Blizzard Wants Hunter Pet Feedback

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Blizzard Wants Hunter Pet Feedback

Unread post by Mania »

Blizzard poster Nethaera has posted a call for hunter pet feedback:
We’re looking to get some feedback on the types of pets that hunters would like to be able to tame and the types of abilities that might be interesting for those pets to have. Is there a type of creature in the game now that you would like to be able to tame or an ability that you’ve always thought should be added? Here’s your chance to share a bit more about what you think could be great additions for the hunter class.
Edit: The EU version of this thread can be found at: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 8566&sid=1

Quick! Quick! Get over there and tell her! NOW!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Blizzard Wants Hunter Pet Feedback

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh man. O____O *runs over there*
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

Funny, it's saying I have no WoW account associated to my login. 0.0 Is this because it's the US forums and I'm in the EU?

But still, some of the suggestions I've seen already are pretty...well...silly.

Hydras/ability to mount pets would be amazing though <3

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Yup, I love that they NEVER give us EU players the chance to suggest stuff...

Someone run over there and say some kind words regarding Gnome Hunters and pets made by engineering. Please...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

EU players: If you give me a short list, I can post it for you with your name and a note that you are EU. But keep it short and definite! And no humanoids or druids or what have you.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm reading what's already been posted some are great ideas. If not already mentioned I will add being able to tame Stags and Elk and putting back elite status and the elites 'special move'. Like before taming Snort he had venom spit. After he just bites.

Found this freaking hilarious:
I have always wanted to be able to tame a gnome as a pet and have the unique ability to bite ankles as a stun effect. When Tauren Hunters are finally able to tame gnomes, I will switch to Horde and make my main a Tauren Hunter.

Ankle biter! :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

All right, first of I want gnome hunters. Second, I want engineering pets. For example the gnomish spidertank, which could be ranged with some sort of Shoot spell instead of Bite. It's special could be Rapid Fire or Short Circuit or something like that. Second, I want a robot skin (basically a mechastrider pet) for Tallstriders. Third, there are a large variety of sort-of humanoid robots (gnome built, of course /flex). Having some of those would be nice too. The large robot thingie could have like a whirlwind special, and the small could have a siren that does stuff.

And I mentioned the robots since my suggestion is mostly engineering pets.

Other neat things would be:
Mana Wyrms: Mana Burn?
Silithid Worker: Summon Minion?
Rhinos to have their knockback back.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

could somebody ask for hippogryph, fox and stags as pets for me please?

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Saturo: Done.
Nikkrosnil: Done.
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

EU players: If you give me a short list, I can post it for you with your name and a note that you are EU. But keep it short and definite! And no humanoids or druids or what have you.
What I said in my first post really. =)

Hydras and the ability to mount pets please!

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Nikkrosnil wrote:could somebody ask for hippogryph, fox and stags as pets for me please?
Done, as well as asking for Gnome hunters. Which by the way sounds fun as hell. A gnome with a fox. BRILLIANT!
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Tyuriwen: Done.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Thank you so much Mania. Even if they'll most likely disregard my wishes, knowing that they're out there feels so nice.

MANY COOKIES FOR MANIA, PEOPLE!

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

EU - Boulderfist Sphax

pet: Zevrah/Gazelle/Girafe (safari pets) :P
ability: stomp : (ground shakes immobilizaing nearby targets for 2 seconds)

or gallop : player mounts the pet (100% speed) for 15 seconds

cant post though neither on EU cause account is expired (a)
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I got you, Sphax.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Figures they'd put up an EU thread AFTER we trick Mania into posting for us...

Also:
The engineering pet thing sounds pretty awesome - even if it means converting an existing pet into a bionic version of that same pet ... with lasers.
Someone either read what I got Mania into posting, or STOLE MY IDEA! RYNO! READY THE SHOTGUNS AND THE MEKGINEER'S CHOPPER!

Mortiriel
Realm: Blackrock EU

Unread post by Mortiriel »

this is my list for the (EU-)thread. mostly gameplay related.
but I think my "every beast should be tamable" covers a bunch of new pet-familys :D

1. Every type/family of beast should be tamable. Want to run around with a stag, fox, badger, basillik or zhevra as pet? no problem.
2. Exotic pets still exist and can still be tamed only by BM-Hunters. But they are now only very rare skins within a family. e.g. Mazzranache the only pink tallstrider ingame would be an exotic pet. other tallstriders would be normal pets
3.a Every pet has access to every pet-talent-tree. But as soon as you spend the first point in a tree the other two are locked out. Want a ferocity turtle, a tenacity fox or a cunning kodo? On the other hand a 5 Ferocity, 10 Tenacity, 5 Cunning Pet wouldn't be possible.
3.b before talentpoints every pet has the same stats.
3.c Inspecting pets to see the pet-talent distribution is now possible
4. Depending on family a pet now can distribute a missing buff or debuff in the same strength as a certain class could. Missing Windfury? Theres a pet(-family) for that. Want to debuff a boss with sunder armor? Then theres a pet(-family) for that.
5. Special pet abilitys like stun, root, disarm, knockback etc which are currently pet-family-skills are now accessible within the pet-talent-trees (maybe not all, but the most fun and most useful)
6. Animated and "voiced" pet-emotes for everybody!
7. One or more pure ranged pet-familys now exist (e.g. Wind Serpent now has a ranged autoattack, or Silithids spit spines or something like that)
8. Hunters can now do a quest to tame themselves a mount

on a sidenote: this is my first post. so: Hi everybody!
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Hi, Mortiriel!
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

2. Exotic pets still exist and can still be tamed only by BM-Hunters. But they are now only very rare skins within a family. e.g. Mazzranache the only pink tallstrider ingame would be an exotic pet. other tallstriders would be normal pets

That's as laughable as;
Although the BM tree needs something to keep people using it, I agree that there shouldn't be an "exotic" category. Anything tamable should be tamable by any spec. Let BM have the extra talent points for pets or offer other incentives. But I spent a week stalking Arcturis and I never use him because I'm always MM spec. Let all hunters share the thrill of stalking rare prey.

And I'm sorry but who the heck gets the idea to turn MAZZ and as such CLUTCH MOTHER- as she's one of a kind too, into a bleeding Exotic!? This is like saying Humar, Echayekee, Frost Saber guardians [purple cats] deserve to be spirit beasts because they're special.

That's not helping, that's not helping us at all.

And ofc MM and SV QQing to have exotics even though they have nice and shiny shots BM hunters will never have...

I hope Blizz listens to smart people not the QQers tbh :/