Blizzards Pet Store Expands

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Re: Blizzards Pet Store Expands

Unread post by Akyo »

Ryai wrote:
Akyo wrote:Im not exited over this thing. seem like 1/3 of my realm have it, and im not gonna scrape up money for it.
Im not gonna bash anyone for buying it. its out there, rater cheap, you want it, go buy it.

However, i think its rather sad that the second most flashy mount(first beeing the phoenix) is so easy to obtain.
While the most pretty mount i own took a year of slow and lazy mount collecting to get. it doesnt sparkle, have armor, nor does it have a pretty trail behind it when flying, nor is it 310% (100 mounts collected...horde get a one much cheaper and its not even 300+ speed?! cmon blizzard) however i knew all that once i started collecting for it.

Its just that this things flashyness makes almost all of the rare/ achievemnt mounts looks like gray table scraps.
This. Just this. And not for the reason you think I'm quoting you for-

ONE: if it was a 310% mount, not only would it truly be belittling to people who have obtained one, even I would cry out foul as that is just wrong. There's nothing wrong with buying a mount that's the same as any other normal speed mount, but you're saying that just because it's bought, shiny, and puts other mounts to shame, it should be 310%? No. No. No again.

And the fact it takes away from rare/achievement mounts? LOL. I'm sorry that's the only thing I can reply with. That's like claiming the war bears take away from the blizzard bear, or the blizzard bear takes away from the polar bear, or that protos take away from drakes, who take away from netherdrakes and etc and so forth.

And sorry but there is -one- mount I think is cooler than this.

No. Two.

Invincible, the ORIGINAL flying pony I wanted for Caim.

Onyxian drake.

OH and the Azure drake. So three- no wait, and the Violet Proto. 4. And the Red proto- 5.... I could go on.

This horse takes nothing away from the, alright? Nothing.

-.-
1. you just bashed down on what is just a personal opinion, And acted like a jerk doing so.
2. i did not say that that damned pony should be 310%, but that the dragonhawk from the 100 mounts achievement should of been. whilest its not. its not even a feat of strenght also its the only dragohawk Alliance can get while horde gets two. One rather cheap.
However from what ive heard on my realm this pony does infact fly in 310% IF you already have a mount that goes in 310% I do not know if that is true or not, its just what ive heard.
3.war bears and Blizzard bears arent that easy to obtain thus doesnt overshadow eachother. same about the drakes, they match up and require hours to obtain.
Whiles this little pony imo DOES put many rare mounts in the shadows simply because it stand out as much as it does.

imo all the ingame achievable mounts, the card ones are all neat looking and equal, and they shows that you either worked hard to get it or was damned lucky.

And i was saying that this little pony is very pretty, very flashy, almost as flashy as the Phoenix that is possibly the rarest mount in game, and that it anoys me that second most flashy mount is so damned easy to obtain. while most rare mounts from cards, achievemsnts and what not is far less...."shiny" if you would.

It might not take anything out for you but it does for me.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I made a modelhack to change this ugly mount. No longer do I have to see it! Haha!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Akyo »

Saturo wrote:I made a modelhack to change this ugly mount. No longer do I have to see it! Haha!

O: what did you change it into? lol

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Akyo »

Mania wrote:
Akyo wrote:While the most pretty mount i own took a year of slow and lazy mount collecting to get. it doesnt sparkle, have armor, nor does it have a pretty trail behind it when flying, nor is it 310%
I would love to see the Red and Blue Dragonhawks from Mountain o' Mounts replaced with something a little flashier -- like maybe the blue hippogryph. I never did understand why they chose those two dragonhawks for that achievement. (I'd also love to be able to get the Blue Dragonhawk for Mania, which I can't do while she's Horde.)
i dont agree. i wouldnt be happy with just a recolor of an already well known mount as a reward.
i wouldnt say no to a blue Hippogryph though, but not from such an expensive and timeconsuming achievement.
I love my dragonhawk. I just wish it atleast was an Feat of Strenght.....and faster

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

but its a reward item I don't think it should be a Feat of Strengh i mean thats for rare and low drop rate mounts. Heck you don't even get one for the time-lost and i think you should its very hard to get.
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Akyo »

cowmuflage wrote:but its a reward item I don't think it should be a Feat of Strengh i mean thats for rare and low drop rate mounts. Heck you don't even get one for the time-lost and i think you should its very hard to get.
well that is true. i guess it just feels more like a feat of strenght for me XD because it wasent easy to obtain. But i supose your right.
I dont feel that way about the time-lost though, but yes, i see that it could easily been a feat of strenght, seeing how many players that keep an lookout in the area.

Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

Unwilling to wade through 7 pages of senseless discussions regarding the "fairness" of this mount. My comment (and my apologies if it's been said already) is that since the first preview of the horse there has been a same model type dragon shown and I can't help but think that is what the mini pet reward will be in the Collectors Edition of Cata.
OK I'm done, you may continue.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Akyo wrote:1. you just bashed down on what is just a personal opinion, And acted like a jerk doing so.
No trust me, when I'm a jerk, people know it. Harsh or brunt yes, but no I was not intending to come off as a jerk :/

2. i did not say that that damned pony should be 310%, but that the dragonhawk from the 100 mounts achievement should of been. whilest its not. its not even a feat of strenght also its the only dragohawk Alliance can get while horde gets two. One rather cheap.
Er then you should have cleared that up more. And I'm sorry- Horde gets two? Yes we get two, but the one we get from the achieve is pretty damn dull, has no shading whatso ever and is NOT red. Alliance get a BLUE dragonhawk with shading and actually looks decent. They also get a second Hippogriff.

They also get a Unicorn- that is also subsequently being retired [IE Zhevra] and I have no access to it at all on my horde alts, while all I have for them if I wanted to do such a boring grind, is gasp. Another chicken.

It's unfair no matter how you toss the coin, and trying to QQ about the unfairness when I look on the alliance side of the fence and see a mount I have always wanted, a UNICORN, denied to me because the Sunreavers wanted purple KFC.

3.war bears and Blizzard bears arent that easy to obtain thus doesnt overshadow eachother. same about the drakes, they match up and require hours to obtain.
Whiles this little pony imo DOES put many rare mounts in the shadows simply because it stand out as much as it does.
No it doesn't. Why? Because all you need to do is spend some cash and viola, shiny mount. No effort required, nothing taken away. It doesn't take away from my netherdrakes, it wouldn't take away from any of my almost obtained rare drop mounts , there is nothing unique about the horse outside of it being flashy and shiny. Would you rather have it yet another hard to obtain mount from a raid no one cba to do, having to fight 10-25 other people for it, even if it does drop? I'm sorry but I already lost the Mammoth from VoA a couple of times and it stings hard. I've never been in a successful raid for Alair, even when we were all 80 because people seemed to think that lol we do not need to have tactics.

I have AQ mounts- but wtf is the point? Useless outside of AQ. And the only one that is special is the Red now.

Could I farm for the baron's mount or the ZG tiger/raptor? Well I could but tbh I'm not interested in the raptor. Not on my pally, not on my hunter. I want the tiger- but again, low droprate and the fight is akward and I have better things to do.

And you misread, Polar bears and the brown bear would overshadow warbears and big blizzard bears- because they're basically an easy to obtain bear. Which would overshadow Armani warbears, because well hell I've only seen idk, as I said 3 lately? When pre wrath they were EVERYWHERE. Atleast 1/25 people had one.

The horse is nothing special outside of the sparkles- it's not 310%, it doesn't come with vendors. It's reportedly slower than a normal mount in a flight capable zone. Trying to say Sparkle Horse takes away from anything, is comparing Apples and Oranges.

I'm sorry but that is what it is- people would be complaining if it was a unicorn, people would be complaining if it was an alicorn [flying unicorn if I remember right] and people would be complaining if it was a normal horse with wings. People have QQ'd saying it takes away from Invincible, the Death Charger, the Phoenix, yada yada, when if this was true, WOULDN'T RETIRED ARENA MOUNTS, take away from their non arena counterparts?

Or vice versa because I like others had to grind netherwing rep? With lag? Crashes? Broken Growl issues?

No :| and people afaik had to pay to play the arena, so once again, I just find trying to say sparkle horse takes away from anything, stupid. I'm not saying you are, I am not bashing your opinion, I am just saying that, your view is just a bit skewed.

imo all the ingame achievable mounts, the card ones are all neat looking and equal, and they shows that you either worked hard to get it or was damned lucky.

[/quote]And i was saying that this little pony is very pretty, very flashy, almost as flashy as the Phoenix that is possibly the rarest mount in game, and that it anoys me that second most flashy mount is so damned easy to obtain. while most rare mounts from cards, achievemsnts and what not is far less...."shiny" if you would.[/quote]

I'm sorry that you feel that way- that shiny evidently makes it 'better'.

Tbh I would buy it if it was black, white, or blue with plaid stripes [ok no I wouldn't but I'd be tempted]. All I see- sparkle shiny horse.

