Developer Chat on Twitter [Updated with Info]

Saturo

Re: Developer Chat on Twitter [Updated with Info]

Unread post by Saturo »

Crusader aura is 20%, so Pallies and Unholy DKs with On a Pale Horse are as fast as the taxies.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Saturo wrote:Crusader aura is 20%, so Pallies and Unholy DKs with On a Pale Horse are as fast as the taxies.
Note- only Crusader aura works for flying mounts. On a Pale Horse does not, as I couldn't keep up while on the ground with my friends when they still only had land mounts for their toons still in hellfire- I ticketed a dev about if OaPH not working for a flying mount was intended/a glitch and they said it was intended to not work with flying mounts.

So that probably means the ret talent for faster mounts- also does not. Nor the BM talent. Meaning Crusader Aura is the only one that can/may/still apply.
Murloc Chow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US:The Scryers, EU: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Murloc Chow »

Foxes FTW

Artist: Murloc Chow, Medium: msPaint
Arkiss
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Arkiss »

And of course for those players and alts not yet level 60, taxis are still the way to get around.

And in case you should wonder, and in case you should care...on that night of all nights, we were already there.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Err.

The advantage to NOT taking taxis is so you can take the most direct route. This has less to do with the fastest mount speed possible and more to do with taking a shorter route.

That said, zones like Sholazar Basin, Storm Peaks, and Icecrown were all designed for flying mounts. I'm sure Blizzard will keep that in mind when adding new areas in Cataclysm.

Also, regarding the current 310% mounts, you are in NO WAY getting ripped off. You are getting to use a 310% speed mount NOW, before Cataclysm is released. This is months' - even years' - worth of boosted speed flight time you're getting.

Major cop-out on mooses, btw - hopefully, Blizzard will find some zone to work them into in the future.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!