Cataclysm Class Information Coming!

Saturo

Re: Cataclysm Class Information Coming!

Unread post by Saturo »

I really doubt we're getting healing hunters. Pet-tanking however sounds a bit more likely. But still very unlikely.

I just don't believe your source.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

That's just...mind boggling..
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

I'm going to adopt a wait and see attitude. On the one hand, that does sound like something Blizzard would do, adjusting every class so that they can fulfill two roles instead of one. That being said, with us using focus as our new system, I don't see it being likely. I can see potentially having BM double as a tanking tree, but as I said, let's see how the previews go tomorrow. Warlocks are up on the first day, so that should clue us in on whether or not this is a reality.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Gods, I hope not. My raid already has four tanks, and I don't want to be forced to spec Marks in order to remain viable as a DPSer.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Dweezill wrote:Ireserve the right to have a sourse be wrong.
Heh! I'll have to remember that one. ;)
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

We should probably let Boub know about it too....*Laughs* I am sure he'd love that disclaimer.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Warlocks are losing the old soul shard system ((Thank you, dear god.)) and gaining a system similar to Death knights runes. You'll use a soul shard to empower your next spell or ability, to make it stronger. Summoning will no longer take soul shards. We may be getting new demons.
Tbh I never found the current system that bad. IF BLIZZARD HAD JUST MADE SHARDS STACK.

NERDROIDRAGE

anyways in all seriousness- I kinda doubt this information about Warlocks, Rogues and BM hunters until I hear it. And as it has been said I don't want to be a 'tanking class' unless it's alot like Feral Drood [aka DPS and Tanking in same tree] so i have the option to be DPS or to be a tank for 5 mans.

The other thing I find hard believing about BM tanking? Is how ... hard it would be. The micromanagement of the pet would be astranomical as you'd not be able to just let a pet spank and tank for every fight, especially not when some fights require you to keep moving IE Keri from Nexus is the first to come to mind. The other thing is, Growl and pet TPS. Even without growl my pets can tank bosses to an extent. but the fact is people can quickly overgear your pet so any pet tanking goes out the window if your pet TPS isn't able to make up for people overgearing. IE; I'm having to face smash on Caim to keep threat off people in ICC gear. Especially hunters who decide they won't waste 1 sec to throw MD upon me.

So unless I see some viable posts and not word of mouth; I'm taking it like I took it from the guy wailing about how his best friend told him Loque'nahak was being made to imba dps.

With some salt.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

It's possible for pets to tank. However, the problem is just as you stated, players quickly overgear pet's, and pet's, at the moment, don't scale 100%. Even if ((and when)) they do, pet's won't be dealing the kind of damage or threat that'll be able to keep up with players. Pet's also just don't have enough abilities to allow them to, unless you just have a group of people who are willing to work with it. I haven't tried it in Wrath, but in Vanilla and TBC it was a fairly popular past time of mine.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Ooh1 Locks!

*Reads*

Oh-kay...

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Mania wrote:And Priest is finally up: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 2151&sid=1
That just went up.. Do you have it on twitter ?
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

No, I'm just watching my RSS reader while I work on this damned PHP project. (Have I ever mentioned that I hate PHP? Not as much as Perl, of course ...)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Hmm... I'm not so sure about "Life Grip"... Ah well...

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Ooo, life grip sounds hilarious. I'm SO gonna love that.

Also, mind spike... it sounds like a brain freeze...

"BEWARE EVIL DOERS! I HAVE THE SAME POWER AS EATING FROZEN TREATS TOO FAST!! FLEE IN HORROR AT THE FURY I MAY UNLEASH ON YOUR SOUL!!"

Will so be my macro.

The huntress
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by The huntress »

Ugh I forgot we are going up to lvl 85 man I hate that, so I assume all the gear I am working for right now is all going to be trash when this comes out and I will have to regear all over again :( Man I wish they would stop doing this.

Tasêr

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Oooooooo I can't wait... I'm all needles and pins.. Come on....One more day.. I will hold off on my judgement till the info is leaked

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

The warrior changes are up. Nothing exciting, but I am sort of confused. Right now, Whirlwind is one of the two attacks that my fury warrior regularly does. Well that's being nerfed, but I didn't see anything to take it's place. Except forsome wonky 'Sunder armor now does 50% weapon damage' for fury. Just weird.

Not that warriors really need a lot of help. I am, however, extremely pissed that heric leap ((Which was a fury specific talent back in Wrath beta)) will be usable by every spec BUT fury. In battle stance, and with the warbringer talent in Prot. Ugh.

Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I can't wait for the valuable Hunter information tomorrow! I'm so excited! I'm an optimist. I don't like pessimests. Anyways I seriously, seriously doubt that Hunters will become a so-called "healing" class. But I don't mind the Beast Mastery tidbit. That'd be cool if we could have a true tanking pet.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »