'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Blizzard Wants Hunter Pet Feedback

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I'm still at work and they have worldofwarcraft blocked here for some reason >.< I am so excited, But I cant post, But I dont know what I'd post anyways, I want them all ! ! !

Um ok, calming down now... Dear Santa, I would like...

The Mana wyrms from the BE starting area,
The Serpent/dragon type floating ones that fly around the nexus,
The Tripods from Zangar Marsh,
oh oh and Talbuks!

Could some one Pleaaaase post for me.... :cry:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Finally got around to adding my opinion. :)
Add my vote to the ever-growing pile for tamable Hydras and Basilisks.

Hmm, what else... I would mind being able to tame those flower-plant monsters, if only so I could call one Triffid and have it run around chasing people attempting to eat them. Make them exotic and give them some sort of poison ivy debuff as it's special.

Also, add the regular flying silithid creatures to the wasp family. The Hive'Zara Wasp in Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj is gorgeous. I want it. Whilst I'm at it, add Kodos and Clefthoofs to the Rhino familly. Clefthoofs rock and I am disappointed the option to tame one isn't there.

Oh, and some really cool, amazing looking, rare pets that are not spirit beasts. Don't get me wrong. I love my Loque'nahak and Skoll. But I'm getting a little sick of all the new, rare pets only ever being spirit beasts. Other pet families need love too.

Speaking of rare pets, how about setting up some pets that aren't rare-spawns, but have some trick to taming them. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Garwal while he was still tamable, or perhaps The Beast. A pet or two where the challenge isn't flying around a zone hopeing you get lucky, but requires that you be a skillful hunter.

That's about it from me. Thank you for giving us this opportunity. :)

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

I can't post there, no matter what I do, I get a rejected log-in or the page simply stops loading. I seriously have zero clue why it keeps rejecting my login info, yet my WoW account I have no issues logging in. I've put it down to "because it hates Firefox" and "because for some reason it hates me too"

Most wanted?
Zhevras
(Charge/Knockback?)

Stags
(Charge/Knockback?)

Rams
(Charge/Knockback?)

Giraffes
(Overpowering Stomp - would work similar to Thunderstomp but grant x amount of attack power to next attack for 10/15 seconds?)

Kodos
(Uncontrollable Rage - grants x attack power to hunter and pet for 20 seconds, slim chance of triggering off an extra 10 seconds to the ability)

Clefthoofs
(Uncontrollable Rage - grants x attack power to hunter and pet for 20 seconds, slim chance of triggering off an extra 10 seconds to the ability)

Basilisks
(Crystal Gaze - puts target to sleep/stun (randomly between the two) for 10 seconds)

Gryphons/Hippogryphs - Hey, if we can use them as mounts and they register as beasts on Beast Tracking, this should be an honest given
(Soaring Sideblind - Pet charges the target, lashing out with sharp claws, blinding target for 5 seconds and causing x bleed damage over time - possibly 10 seconds)

Hydras - I have my eyes solely on that beautiful solid red rare one
(Pitch Roar - the three heads roar as one, stunning target for 10 seconds)

Talbuks - See reasoning for Gryphon/Hippogryph
(Maybe same as Giraffes?)

Spore Walker (aka Tripods or Marsh Walkers) - I want these ABOVE all else...if only for the overly dramatic death sequence they have =D
(Overdramatic - the Spore Walker unleashes a lightning show upon the target, hitting for x amount of damage)

Drake - I doubt this will work, but it kinda would be nice and fun for Hunters to be able to "befriend" their future Drake Mount...!
(Unsure on this one too...)

Krakken - A pipe dream at best, but hey, a long-chain quest involving a tameable beast that looks like an underwater seamonster? I'M SO THERE
(Tidal Cry - The Krakken unleashes a wave of energy stunning anything and anyone in its path for 5 seconds)

Grimtotem Spirit Wolf - They said they were gonna give people more time to tame it, but went back on their promise. I want a shot, just the one, at getting a spectral wolfie...let them keep their promise this time!

Pterrordax
(Wing Slash - Pterrodax lashes out with all its claws, causing x amount of bleed damage over time)

As for the beastiary in Cataclysm:
The Spiny Raptors
The Ankylosaur-type beast on the same drawing as the spiny raptor
A Volcanoth or two, or three...
Some of those gorgeous spiny crabs
Maybe a Dodo too...?

Well, they ASKED, didn't they? XD!
Last edited by Kastarakovski on Tue May 11, 2010 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

i can repost it there for you if you like. i use firefox too, but have had no issues
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

Kayb wrote:i can repost it there for you if you like. i use firefox too, but have had no issues
That would be awesome, thank you Kayb =3
I think the site has a problem with my email address, it might be too long (d'oh!)

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

done and done :) though i logged in as Aubany instead of Kayb,
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

Chanteloup
Realm: Gnomeregan

Unread post by Chanteloup »

Re: the 'How to Tame your Dragon' sentiment that is in this thread: I'm not against it, I'm just doubtful that it will ever happen. I'm far too lazy to look up the lore right now, but I believe we (maybe just humans) made some pact with the Grand Red Queen of the Dragons that we would never let her kind be enslaved ever again. This is why I HOPE that we will never be able to tame Dragons (even though I want one).

The people in Blade's Edge Mountain who have whelp pets are bad for a reason :) ...Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should.

As far as Dragons as Mounts: I see them more as free creatures that I call for assistance when the need arises...or if i'm too lazy to walk.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

Zangor wrote:Rock Flayer
Quad Strike:The rock flayer attacks in a quick burst with its 4 claws each strike has an increased critical strike chance but also has a 25% reduction in hit chance

BREAKDOWN
1st attack=100%-normal crit chance
2nd attack=75%-reduced+25%increased crit chance
3rd attack=50%-reduced+50%increased crit chance
4th attack=25%-reduced+75%increased crit chance
just to show you what i mean heres a link to WoWiki's page on the http://www.wowwiki.com/Rock_flayer
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Kayb wrote:i hope they take on my penguin idea :D
Man, I hope we get penguins. I need to get one named Prinny or Dood. Just sayin'.

Rock flayers would be great pets, always wanted one.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Chanteloup wrote:Re: the 'How to Tame your Dragon' sentiment that is in this thread: I'm not against it, I'm just doubtful that it will ever happen. I'm far too lazy to look up the lore right now, but I believe we (maybe just humans) made some pact with the Grand Red Queen of the Dragons that we would never let her kind be enslaved ever again. This is why I HOPE that we will never be able to tame Dragons (even though I want one).

The people in Blade's Edge Mountain who have whelp pets are bad for a reason :) ...Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should.

As far as Dragons as Mounts: I see them more as free creatures that I call for assistance when the need arises...or if i'm too lazy to walk.
That's like saying all the horde are bad because of Garrosh...

There's no difference between a mount and a pet; and I have never considered taming my beasts for pets as enslavement either.

What the dragonmaw orcs did was not taming; it was enslavement and torture. First to the Reds, then to the Nether flight. So please, please don't compare hunter's act of taming to what cruelty the Dragonmaw and others have done.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Ryai wrote:There's no difference between a mount and a pet; and I have never considered taming my beasts for pets as enslavement either.
Thousand times this. Hunter pets are more like friends or companions rather than slaves. Let's compare it with the tank/healer relationship, where neither is above the other, there's just co-operation.

If you want to enslave something, Warlocks are that way >> ;)
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Totaly agreeing with Ryai about the possibility of taming Protodrakes, excuse me for using bad words here, NO WAY IN HECK would I tame a dragon of any flight.
Protodrakes go by me but...freaking I won't enjoy people walking around with Anacronos or Chromie at their side.

*disappears into the shadows*

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Sonata wrote:Totaly agreeing with Ryai about the possibility of taming Protodrakes, excuse me for using bad words here, NO WAY IN HECK would I tame a dragon of any flight.
Protodrakes go by me but...freaking I won't enjoy people walking around with Anacronos or Chromie at their side.

*disappears into the shadows*
Agreed.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Xides
Realm: Stormscale

Unread post by Xides »

Dont know if this has been sent.

Beast Master to have more than one pet. (Hey they are they are the master of Beasts over other hunter specs.)

As well as for Beast Master, if you put 5 points to give your pet an elementaly ability, then next level or two down, another 5 points and then you can have the ability so tame an elemental. (It cost alot of points, but to tame an elemental would be cool)

Xides
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Well, I finally made it home, and without a dout, all the pets i would love to tame have been mentioned many many times over. So I did not think it needed for them to be repeated again. My post however, took a strange direction in the end, but I was happy with it none the less. :)

There are many pets, but it’s the ones that you have to fight for are the ones I’d like.

Along the idea of spirit beasts, being that they are to bring back the old days of “the Hunt”, could be translated into the same idea for all hunters, not just those with a current BM spec. Don’t get me wrong, I have really enjoyed their introduction and think it rather neat that BM hunters only have the ability to control this specific type of pet.

Ideas that I thought would be a great addition would be having other rare, unique skinned spawns that are of a standard pet species, that all hunters could tame. These are not of any greater power than any other pet, just of greater prowess.

Possibly introduce tames that are more of challenge rather than, just finding the mob, ones that require extraordinary skill, timing or patience. The elements of these ideas are already in game at the moment but only found within a couple of mobs such a King Krush and The Beast etc.

Other ideas lie within older quests such as “Stave of the Ancients, were one could not obtain the Etched Rune Staff without proving your worth and performing deeds of hunter strengths. And even the old tales of timing your party to strike the drums, call upon bloodlust, summon the mob, and all within a window of a few seconds of a precious proc…. just to tame that elusive pet.

How far would you go to obtain that unique pet? Would you kite it ½ way across a continent to the only one place you could tame it? Could you time all your skills to survive the tame?

That’s the new pets that I would love to tame.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Here's what I posted on the thread:
Having all beast tamable would be amazing, plus a couple others.
I'd love to have a Slime, many with a movement slowing ability? Or, slime in the eyes, making next three attacks miss?
Basilisks would be cool, even if only to add to the Crocs.
Hydras! Big three-headed lovelies! There are so many good skins flopping around too!
Maybe some type of Dragon(kin)? I've always wanted a dragon pet!
Those demons that wander around outside Undercity. Maybe they could be converted to beasts? Some of them maybe? Would make cool Wolf skins. Oh! And the Blue Mage Hunters/Blighthounds! We would love more then just the red ones!
Mana Wyrms! They want to eat your mana! >:D
Hippogryphs! What Hunter won't want a Hippogryph? There are so many amazing skins for them out there! Mabye a Buffet type ability that knocks back and enemy, or Dazes them for a few seconds.
Stag/Ram/Talbuk/Horse family! They could have a Charge like ability.
Maybe some of those unreleased Warp Stalker skins? The Red, Green, and Blue ones?
Spore Walkers! Would make great Exotics, like the Devilsaurs!
Non-Mammal Spirit Beasts! Give us a Wasp, Wind Serpent, Raptor, Tallstrider, anything! Just some variety would be nice!

While I think Hunters being able to tame a mount would be amazing, I think it would be too difficult to let us choose anything we wanted. Maybe a specific beast to be tamed as a mount, after a long quest line? Maybe something like a Stag? A herd of them could be running rampant through Ashenvale after the Horde expands there. It could work for both Horde and Alliance. The animals could be reacting to the deforestation, and are violently attacking everyone in the area. Druids can't even get them to calm down. So, the two factions would bring in the people with the most experiance taming animals, Hunters. The Alliance wants to save as much of the herd as possible, getting them out of the line of fire, and the Horde just want to get them out of the way. Hunters walk out with a class specific mount. ;)

I like the Collar idea I read awhile back, letting us gem our pets. Would be a good alternative to putting armor on them. ;)

Oh, almost forgot! Since Cata is going to be so much about water, we need some water pets. Sharks, Whales, Fish, I'd love to have a giant shrimp/prawn pet! They would only be able to be called in the water, but they would have benefits over land pets in the water. This would work well with the planned Cata change of having three 'active' pets that a Hunter can switch through at any time.
For example, a Hunter has a Wolf and a Shark. On land, he can summon the Wolf, but not the Shark. When in the water, he can summon either the Wolf or the Shark, but the Shark moves and attacks faster then the Wolf.
But I totally forgot about the Spirit Wolf! I need to go back and make another comment... :lol:

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Tygamoon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Tygamoon »

Here is what I put up, I tried to read into the posts so I would not echo too much of that had already been put up.

First off I would love to see some pet idle animations. Sitting and/or at rest come to mind.
Pet emote animations while Eyes of the Beast is cast (dancing!). Eyes of the Beast instant cast would be great as well. Being able to renew it without breaking the affect would just be win.

Ranged pets for sure.

Any number of beasts tamable too! There are too many to list and everyone here has done a great job of doing that already. A personal request would be the blue Dragon Hawk inside the Sunwell.

Pets going on a rampage after a hunter dies would be awesome.

Healing pets noaw plz!11!!!!!

Pet tanking? I would be very interested in doing this BUT I also understand that it would be kind of difficult to put into affect and not have every other single class in game hate us for it.

While camping King Krush on my main I often wished for the Tame Beast spell to sort of 'banish' the target while in effect. The target would continue attacking the hunter but it would be immune to outside interference for the duration. Nothing is more heartbreaking in-game then having rare and difficult tames killed because someone wanted to mess with you...on more then one occasion.

Exclusive to the BM tree. Have 2 pets out at the same time. They would use the same pet bar for controlling? Maybe add a few extra slots on it for any extra abilities. I'm assuming that if it were 2 pets at the current dps scale it would be over powered so some nerfing would be in order. Kinda like the way Titans Grip is for warriors and its -hit.

Now for pet talents. I really like the idea that you could change the trees that a pet would use, once a point is set into one tree then the other trees are locked out. Another idea to use in conjunction with that is to have pets all do a base damage, to customize further you would fill into the tree to get the unique attacks you want. One, two or three tiers would have your choices and you get to pick. Once one special is picked the rest will be grayed out and be locked so moving further into a tree would be a must. Tank tree gets a snare tier and 2 tank ability tiers. The utility tree gets a snare and 2 de-buff/buff tiers. The dps tree gets a snare tier and 2 dps tiers. This way it would allow anyone to use any skin they prefer. Minmaxers can still run with the spec they want and use their beloved sporbat during a raid.

Last thing on my wish-list is for a Kill Command type ability. You activate it and all the active pets currently in your stable are summoned to attack the target for 5 seconds. Maybe be in the BM tree for that? The cooldown shouldn't be extra long because the duration would be small. A minute would be perfect in my opinion.

I like the collar idea that you tossed out Dragonpuff! The rest of you guys have posted some great ideas that I can't name right now but I sure hope a lot are added before beta comes out. I can't wait for cata!
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

I can't take the credit for that one, I read it closer to the beginning of the thread. :lol: I just wanted to bring it up again, for support.

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Tygamoon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Tygamoon »

Good idea hehe.