Cataclysm Class Information Coming!

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Cataclysm Class Information Coming!

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Beginning Wednesday, April 7 we will begin releasing class previews containing an overview of some of the changes currently being planned for each of the 10 World of Warcraft classes. The type of information you can expect from these posts are a list of the new spells from 80-85, the new passive mastery bonuses for all talent trees, a brief outline of some of the talent changes we're currently planning, and in some cases new low level spells for select classes.Additionally we'll be providing more information for all classes, especially as we move into the beta phase.
The Source

Edited by Mania to make info more prominent: Hunters will be posted Friday, April 9th.
Saturo

Re: Cataclysm Class Information Coming!

Unread post by Saturo »

Still no news on the gnoam huntars...

:cry:

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I apologize for editing your post. AdamSavage, but I wanted to get the date right up there in the first post. Here's the full schedule from the WoW forums:

Shaman - April 7
Priest - April 7
Warlock - April 7

Warrior - April 8
Death Knight - April 8
Rogue - April 8

Hunter - April 9
Druid - April 9
Mage - April 9

Paladin - April 16*
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Whoo! Druid and hunter are on the ninth! Awesome.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Why... such a gap for Pally information?

I haz bad feeling.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

The paladin is still deep in development. Instead of giving a preview that would be potentially less comprehensive than the other classes we made the decision to post it when it's ready, in order to properly honor the paladin class and those that play them. The wait isn't too long however as we're expecting to be able to post it on April 16.
I don't know if this is good or bad for you, Ryai.

But there is one sentence in this post that caught my eye:
Additionally we'll be providing more information for all classes, especially as we move into the beta phase.
Doesn't that mean they are ready to leave alpha phase? I guess those who predicted the release for november could be right.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

So one of my big classes on the first day, one of my two major classes on the nineth.....and then the other on the 16th?! GAH!!!

That being said, I think that aside from hunters, paladins are getting a pretty major overhaul. I don't think protection and retribution are being ENTIRELY reworked, but I think they are being looked at heavily. Holy, on the other hand, is pretty much being entirely redone. They want all healers to be more or less equal, and right now holy ain't that. Holy has the best single target healing capabilities ((And dual target, if you want me to be technical)) which makes us the only niche healers at the moment. Blizzard doesn't like the term 'niche' anymore, for a couple of reasons. Not the least of which is that it means that we are only good at one thing, and as a by product that sort of guarentees's us raid spots. *Wrinkles his nose* "Look! I can holy light! All damn day!" is not a fun mechanic.

I expect retribution will see a rework of it's system to make it a bit more challenging to play. If I had to make a guess, I'd say they are going to make paladin's 'synch' more. Right now you can pretty much just hammer whatever's up, whenever it's up, and do well, and lemme tell you, while it makes the numbers fly, it's kind of boring. If I had to guess? I'd say we may see a minor re-application of the old strike system. Not like it was back in beta, but something along the lines of "When you 'crusader strike' with 'judgement of light' on the target, deal additional holy damage and heal yourself/the party for X health." Or something along those lines But that's just my guess.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

My Hunter and druids are my lv 80's at the moment with a lv 60 resto shammy working her way up the lv's atm. I am interested in what changes they will be implementing to these classes. The only thing I know for sure is that hunters are loosing the mana and going with something more like focus...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

That would be correct, Makoes. All we have are little snippets, like our shots will cost between 30 and 50 focus, and that steady shot might affect focus regen. Nothing really major aside from the focus change itself.

Warlocks are losing the old soul shard system ((Thank you, dear god.)) and gaining a system similar to Death knights runes. You'll use a soul shard to empower your next spell or ability, to make it stronger. Summoning will no longer take soul shards. We may be getting new demons.

Those are all the major changes I can think of at the moment. By the way, did anyone else catch the explosion of tears over the dispel changes? I didn't think they were that major, but holy crap.....people just went to pieces over that.

And shamans just lost the ability to cleanse the ENTIRE group of poisons...REPEATEDLY, by dropping one totem. I'd call that balance, since literally NOT ONE ELSE can do anything like that. All the rest of us have to at least just do one person at a time.

Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

cant wait for hunter :D

wanna see more of the focus mechanic !!!!!

well i quited my paladin dont plan on starting him again

conclusion

9 APRIL im taking a glass champagne and drink it while celebrating some good (hopefully) hunterestic news

hope you join me then ^^
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I'll have half a glass. Since April 05 my two main classes have always been my hunter and my paladin. Which means I get an entire week to chew my nails and wonder what they are going to do to me.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

We will, Sphax...

We will...

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Saturo, out of curiousity, how many weapon hard points do you have on that Thorax??

*Coughs* And the almighty Sati has spoken! Come this Friday, we all dine in Petopia!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I have'nt had that cruiser for a whiloe now. Rats blew it up. It was actually my salvageboat, so I got it 4 turretpoints.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Most of my drone boats only have turret hard points. Makes me miss my missles. *Laughs* But in exchange, I get 'pets'! Who are usually far more effective then me. Hrm.....

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Mania wrote:I apologize for editing your post. AdamSavage, but I wanted to get the date right up there in the first post. Here's the full schedule from the WoW forums:

Shaman - April 7
Priest - April 7
Warlock - April 7

Warrior - April 8
Death Knight - April 8
Rogue - April 8

Hunter - April 9
Druid - April 9
Mage - April 9

Paladin - April 16*
I'll forgive you this time. 8-) :lol:
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

From the little tidbits I'm hearing here and there about Cataclysm, it's almost as if we're going to be playing a whole new game. Can't say I'm too upset about that, I think it's about time Blizz brushed some of the dust off and polished WoW up a bit.

I just really don't want everything to be homogenized. I can see how it'd be both a blessing and a curse, though. Players could be taken to raids no matter what class they are, but then in the long run are we going to end up with healer=healer=healer, no matter what class you are? I like having certain niches, it makes things a little more interesting. I like that you want to have a nice balance of resto druids, paladins, priests, etc., without them all performing the exact same way. It will be interesting to see what happens, to say the least.

I really can't wait to see what new beasts will be tameable! *fidget* I'm sure that information is a long way off, though. :(

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Niche is kind of a dirty word in WoW now, though. I don't really want niche, but I do want different. I don't want for a rogue to feel like playing a warrior, or for a paladin to heal exactly like a priest. It'd be nice if they made everyone more or less equally good at what they do, without totally sacrificing that flavor.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I like the approach they showed with dispels -- several areas of functionality, and each dispelling class gets a distribution of those but not all of them.

Of course, I don't play a dispelling class, so I may be way off in reality. But the approach felt like a solid way to spread the love (and make the mechanics more understandable) without excessive homogenization.
Dweezill
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Dweezill »

Well,I have had a (reliable) souce tell me a few things about what is coming for hunters. this si the same guy who was telliong me about exotic pets and the other changes for hunters loooong before any of that kind of info was released. how he knew/figured it out. I have no idea, but he was scary accurate. what he has told me so far is, no class will be a "pure" class. each will be able to do more than dps. Lock will be able to pet tank with felguards. rogues will be able to "avoidance" tank...and hunters will have one of two things happen. first, he said Survival will become a healing spec for hunters. the other possibility is, BM will become like Feral druid..... dps and/or tanking. he has been telling me about the Bm change for quite some time and thinks it will most likely happen. from what he is saying, hunters will become their pet and, dep[ending on what type of pet and how it is specced, you will be able to dps or tank. Once again, he was dead-on accurate about all the wrath stuff loooong in advance. And don;t take this as an absolute happening. this is just a sourse has told me. Ireserve the right to have a sourse be wrong. lol Anyway, it does give us something to think about and speculate on. i think it would be kinda nice to have more than one role..... but not too sure on how I feel about the changes given above.