Mists of Pandaria, Gist of it *06/02/12 4:28pm*

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 4:53pm*

Unread post by mpd_84 »

I look forward to TANKLief. I love my tiny doom bat but I rarely get to play with him since I use my turtle to solo and my devilsaur in groups.
And my grimtotem spirit guide can be my main's solo/tank pet again!
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Sigrah wrote:More to the point, are they going to let all those people with Pandaren Monk mini pets keep them now that they are becoming a playable race and class?
Somebody actually asked that - I think one of the stream narrator people - and the answer was yes, everyone gets to keep their Pandaren Monk mini-pet.
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Hunter minimum range gone?.......... Yes!
Although..... freaking out in melee range will probably still be a habit of mine for a long time in PvP xD

...They aren't making the whole of Azeroth look all roundy like that, though, right? If they aren't then I think I may like this expansion.... although it seems a bit far fetched.

Talent system seems wonky though O.o waiting to see how *that* plays out...

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I LOVE the new concept for the talent system!

AND PETS GET TO CHOOSE THEIR TREE!!!! EEEE!!!!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/22/11 4:26am*

Unread post by Derax »

Updated everything, Took mostly from MMOchamp and some blue posts and live feeds. I will try and update stuff as I come by it but trying to keep up with blizzcon live feed is a pain.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)

Solunerra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by Solunerra »

So, this are time to push hydras on Blizz....
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

I seem to be in the minority on this forum but I'm not excited for this expansion at all. It looks so childish and way too cartoony for me. And I can't believe Blizz would make an entire exansion about a single race. That's a load of BS, IMO. And of all races for World of WARcraft it had to be a freaking panda bear?? I'm just not buying cute fat cuddly pandas as badass ass kickers at all.

And there being no central villain, no theme, no conflict is so lame. It's a total cop out for Bliz to say the conflict is between the Alliance and Horde! Yeah, no s*!t. It's like they had no good ideas so decided to turn WoW into World of Cuddlecraft with their fat beer guzzling teddy bears. Hopefully new information that's released will make me change my mind but what I've seen so far, I don't like at all. I'm very dissapointed :evil: .
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Sesamee wrote:I seem to be in the minority on this forum but I'm not excited for this expansion at all. It looks so childish and way too cartoony for me. And I can't believe Blizz would make an entire exansion about a single race. That's a load of BS, IMO. And of all races for World of WARcraft it had to be a freaking panda bear?? I'm just not buying cute fat cuddly pandas as badass ass kickers at all.

And there being no central villain, no theme, no conflict is so lame. It's a total cop out for Bliz to say the conflict is between the Alliance and Horde! Yeah, no s*!t. It's like they had no good ideas so decided to turn WoW into World of Cuddlecraft with their fat beer guzzling teddy bears. Hopefully new information that's released will make me change my mind but what I've seen so far, I don't like at all. I'm very dissapointed :evil: .
This. For me.

Some of it is very cool like new talenting etc but pandas .................... yeah I'm kinda sorta thinking .................. it's turning into a childish expansion. This is not Kung Foo Panda!!!! :evil: This is World of WARCRAFT! This may be the only thing that keeps me from obtaining the new expansion.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/22/11 5:00pm*

Unread post by Derax »

Well that was a worthless Q&A.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Derax wrote:Well that was a worthless Q&A.
Blizcon is largely overrated anyway. ;)
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

zedxrgal wrote: Some of it is very cool like new talenting etc but pandas .................... yeah I'm kinda sorta thinking .................. it's turning into a childish expansion. This is not Kung Foo Panda!!!! :evil: This is World of WARCRAFT! This may be the only thing that keeps me from obtaining the new expansion. [/color]
Meh, I know many adults who absolutely love Kung Fu Panda, and really, it's not just a children's movie anyways. Besides, what's so childish about a panda? Nothing but ourselves (as in the human race, and not even all of them) has said Pandas are childish. Pandas are, and have been a sacred creature highly exalted among the Chinese, and last I checked, they aren't all kids.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm not really understanding the 'childish' angles either.

The Pandaren have been a part of Warcraft from the beginning, we were even just told that they were supposed to be the original Alliance race in Burning Crusade. Kung Fu Panda isn't exactly a completely unique and original idea. Pandas have been associated alongside martial arts and Chinese culture before, it's just a natural connection to make.

I think the WoW team is having a lot of fun bringing this race to life in game. Watching the art panel was amazing to see the creativity and love they're putting into this expansion. The Pandaren have an incredible culture with varying facets. They seem spiritual, knowledgeable, diligent, elusive, peaceful. I see both wisdom and levity, severity and charm. Sure there's a whimsical side, but look at other races in game. Dwarves have the jolly, beer-loving aspects. Gnomes are silly and cartoonish. Goblins have that comedic unpredictable engineer side as well. Why are the Pandaren different? We also have bipedal cows and wolves as races, so the animalistic detail isn't strange either.

One of Warcraft's charms has always been the lighthearted side they have along with the serious. I think the Pandaren fit in perfectly, and this expansion is a refreshing change of pace in between the heavier world conflicts.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Vephriel wrote:I'm not really understanding the 'childish' angles either.

The Pandaren have been a part of Warcraft from the beginning, we were even just told that they were supposed to be the original Alliance race in Burning Crusade. Kung Fu Panda isn't exactly a completely unique and original idea. Pandas have been associated alongside martial arts and Chinese culture before, it's just a natural connection to make.

I think the WoW team is having a lot of fun bringing this race to life in game. Watching the art panel was amazing to see the creativity and love they're putting into this expansion. The Pandaren have an incredible culture with varying facets. They seem spiritual, knowledgeable, diligent, elusive, peaceful. I see both wisdom and levity, severity and charm. Sure there's a whimsical side, but look at other races in game. Dwarves have the jolly, beer-loving aspects. Gnomes are silly and cartoonish. Goblins have that comedic unpredictable engineer side as well. Why are the Pandaren different? We also have bipedal cows and wolves as races, so the animalistic detail isn't strange either.

One of Warcraft's charms has always been the lighthearted side they have along with the serious. I think the Pandaren fit in perfectly, and this expansion is a refreshing change of pace in between the heavier world conflicts.
This.^

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Vephriel

Paraphrasing from what I've read in some comments about the Art Panel, you can just feel the excitement and love that the design team is putting into this expansion. They're brimming with ideas, really pouring their heart and soul into their work and I think it's completely evident. Watching them speak about the model creation, the props, the textures and landscapes, all of the research and concept art...it really makes you appreciate how much they do and see how much fun they're having with this. They've latched onto the Pandaren culture and style and are really bringing it to life with amazing visuals. I'm so excited to see all of these places myself when Mists of Pandaria comes out, I'm going to enjoy this expansion. :)
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

Vephriel wrote: One of Warcraft's charms has always been the lighthearted side they have along with the serious. I think the Pandaren fit in perfectly, and this expansion is a refreshing change of pace in between the heavier world conflicts.
I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't the theme of an entire expansion. I enjoy raiding above all else in WoW and while rolling my hunter alt has made me appreciate different aspects of the game, my first love will always be the conflict side and lore behind the raids. As much as Wrath has been ridiculed it was a great expansion and The Lich King was an awesome villian. Deathwing is just beyond beyond and I can't wait to see the raids in 4.3. Going from these two amazing villians to....pandas...is just a huge let down.

Yes, WoW is a fantasy game but there are childish themes and darker more adult themes. I mean there's a reason why we're playing WoW and not Disney Universe, right? I realize the Pandaren existed way back in Warcraft lore. They should have stayed there, IMO. I don't get how Blizz could make them the center of an April Fool's joke a few years ago then turn around and seriously base an entire expansion around them. I really don't get it.
Vephriel

Blizzard has often used the 'descent into madness' trait on a major character to devolve them into a villain. A villain just for the sake of a villain is something I'd rather not see them force out every single time. What's wrong with changing things up a bit? We know there are still more baddies to come in the future, and I think having a calm before the storm that focuses on the faction conflict is a great idea before revving up for the next big hit. It's a different flavour of expansion, they don't have to follow the same pattern every time or it would get stale.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

I agree with different flavors but conflict should always be the centralized them in a game called World of WARcraft. I'm just not convinced that "the" conflict of this expansion that is between the Alliance and Horde is going to make for epic end game raids.

However, at the moment I do not ever gank lowbies, or even Alliance at my level unless they attack first or they are attacking another Horde toon, despite me being on pvp servers. But I'm telling you I'm going balls out on every single Alliance teddy bear I see, lowbies or not! That's the theme of the expansion, right, so they're fair game. :P
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

*shakes head* It beggers belief !!! I've said it before and oh I wished I was wrong, Blizzard have turned Wow into World of Kiddiecraft!!!

I bet it will be lesa than a month after release before they nerf the 'challenges' !!
Where the hell do teenage mutant ninja PANDA'S fit into WoW???????

I'm sure of one thing, GW2 is gonna clean house when it gets released!

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

SgtMakkie wrote:Where the hell do teenage mutant ninja PANDA'S fit into WoW???????
Well, there's been a quest in the Barrens since vanilla that refers to them (or at least one of them), so it's not like they've never been mentioned before.

Plus, minipet/companion.

*shrug* Much ado about nothing, IMO. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SgtMakkie wrote:*shakes head* It beggers belief !!!
If you took a minute to research it, you'd know (like most of us already did) that Pandaren have been part of WoW lore for a long time, long before Kung Fu Panda. They were originally intended as an April Fool's joke, true, but soon became so popular both with the fans and the artists that they became a proper part of lore and were first appeared in the game in Warcraft III. It was only a matter of time before they appeared in WoW (despite a certain WoW developer telling me that we'd "never see" them... liar! :D ). And they're certainly no less believable than the many other bear-people in the game that can hurl lightning bolts from their fingertips.
Last edited by Wain on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.