Mists of Pandaria, Gist of it *06/02/12 4:28pm*

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/22/11 5:00pm*

Unread post by AdamSavage »

The April fools joke could of been them testing the waters to see how the public would respond to the idea.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'd encourage everyone to give the expansion a chance at the least, even if they're not quite feeling it right now. :)

I really think it'll be fantastic, and I feel this way due to the passion I witnessed from the whole creative team at the con panels. I don't think I can properly relay the intense enthusiasm that you could see from everyone working on this project. The artists have outdone themselves. Not only have they fleshed out the Pandaren culture and style, but even the in game models and landscapes have simply amazing technological advancements. This expansion is going to look beautiful. Paired with the entire history they've built for this race, the other races, and the whole story in general...it's really something amazing.

The love and dedication that the art team has poured into this is phenomenal, it really drew me in and made me see how much fun they're having building this, and the care they've shown in every small detail. This isn't just some half-hearted undertaking. They care about this deeply, and that will show through their work.

Anyways, I know the theme may not be to everyone's taste, but there's going to be much more to it than meets the eye, and I'm really excited to experience all of it for myself.
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

It show cases all that Blizzard continue to do wrong!

LK instances where a joke, far too easy. Three new ones were added and oh how people wiped.
Cata dungeons, @ day one where as promised a new refreshing difficulty. They get nerfed into oblivion ala LK.
ZG/ZA - again, wonderfully setup to be a challenge, only for them to be nerfed because it everyone complained it was too long/hard !

Heroics - a 10 min dungeon where you say boo to the mobs and they fall over and give credits for raid gear!! Yet now, people are getting challenge dungeons?? Am I really the only one that feels the irony is just sickening? Maybe one day, just before they close the servers, they'll to revert to how it was.....a fun game that required you to 'play your toon' and not just bat you eyelids at a boss and have it fall over.

Why do I want minipet combat?? So, something akin to pit fighting is now being incorporated into a game? Oh how twisted a society we have become when we can hide this under the name of a 'game'!

Then we have the loot, the other reason everything above gets made easy. 90 cap, so I guess we will be seeing vids of soloing deathwing soon, this time by a Monk!?! At least he can use the line ' i punched him right in the face!'.

Blizzard, you've ruined the game I once loved.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

*shrug* No one's forcing you to play or stay. :) There are still those who enjoy the game, myself included. I couldn't care less who likes or dislikes the expansion, the game as a whole, or any other aspects, but if people are against it so much I'm confused why they spend time complaining on WoW related forums instead of taking their money and freetime elsewhere.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Some of the Cata heroics were overtuned; they needed nerfing. Maybe not all of the nerfs, but some.

I personally am fine with heroics being fairly easy to do after the early weeks of the expansion's release. That's where the progression is. After that, it's old hat.

And totally agreed, Veph. If they want to rationally give feedback to Blizz, then take their money and run, that's productive, but this? Eh.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

I too was kind of annoyed over Cata dungeons getting nerfed so badly since I liked the challenge, but it wasn't really game breaking. Blizzard has a VERY tough job to do with making everyone happy: some want it difficult, some want it easy, some want it this way, some want it that. So I give them major props for giving us challenge dungeons along with normal dungeons to satisfy the crowd. MoP is shaping up to be a lovely expansion so far, and I'm actually getting pretty annoyed with all the "I'M QUITTING OVER THIS" Since Blizzard is clearly working so hard to do the game right.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

The Cata dungeons were really hard when they came out so it was inevitable that they'd get nerfed eventually. The nerfs wont take away the awesome memories I have of basically doing a 5 player raid every night for that first week ( or maybe second week, after leveling up and gearing up, its been a while lol). Wiping in Grim Batol for 3 hours was fun! That doesn't mean it has to stay at the same level of difficulty forever. Besides, it makes gearing up alts for raids easier and everyone should be able to see most content at some point or other, esp 5 player content.

Blizzard obviously didn't get to where they are in the game world by being incompetent. And we're all passionate about a game we invest a lot of time in. Like I've said before, I hope I'm wrong about the new expansion. It could be that Blizz dropped the ball in their presentation, presenting all the fluff first while the meat of the expansion, the raids, more details about this "conflict" between the factions, etc, was pretty much glossed over. It just sucks cause I really wanted to be excited about it the way I was for Wrath and Cata. Idk, time will have to tell, I guess.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zuilu wrote:I too was kind of annoyed over Cata dungeons getting nerfed so badly since I liked the challenge, but it wasn't really game breaking. Blizzard has a VERY tough job to do with making everyone happy: some want it difficult, some want it easy, some want it this way, some want it that. So I give them major props for giving us challenge dungeons along with normal dungeons to satisfy the crowd. MoP is shaping up to be a lovely expansion so far, and I'm actually getting pretty annoyed with all the "I'M QUITTING OVER THIS" Since Blizzard is clearly working so hard to do the game right.
Definitely agree with you Zuilu. :3 I'm definitely ecstatic about all the new changes.

The dungeon nerfs didn't surprise me. I approved them because....well....people I ended up grouped with were a french fry short of a happy meal usually.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

All in all I think I am looking forward to this expansion. I want to play kung fu panda xD
I love some of the hunter changes, and I am excited to see how the talents turn out. I will probably still disengage as soon as something gets in my face, but at least I won't lose any dps that way. And they better not ruin bm and make non bm able to tame bm pets. Panda! *squee*
And ohmigod, we can chose the talent trees for our pets! How I've been looking forward to that. :D

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/28/11 3:48am*

Unread post by Derax »

Updated now with info from the Developer Q/A.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)

Nordur
Realm: Elune, Runetotem

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *11/11/11 3:48pm*

Unread post by Nordur »

When I first saw this was the new expansion that had been announced, I thought it was a joke. I mean, it was featured at blizzcon, and it's nowhere near April, but I'm still pretty convinced this is some kind of prank. I'm fine with the whole kung-fu panda thing, but it's like they're running out of Ideas. Cata was a step in the right direction, being not completely from a warcraft game and still containing that WoW flavor, but something about Mists just feels wrong to me. What with the complete overhaul of the talent system, and changes to just about everything... Does anyone know who the Big Bad of this expansion even is? all the cited conflicts in the notes seem like they would only affect pandaria, nothing that would threaten the entire world like Deathwing or Arthas. Just my two cents, but I'm personally hoping this is some kind of elaborate practical joke.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Nordur wrote:When I first saw this was the new expansion that had been announced, I thought it was a joke. I mean, it was featured at blizzcon, and it's nowhere near April, but I'm still pretty convinced this is some kind of prank. I'm fine with the whole kung-fu panda thing, but it's like they're running out of Ideas. Cata was a step in the right direction, being not completely from a warcraft game and still containing that WoW flavor, but something about Mists just feels wrong to me. What with the complete overhaul of the talent system, and changes to just about everything... Does anyone know who the Big Bad of this expansion even is? all the cited conflicts in the notes seem like they would only affect pandaria, nothing that would threaten the entire world like Deathwing or Arthas. Just my two cents, but I'm personally hoping this is some kind of elaborate practical joke.
Who needs "Big-Bads"? I'm personally sick of them. This is World of Warcraft, not World of Spyro, we don't always need Gnasty Gnorc sticking around.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Gist of it *11/11/11 3:48pm*

Unread post by Derax »

Just to let you know, I pretty much changed the topic from "List of it all" to "Gist of it". As this is a complete expansion and not just a patch its pretty much going to be impossible for me to list everything that changes for all the classes and so on.

I will however keep all the hunter and pet changes updated best I can and in detail. I am waiting until it gets closer to start listing most the stuff since its pretty much going to change.

All the other stuff like pet battles, New zones, New class etc.. I will try and keep a general gist of it updated.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nordur wrote:When I first saw this was the new expansion that had been announced, I thought it was a joke. I mean, it was featured at blizzcon, and it's nowhere near April, but I'm still pretty convinced this is some kind of prank. I'm fine with the whole kung-fu panda thing, but it's like they're running out of Ideas. Cata was a step in the right direction, being not completely from a warcraft game and still containing that WoW flavor, but something about Mists just feels wrong to me. What with the complete overhaul of the talent system, and changes to just about everything... Does anyone know who the Big Bad of this expansion even is? all the cited conflicts in the notes seem like they would only affect pandaria, nothing that would threaten the entire world like Deathwing or Arthas. Just my two cents, but I'm personally hoping this is some kind of elaborate practical joke.
Just so you know...Pandarens were around and had the monk thing going LOOOOOONG before Kung-Fu Panda was a twinkle in the writers eye.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Gist of it *11/11/11 3:48pm*

Unread post by Snowwalker »

Yanno, everyone keeps whining about the new stuff. But how many times have we seen the change come, opened our eyes and said "Hmm.. That wasn't so bad..." At least give it a try.
And as for dungeons and raids, difficulty and no big bad boss... How about instead of worrying about a bunch of big stuff for the raiders, that we worry about some nice big pve story/rewards for the non raiders. Plenty of people don't/can't raid. So once they hit the end of the line.. Things can get pretty boring.
We've heard plenty from some of the people that were there first hand how the developers are pouring their heart into making this expansion. After all they did for us hunters esp. in Cata.. Shouldn't we at least give them the benefit of a doubt and try a bite before we cry "yucky!" and fling our plate away?

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Gist of it *05/08/12 6:08pm*

Unread post by Derax »

Updated once again for 15668 build. We got a cool new ability called Fetch!

Kalliope

Also noteworthy: bleed debuffs finally removed (yay rhino love!) in favor of physical damage debuffs and pets are now revived with full health instead of 15%!

Aspect of the Beast being baseline again is just icing. ;)

YouTube Edition

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Derax, I noticed on MMOchamp that all of the pets with the 30% bleed debuff (Rhino, boar, hyena) now have the 4% physical damage debuff. I didn't think I saw it in the OP, but if it's there I apologize.

Dang Kalli, you beat me to it. The AotB and Revive Pet are in the OP, but definitely noteworthy is the debuff changes.

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Kalliope

*highfives Gimlion* ;)

Anything that changes our lineup is a big deal. :) Plus, YAY, rhinos make sense! :D

YouTube Edition

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Kalliope wrote:*highfives Gimlion* ;)

Anything that changes our lineup is a big deal. :) Plus, YAY, rhinos make sense! :D
Not to mention how much more useful he'll be in EoTS for me! :lol: Dozer, my rhino, will keep his spot on my PvP team until the day that horn toss is removed, it's too much fun tossing people off in EoTS.