WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Petopia layout changes
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:58 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 10081
Gender: Male
There have been some changes to the design of the main site. Nothing major, though:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/


The side navigation bar has been removed and instead there's a top navigation menu bar that should pop out on mouse hover. For touch screen devices you can click on the menu options instead. On smart phones there should be no side-ads but instead just a single one under the menu, to reduce page width issues.

Please let me know if you notice any problems!

Thanks :)

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:08 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
Ohh, that's a nice change!

Unfortunately, the dropdown menus are currently showing up behind the pet family icons. D: At least in Chrome.

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:16 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 10081
Gender: Male
Kalliope wrote:
Ohh, that's a nice change!

Unfortunately, the dropdown menus are currently showing up behind the pet family icons. D: At least in Chrome.

Damnit! I did check Chrome, but not in the past few days. I've mostly been working in Firefox and Safari. Thanks for the report, I'll work out what's going on.

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:19 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 10081
Gender: Male
Hmm, it's looking right for me. The menus draw over the top of the icons.

Is your version of Chrome up-to-date? And what OS? I wonder if it's a real issue that I'm just not seeing with my set-up, or if it's an issue with your browser version or maybe add-ons?

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:25 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
You were right, it was an extension! Looks perfect now! :D

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:30 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 10081
Gender: Male
Phew :)

Thanks for testing it anyway :) The risk of breaking something right at Legion launch makes me nervous, but I needed to get these changes in :)

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:33 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:53 pm
Posts: 643
Realm: Proudmoore-US
Gender: Female
The Popular pet looks page ( http://www.wow-petopia.com/browse/popular.php ) and the voting page associated with it ( http://www.wow-petopia.com/browse/popular_vote.php ) both still use the old layout. I'll be honest—never been to that part of the site before, so I don't know how popular or up-to-date it all is, but it is still linked from one of the pages that has the new layout so probably still worth mentioning, haha.

_________________

Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:39 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 10081
Gender: Male
Xella wrote:
The Popular pet looks page ( http://www.wow-petopia.com/browse/popular.php ) and the voting page associated with it ( http://www.wow-petopia.com/browse/popular_vote.php ) both still use the old layout. I'll be honest—never been to that part of the site before, so I don't know how popular or up-to-date it all is, but it is still linked from one of the pages that has the new layout so probably still worth mentioning, haha.

Ah thanks for catching those but I think they're kind of dead pages at the moment. I may look at reviving them in the future, but the vote data are currently really out of date :) Were they linked from active pages? If so I'll remove the links for now.

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:19 am 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:57 am
Posts: 6350
Location: In the bushes watching. Always watching.
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash
Gender: Female
On my android Nexus tablet no errors that I see of. Looks really good.

_________________

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
Image
My FR Lair!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:47 am 
Offline
 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
Posts: 4120
Looks great. Very sleek

_________________

Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:31 am 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 am
Posts: 2624
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)
Gender: Dood
Well look who is drunk with power and making wild changes to everything we hold dear and sacred.

Just joshing, I really like it!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:50 am 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 10081
Gender: Male
Hehe. Thanks all :)

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:16 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:53 pm
Posts: 643
Realm: Proudmoore-US
Gender: Female
Wain wrote:
Xella wrote:
The Popular pet looks page ( http://www.wow-petopia.com/browse/popular.php ) and the voting page associated with it ( http://www.wow-petopia.com/browse/popular_vote.php ) both still use the old layout. I'll be honest—never been to that part of the site before, so I don't know how popular or up-to-date it all is, but it is still linked from one of the pages that has the new layout so probably still worth mentioning, haha.

Ah thanks for catching those but I think they're kind of dead pages at the moment. I may look at reviving them in the future, but the vote data are currently really out of date :) Were they linked from active pages? If so I'll remove the links for now.

It's linked on the Special Pets page, which is on the global menu (Find Pets -> Rare & Special, http://wow-petopia.com/browse.php ); it's the last link on that page, just above the un-linked colour changing paragraph.

_________________

Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:56 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 10081
Gender: Male
Thanks for finding those! I'll remove them for now, until we can set up a fresh vote.

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group