BlizzCon competition

Tamazin
Realm: Stormrage (Alliance) Zul'jin (Horde)

Re: BlizzCon competition

Unread post by Tamazin »

Pet: Enfield

Description: Part fox, part eagle, and part wolf

the head of a fox, the forelegs, and wings of an eagle and the body of a wolf they would probably be put in the feathermane family.
They could come in: white, black, orange, brown, purple, blue, and grey.

( I'm on US\NA servers.)
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Mount: Hippocampus

Description: Sharing the same prestige as the seahorse mounts currently found in the game, these aquatic-only, merhorses are capable of handling the roughest waters with grace and ease.

Wings may be added for flight and additional mobility if Blizzard chooses. The ability to fly would require that the tails be positioned in a manner resembling a dolphin or whale rather than a fish so that the animation can function smoothly and appear more natural.

Bonus: A nautilus shell chariot could be added, permitting the rider's friend to come along for the adventure!

Coloration and patterns will mimic the various steeds and zhevra found already in the game. A special (or faster) version of the mount can tie in closer with the unicorn/saberhorn/charger models. There may even be an undead variation (as a result of Forsaken experimentation or Nazjatarian influence) lurking somewhere deep in the shadows where only the bravest of adventurers dare to wander!

Realm: US/N. America. Game time is preferred if my submission is chosen.
Last edited by Niabi on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Aw someone beat me to the hippocampus mount!
Ah well.

Mount idea: Sea Lions (merlion?)

Descriptions: Part lion and part fish, these fearsome predators are king of the seaweed jungle. Working in groups capable of great bursts of speed, these hunters can take down prey several times their size. Earning the trust of one of these powerful beasts ensures a lifetime of safe passage through dangerous waters.

They would be water based mounts. They could probably be a simple reputation reward with maybe one or two rare skins obtained through having to raise or befriend a wild version.

They could come in four colors, the first three being Golden brown, black, and white to mimic the land lions in wow. A third one, perhaps wild, would be more of a seaweed green with fins mimicking that of a real lionfish. They could come in both armored and unarmored versions and maybe even have a little sea cub companion pet to match.

Not my picture this time. probably not going to do my own drawing for this one since I cramped my hand a bit. Also its rather difficult to find proper images of this creature! >:(

(us Realms. Would prefer the blizzcon ticket mount.)
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Okay decided to do one more! This one is for the mount. I love the Sambas pet/ Guild Lion Mount model, so why not a white winged version? It'd be spiffy.

Americans / Dalaran server.

Art by me. Woo.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

My idea comes as a pair so it can be counted as one mount if that's ok? My idea is new faction mounts - both a reward for some sort of achievement possibly rep based. Both would have unique armour to those models. These are a slightly different take on the old symbols of the Alliance lion and the Horde wolf. *Note - pics drawn and coloured super quick in lunch hour sorry for roughness! also sketchpad was tiny :lol: *

Tendua, Spirit Leopard of the Alliance
Back in vanilla beta there was a leopard mount that I always wanted but it was removed so lets bring one back but with an update! Using the Pandaria tiger frame instead of the old saber cat and using aspects of the monk class tiger a new Alliance faction mount. It has striking yellow fur with glowing blue spots and paws with a blue mouth and glowing fangs. This mount can also fly.

Lomri, Spirit Fox of the Horde
Defiantly a lot more savage then the current fox mount, Lomri burns literately with the fierceness of the horde. As the horde counterpart to Tendua its paws glow with a black mist and its body is a burning red effect. It has a big frame like a wolf but still slender enough to be recognised as a fox. Its teeth glow red with a black mist that surrounds its jaw. This mount can also fly.

Server: Oceanic/US
Last edited by Castile on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wow these are all amazing! :). I’ve loved reading them and look forward to seeing more.

One thing, I got completely confused by the dates and had thought that BlizzCon was this coming weekend. Of course it’s actually the week after. As such I’ll extrnd the deadline by two days to this coming Saturday night (US Pacific time). That will give us a comfortable amount of time to decide and distribute prizes. :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WingedCaduceus
Realm: Borean Tundra

Unread post by WingedCaduceus »

I'm on US servers

Knowing that a lot of hunters tend toward pets of the fuzzy variety, I'd propose wolverines. Vicious, fierce, and best of all super fluffy. These things will attack and chase away bears with no hesitation despite being way smaller. They could use existing warpstalker skeletons. Low to the ground, with a silhouette unlike wolves, cats, or bears.

Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

Pet and Mount!

Waterhorse or Kelpie (whichever sounds better)

Looks like I wasn't the only one to think aquatic for this contest!

My idea is for a new species of horse-like creatures that are both a new tamable pet and a new type of mount.
They are horse shaped, but they have long flowing fins and can swim very fast. Their mane and tail are more of a veil of fins than hair.

I think they would have a rippling water effect on their skins!

The mount version would have water walking as well!

Wouldn't it be nice if they made an Equine family and included existing horses and saberhorns??
American/US Servers..I have a virtual ticket already but would love pets/mounts :)
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

This isn't my entry, but Vephriel's description reminded me some of a sketch from during WoD. It's like the missing link between Fey Dragons and Warp Stalkers. I lost the version where it had salamander-like frills on its head.Image

This is my entry, for hunter pet. There could be a prehistoric zone in either an island expansion or in a 'deep below' expansion (which I am hoping for). An updated version of pterosaurs that looks and moves like they probably did (or at least like vampire bats do). The Pandaria version had weird giant teeth and hook claws and massive hind legs. So it would be more like an updated Un'Goro pterosaur. Except it would have a much more interesting skeleton and animations. In the wild (or when the hunter goes afk) they would perch either like a bird or hanging like a bat (but look more like stalactites). They'd have both flying and running animations too, and could be toggled with a pet ability.
If there's functional pet abilities, then a disorientation 'fear' would match what other in-game pterosaurs do.Image

US realm
Attachments
salamander1.png
salamander1.png (397.54 KiB) Viewed 15961 times
pterosaur.png
pterosaur.png (200.69 KiB) Viewed 15961 times
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Family : Roo
Region : South Sea Isles
Family skill: Down Thunder (same as bloodlust, but when fatigued you are "bushwhacked")
or Bushwhack: Slows down target's movement speed.

These herbivorous beasts carry their young in their pouches. Some native tribes have been using the swifter bipedal roos as mounts but many cannot stand the leaping movement.

Last edited by pop on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I swear to glob, I'm loving this thread so hard.... you guys are the BEST!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Ermahgerd! I am crushin' hard over that koala bear roo right now! I'd die to have one as a pet!

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yeah so many awesome ideas!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

(I'm in the Americas) Probably way too much description for a family, but I'm terrible with art, so...

I'd love to see an Amphibian family added. This will include the frog models that currently exist, however, new additions will be surprising: Due to an island sinking during the sundering, the Marsupials that inhabited the island evolved to live underwater through the power of an Old God (AKA Similar to Naga). Thus, this brings about amphibian forms of Koalas, Kangaroos, and Sugar Gliders.

The Koalas would have developed webbed feet and hands to help them swim and breathing gills on their necks. Their new diet of seaweed and plankton has caused their noses to become bio-luminescent, to help them see underwater.

Kangaroos would have developed a fish-like tail and fins on their arms. There would be a "kill X" quest that explains that they are often mistaken for a mermaids (or naga), and as such, tend to lead to the death of many sailors, be it from them believing a person has fallen overboard and being pulled under by the Sugar Gliders, or from them attempting to make a quick escape and causing their boat to capsize.

Sugar Gliders will have evolved to have "wings" similar to a Stingray though still retain feet. They have changed from herbivore to carnivore, and follow the Kangaroos around, knowing they unintentionally bring prey into the water that they can suffocate and devour, and should the kangaroo they choose to follow not find them prey, the kangaroo becomes their prey. Their cute eyes are deceiving, as they're one of the most vicious animals you could ever encounter on Azeroth.

Due to being amphibian, they are all capable of living on land (for hunter pets, the koalas and sugar gliders have feet, whereas the kangaroo would hop on its tail), but prefer to live underwater. As hunter pets, a naga in the hunter class hall can enable/disable a water bubble surrounding amphibian pets.
Last edited by Maizou on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Separate post for mount:

I'd love to see a wing mount announced due to the old April Fools joke they did and the fact a lot of people want a simplistic mount. One that simply causes you to sprout wings that flap, and crafted by Engineers. Would be attached to a vest your character wears (part of the model), and the wings be made of what looks like a tarp, with patches in it.

Attached to the vest and wings would be a jetpack, which allows you to propel yourself forward, even when you're on the ground. (allowing it as a ground mount)

Potentially add class-specific items that allow you to modify the wings, like paladin/priest being able to get angel wings, demon hunters/warlocks demon wings, etc.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Aww I really love Pop's Roo idea! They look cute and very wow-like.

