroment'.

What I'm trying to say is: MILEAGE MAY VARY... It really depends on gear, spec, and talent. I really haven't gotten to much grief for going BM with Ictus, but when I do, I just send people to my Char. Sheet, and tell 'em to plug it into FD.com, then stfu.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael