Advertising in the Petopia Forums

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Advertising in the Petopia Forums

Unread post by Wain »

Just a heads-up that I may be testing out an ad or two on the Petopia forums in the next week or so. I'll try to keep it less intrusive. Not anything big and flashy. But feel free to give feedback, once it's introduced.

This isn't something Mania has requested, this is something I suggested to her because currently the site earns nothing and I thought it would be nice for her if some advertising helps pay its upkeep. I think that's fair.

As I have no idea how it's going to look so far and how it will be placed, I may be experimenting and you may notice it change a few times before we find something workable that isn't annoying for the community. :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
sXe Angel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Vek'Nilash (US - Ally)

Re: Advertising in the Petopia Forums

Unread post by sXe Angel »

May I suggest small banner ads at the top or bottom of the forum? As someone that's run a bunch of forums over the years, mostly for RPG's and various hobbies, I've found that small banner ads at either the top or bottom of your forum to be one of the least intrusive ways of placing ads. A few things to be on the watch for are ads with sound and the ones that like to expand and try to take over the full screen, as people tend to react negatively to those.
http://i28.tinypic.com/11szgx1.jpg
^Supports my theory that CM Punk would roll a hunter in WoW.^