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Mount idea:
Amphibious Spider Tank. It would have three modes: land, water surface, and underwater. On land it would crawl, and look generally like gnomish spider tanks do. When getting onto water, it would function as a water walking mount, but it's legs would swing around behind it into a propeller, like an airboat that people use in swamps. It would also use this form when 'swimming' at the surface of the water. When going beneath the surface of the water, it would transform again, the propeller turning into a spiral drive, and a dome covering the operator.
A mining drill, herbing claws, and/or skinning blades could pop out of the front.

Admittedly, this particular mount is kind of overloaded. But it's a good illustration of how 'surface swimming' could be used as an alternative to having just two water-walking waterstrider mounts.

Attachments
spidertank2.png
spidertank2.png (247.79 KiB) Viewed 15961 times
Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Everyone here seems to be so focused on the potential creatures in and around Kul Tiras that they haven't stopped to think what could be in Silithus.

Pet

With the sword of Sargeras plunged into the earth and blood of Azeroth spilled onto the sands, Silithus had turned into even more of a wasteland. An inhospitable place of despair and turmoil that writhes in unceasing agony.

But some creatures had survived. Adapted. Evolved. And of these, only one has truly become a monster; a lowly spider known as Gretheer.

While seemingly unimportant to the modern scholar, Gretheer was once the subject of interest. Twelve years ago, numerous adventurers claim to have seen a lone, grey tallstrider wandering the sands, striking at its prey with a venomous bite and encasing them in webs. Some thought that it was a tallstrider raised by spiders, others believed it to be one of Mazzranache's lost offspring, and some even argued that the Titans themselves simply made some sort of categorical error (but those people are wrong and stupid and should feel ashamed of themselves). Alas, the identity of this odd tallstrider was soon revealed to be nothing more than a drab grey spider of little importance, leading many to believe C'thun was probably just screwing with everyone.

But many moons have come and gone since then. New conflicts have arisen in new lands, the most recent of which has suddenly brought Gretheer back into the limelight. She has found new sustenance in this volatile mixture of titan blood and Old God influence, and she and her brood have transformed into hideous creatures that can only be described as the very horrors of Silithus made manifest.

My fellow Petopians, I give you, the one, the only, the absolutely unthinkable...

...Spiderstrider.

Family: Spiderstrider (Exotic)
Region: Silithus
Specialization: Cunning
Diet: Meat, Bread, Cheese, Fruit, Fungus
Family Skill: Weakening Web (Slows movement speed and causes Mortal Wounds)

I wanted to go for something that takes a new twist on some familiar creatures but take the nope factor to eleven, while making something the Old Gods would be proud of. Note the proboscis and fused front limbs reminiscent of a Tallstrider's crested head and clawed wings. The model's animations would use a modified Nerubian skeleton, attacking with its proboscis and front legs and occasionally rearing up when idle.

The Spiderstrider's design was partly inspired by a prehistoric creature called Opabinia, which itself looks like something created by the Old Gods. I mean just look at it. It's simultaneously adorable and an eldritch abomination that actually existed.

I also made a googly-eyed version of the Spiderstrider. Because of course I did.

Region: Americas
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I think I'm just in time!

Mount: Void Beast
Given how likely it is that the next expansion is Void themed, and how much I love the new space-purple aesthetic of the Void, I kinda had to. So, Voidbeast! I wanted to make an effect of light-contour, like on the Lucid Nightmare or the drakes of Stormheim, but I'm afraid the blue is too dark to be really seen.
(Alone, mounted and with just the saddle)

The Void Beast would be the reward for a questline, where you have to capture and tame it, with the help of a void ethereal/void elf/Alleria/Shadow priest/(depending of expansion lore), with pursuits in the ruins of the Ethereal world who's drowning into the Void, and lot of Whispers from the Void lords and their servants that promise you that this pursuit will be the end of you. But in getting this mount, you also gain the ability to walk into Void Portals, and go into territories occupied by the Void.

Region: I'm on EU servers! And both a Blizzcon ticket or a mount are good for me. :D
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Tamazin wrote:Pet: Enfield

Description: Part fox, part eagle, and part wolf

the head of a fox, the forelegs, and wings of an eagle and the body of a wolf they would probably be put in the feathermane family.
They could come in: white, black, orange, brown, purple, blue, and grey.

( I'm on US\NA servers.)
Heh...you know, you're the first person I know who's even heard of an Enfield, other than my friend who uses one as his SCA blazon. Cool!

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415