Besides what is one more mount? I mean Ryai the first will probably never use it, I don't have the space in my action bars to stuff anymore mounts, vanity pets or flying mounts >_>

and I like my drakes more on her anyways.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Okay, kids, let's cool it. ;) I don't think any of us mean to get on anybody's case on this thread, and while we may not agree I think we have a basic grasp of each other's opinions. So let's move on.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Akyo wrote:
Saturo wrote:I made a modelhack to change this ugly mount. No longer do I have to see it! Haha!

O: what did you change it into? lol
Bronze Drake.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Some wowers will complain about ANYTHING. Juts wait till they use that pink hippogripth skin, think of how many gay jokes will be made.
OMG OMG OMG, That would be Sooooo FABULOUS darling!

/rummages around looking for her pink tiger print prada bag to match :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Cryptography
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dath'Remar, Cael, Moonguard, VeCo, Ness'ary (USA)

Unread post by Cryptography »

Already done. Here's one of my Deathknights on a "snowy" gryphon.
pink gryphon
pink gryphon
pinkgriff.JPG (58.42 KiB) Viewed 1168 times

I also foolishly bought the new pony and got sucked into grabbing the three digital-only minipets at the same time.
Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

can't wait till i persuade my bank that blizzard it a trustworthy company and get the horsie:)
Don't panic!
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Akyo »

ryai, i think its very hard for an war bear and blizzard bear to overshadow an amani warbear, specially if you line em all up.
Again this is just how i feel about the mounts.

"No it doesn't. Why? Because all you need to do is spend some cash and viola, shiny mount. No effort required, nothing taken away"

we have a very different view on this. i do think it takes something away. That beeing the feeling of acomplishing something to have earned sush a neat mount.

And yes i would love to have many more achievements, rep vendors and possible even more rare drop mounts. Again thats my Opinion.

But Mania asked us to calm it down so i will. We will not agree on eachothers view, so can we just agree on disagreeing?

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Does it realy matter.. Is it hurting you if someone else buys it?.. If it makes the person happy, go for it! Me; I bought it, but still prefer my Time-Lost Proto

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Akyo »

Azzrazzah wrote:Does it realy matter.. Is it hurting you if someone else buys it?.. If it makes the person happy, go for it! Me; I bought it, but still prefer my Time-Lost Proto
like i said on my first post. if you like it, go buy it. i never said it hurted me. My friends baught it, it doesnt bother me. Im not bashing anyone for buying it. Its right there and rather cheap for beeing something that all you toons will get.

i was simply trying to say i am not so happy about it beeing this flashy. And im free to feel that way if i want too right?!
I just feel like Ryai dident accept that i have other feelings about this mount, that he wouldnt allow me to have my own meaning about it, And it annoyed me greatly.

But im done on this matter. Ive said what i feel about it and im not gonna bother argueing anymore.

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Akyo wrote:
Azzrazzah wrote:Does it realy matter.. Is it hurting you if someone else buys it?.. If it makes the person happy, go for it! Me; I bought it, but still prefer my Time-Lost Proto
like i said on my first post. if you like it, go buy it. i never said it hurted me. My friends baught it, it doesnt bother me. Im not bashing anyone for buying it. Its right there and rather cheap for beeing something that all you toons will get.

i was simply trying to say i am not so happy about it beeing this flashy. And im free to feel that way if i want too right?!
I just feel like Ryai dident accept that i have other feelings about this mount, that he wouldnt allow me to have my own meaning about it, And it annoyed me greatly.

But im done on this matter. Ive said what i feel about it and im not gonna bother argueing anymore.
I understood what you meant perfectly. This mount is sparkly, flashy, upgrades with you, flies, and heck EVEN ITS ARMOR SHIMMERS (at least on my computer). Other mounts that are super-rare drops, rep-grinds, or take literally a year to get don't have quite the same sheen to them. If you're talking just simply aesthetics, this mount has a lot of bang for its buck, and I could see how one would say that's almost unfair. But, I think what Ryai and others were trying to get at is that those mounts you work so hard for maybe mean more to you in the long run, and thus aren't "overshadowed" by the welfare mount (just kidding about the "welfare" part :P). Personally, I think the pretty pony should have been a reward for the 100 mounts, and the dragonhawks buyable through the store (or something along those lines). But, oh well. I'm just glad I think it's ugly so that I don't have to justify spending twenty-five dollars on it. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Cryptography: Is that a DK power that turned your snowy gryphon pink? That's .. impressive! ;)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

@Mania: Some of the wasps there sting you, with a faerie fore like debuff, which also changes your colour. I think that's what happened to Crypt. I can remember riding around on a solidblack hawkstrider.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Oh hey, I remember those wasps now. I didn't think they did pink, but then I wouldn't have noticed it as pink on a green orc with (at the time) a brown kodo.