Cataclysm Class Preview: Hunter

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Hunter

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Yea, we'll be very similar to rogues with bows. Not guns. Guns are to loud. They suck.

*Coughs* Done with that.

Honestly, this means I don't have to spend any amount of time with my DPS halved just to get mana back. I run dry faster then anyone else in the group. Passive mana regen is nice, sure, but we're talking about a longer period of time with our damage halved. Infinite resource's rock.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

i cant remember if i had already replied on this topic or not but i believe that the predatory effects would be very nice now get me a mail helm that looks like a preadator helm and a ranged weapon that looks like those razor things they throw like frizbees but back on topic i believe that the pet selection should be

Human - Wolf - Gryphon(if possible i think it should be a tamable creature come cata)

Dwarf - Polar Bear - Snow Vulture

Night Elf - Cat - Owl

Draenei - Ravager - Owl

Worgen - Black Worg( being near the border of Silverpine Forest it makes sense they would be available when the gates were opened) - ???

Orc - Scorpid - ???

Undead - Undead Wolf - Bat

Tauren - Plainstrider - Swoop

Troll - Raptor - ???

Blood Elf - Cat - Dragonhawk

Goblin - Turtle - ???

at lvl 10 currently you must tame two types of creatures one on ground and one in the air i believe a ground pet should be the main pet for all races but with an option to switch between a flying one as an active pet utilizing the new stable pet system.( some flying pets idk about)

also i think that beast mastery should get a greater buff remove the aspect of the beast and make it a more appealing aspect like the dragonhawk and add more melee attacks, i play a tauren and i dont like to see a big piece of meat run around without smacking people with a giant axe or polearm and i find myself in bad situations when i get stuned dueling paladins and rogues and i believe that you should have a melee solution and the traps work as a come over here and step on it solution not as a get up in your face and beat the living snot out of you solution.

i believe that beast mastery was intended to increase your melee attacks as well as your ranged attacks if they can turn blood spec dks from dps spec to a tanking spec they can move the melee moves from survival to beast mastery and give us our own bm only melee move, that there ends the rant i also believe it would be interesting to see a tanking spec for a hunter and to be able to use all three pets at once or atliest with a cooldown move shammys get to use three wolves at a time for a limited time a three mage, army of the dead, 3 ghost wolf or equivelenet move would be nice unleash all of your stabled pets at once and after the effect ends they run back to the stables it would be a neat idea.
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:Yea, we'll be very similar to rogues with bows. Not guns. Guns are to loud. They suck.

*Coughs* Done with that.

Honestly, this means I don't have to spend any amount of time with my DPS halved just to get mana back. I run dry faster then anyone else in the group. Passive mana regen is nice, sure, but we're talking about a longer period of time with our damage halved. Infinite resource's rock.

Mana = Bane of everyone's existance. Too many times have I died because my freaking mana bar was empty. :[
And I've never liked guns, either. Too noisy and I'm more "woodland elf -prances-" because I've always liked bows better. cx

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

Hello my name is Sochi and I am addicted to all things archery. And that, of course, translates into the game world. My hunters love their bows. Sure, I'll pick up a gun every now and then, but after a while I miss the twang of bowstring and the hiss of the arrow's flight. Blizz did do a marvelous job with the detail of sound here.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

What? are you kidding me? bows are a bit on the side of weak and whimsy but guns have that bang that gives you a sense that your not firing weak old wooden arrows but real bullets and the bang alerts everyone around you to the firing of your glorious gun, I carry a very very big gun about as big as my wolf and it feels good to fire off rounds and rounds of the stuff i enjoy it so much that i bought a 28 slot ammo pouch(which will be pointless come cata) and i stack 28k of bullets all the time so that i can proudly say

"I Out-Dps The US Army!" :headbang: and most of the bows ive used in the past were too slow for my taste and also guns give you responsibility because if your in a group with your gun out and they dont hear the gunfire they may complain that your not doing your share of the damage and that is my essay on why guns are better.
Bear with me i only got a C in english
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
krinnick
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Elune

Unread post by krinnick »

Um I have already tamed every beast ingame, every rare in existence, only pet I haven't tamed is the one spawned up in 1k needles via horde quest. I have a parked alt hunter with 5 Arcturis's, Would be funny if he ever got an achievement for that, but I would enjoy having a least 20 pet storage and a 3 pets in the hand so to speak. I'm getting bored in a way every week i tame and lvl up a new bastie to
experiment" Atm I'm seeing the overall quality of bears in the terms of are they the best tenacity pet available? I have a small alt hunter "lvl 30" and it seems his swipe ability is very good for low lvl chars, he holds decent aggro on multiple mobs for his lvl and abilities. Been trying to see what BC heroics are soloable this week but seems not that well, but the lvl 70 regular instances are no problem. Alot of people say Bm hunters are dead for raiding, Not true, especially for chaotic fights. I use my Bm spec for putricide and sindegrosa and I fall in the #1 dmg slot but for the LK I fall into the #4 slot since I cannot maintain dps in the stage 1 part over 10k dps I seem to average about 7k overall. When my guild killed Lk I was using a wolf, I enjoy it for fights when I want the little boost from his ap buff when my pet and I are attacking different things but overall for single target stuff I use King Krush. I have a major complaint about cunning pets, they don"t stack up for a dps slot and seem to be weak for a defensive slot. Now if the aoe from a sporebat did higher aoe damage............. I tried him with my MM spec with a sporebat, not to shabby, but for BM even though I love sporebats they are somewhat fail. ./cry And my worst gripe is that hunter grp buffs get overridden by other classes!!!
Dweezill
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Dweezill »

Don't know if anybody has seen this yet, but it looks like a few new beasts and skins for cata has leaked out.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/cata ... ha-198562/

The new sepent look is kinda insteresting, as well as the turtles. I kinda hope the snails are tamable. I really like the black and green crocolisk skin. Since I have the slime and hydra on my main already, i may have top get that skin on an alt. looks like some cool stuff may be coming our way. just hope these things end up being tamable.
Dweezill
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Dweezill »

Oh yeah, the new look for crabs is pretty cool. May have to pick out one of those too. lol
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

We've got a new-pet-model-specific thread going over this-a-way: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 79&start=0
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

The eels, crabs, crocolisk, hippocamp and snails are awesome! Green snail FTW. That will undoubtedly be a 'sloth' pet. :lol: If that's tamable (I'm fairly certain it won't be) wonder what it's attack would be.

Edit: Another thing I noticed by looking at the new North Barrens poor Snort may no longer be around after Cat comes. The separation is very close to his spawn points. :? <--worried look

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

zedxrgal wrote:Green snail FTW. That will undoubtedly be a 'sloth' pet. :lol: If that's tamable (I'm fairly certain it won't be) wonder what it's attack would be.
Perhaps like this?

[Slime]
Increases the chance that your enemy's next three attacks will miss by 25%.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Or perhaps something that would stick enemies in place for a bit and/or slow them down. xD
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Ohohoh!
[Blinding Slime]
Blinds the enemy, causing it to wander harmlessly for two seconds.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Saturo wrote:Ohohoh!
[Blinding Slime]
Blinds the enemy, causing it to wander harmlessly for two seconds.
Now that's what I'm talkin about!!

I'll so totally tame one.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Fael »

From this image it seems like the level 1 race appropriate pet for Worgen is the mastiff right now: http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9798/worgenhunter.jpg

Hmm and this link (http://wowneg.net/index.php?option=com_ ... rt=50#3311 very image and spoiler heavy) states the following:

Alliance:
Night Elf - Cat
Human - Wolf
Dwarf - Bear
Draenei - Moth
Worgen - Mastiff

Horde:
Orc - Boar
Troll - Raptor
Blood Elf - Dragonhawk
Goblin - Crab
Tauren - Plainstrider
Forsaken - Bat
Last edited by Fael on Mon May 24, 2010 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Hmm.. so many things will change, but not all what we expected to change.

My biggest question is still the fate of engineering. With ammo removed, it eliminates one of the huge bonuses that engineering held for me (I make quite a bit selling bullets now). So the question is, will engineering provide a hunter-viable buff that will be worth keeping it? The crafted guns and bows are not likely going to be BiS or even near-BiS, but rather just starter-epics, and the current haste-enchant is a waste for us. So the questions are, how good will the crafted weapons be, and will the buff be hunter viable?

The mastiff certainly looks interesting, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it change.

I'm hoping there is more of an equailizing of pet dps, as well as scaling.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Given that in Cataclysm, Haste will help us regen Focus faster...that engineering glove enchant might become really, really useful for a quick boost to regen whenever an engineering hunter wants it, so long as the effect is off cooldown. At the moment, the glove-rockets give me a free shot for when I'm moving, but come Cataclysm, I may go back to Haste, given what we've been told it'll do.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Unread post by kairii »

i dont know if this has been asked already but most pages are blocked at college >.>
how many stable slots do we get 3 active i knwo that much
then is it like 5 stored or is it more?

(yus nub question but imma nub :D)

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I don't think anybody knows yet, Kai.

Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

i hope for 150 or unlimmited like pet/mount collection

Gotta tame em all !!!! WoWemon