Sorry if your board theme was reset!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Sorry if your board theme was reset!

Unread post by Wain »

If you're one of the small group of users that don't use the default theme for these forums then it's possible it was reset on you. If so, I'm sorry, you can reset it in your user control panel.

I'm testing out an upgrade to the forums using another copy of the board, but during early testing it overwrote the theme settings for the live one. Thankfully, that was all it did :)

The existing board software is many years out of date and is no longer maintained, and we need to upgrade to a new major version in order to keep up with newer web standards, security, board features etc. The underlying code for the new version is really quite different to our current one, so it requires solid testing first, to ensure we don't lose anything and the board doesn't crash. The possible bad news is that all the old themes (including this one) are going to be lost, and I'll have to do my best to recreate them. Maybe it's time for a new board theme, anyway. Some of the board extensions may also be lost, but I'm hoping I can find compatible equivalents.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Sorry if your board theme was reset!

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ooo, thanks for working on an upgrade. It did reset mine, but I bet I'm one of the few who uses the 'petopia' theme. Don't worry overly about keeping the old themes; functionality comes first, and I'd be happy with the default if there weren't other options. Hope you've been enjoying the holidays, and happy new year!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Agreed, Gorman. I think most of us would take better fuctionality and security over the old theme. Besides, a fresh coat of paint wouldn't be a bad thing :)

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year everyone :D
Razzy
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Razzy »

While I have a special place in my heart for the classic look of the forums, a bit of a facelift will be fantastic! I’d be more than willing to illustrate any graphics/logos if you’d be interested! Happy new year to all!