Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Re: **SPOILERS** Patch 3.3.2 & Lich King Video

Unread post by Gimlion »

So, was i the only one mad about Shadowmourne... When blizzard first introduced it, i'm almost certain it was supposed to be a Hunter Weapon as well... sooooo what I'm really saying is: WTF why the hell did they switch it to STR and make it a damn Warrior/Pally/DK weapon (WAS gunna be a DPS DK/Hunter weapon i THINK is what i read). Granted I could have been mistaken, but i'm not sure i would have been remembering and excited to see/hear about Shadowmourne, had that not been the case...

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

*sighs* It's a shame that Arthas' in game model was so ugly. :( I wish he looked more like he did in the Northrend loading screen.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Aye, they really could have done a lot for his face. He was never really my favourite villain, he was basically a rip off of almost every book I've read.

Srsly.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

can we please stop fantasizing about a video game character? i mean no offense but id rather listen to you talk about a real guy than a digital one ;)
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I saw the video (seems like I'll never get into ICC anyway) and my interpretation is this:

First of all, Arthas got normal eyes when he died, so whatever corrupted him went away. Maybe he wasn't so "eternal" after all. I guess, Ner'Zhul is still there, in the helmet. That is why the new Lich King got the voice when Tirion puts the helmet on his head. He's not just making himself Lich King, he is actually going to melt into whatever is in the crown.

But, when his eyes come ablaze, they are not blue! They are like fire! In my opinion, this seems some influence that the crown can't just overcome. Yes, he is the Lich King. Yes, he is possesed by whatever resides in the crown. No, he is no puppet that can be shoved around.

I guess, something will happen to Northrend for those toons that actually killed Arthas. Everyone else will see Northrend as it is right now. Start a new toon and you see Varimathras at Sylvanas side. When you have done all quests that lead to Wrathgate and you won the battle for Undercity, he'll be gone. There'll be an orc now. Maybe that's what the do to Northrend. All scourge mobs are hostile and Arthas is Lich King for those who have not defeated Arthas and then, all scourge mobs will be neutral (and can still be attacked to help others) and Bolvar is Lich King for those who killed Arthas. That would be kind of a logical way to handle it.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Actually, the orc is there even for new characters.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Spiritbinder wrote:
He was also a sexy beast.

***V Click me to see the close up ;) V***
http://valkyrhyn.deviantart.com/art/Arthas-100162739

Amen sister! :P
Holy....Paladin....
world needs more WOW badguy art...LIKE THIS.

We shall fantasize if we want!

But yeah Undercity does seem a bit...I don't know empty without Vari there to click. But you get used to it after awhile.
The most important part would what of Sylvanas and Jaina. Yay repeating stuff, but I guess only those (and there seems to be someone who cleared 10Man) who defeat him will know.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Zangor wrote:can we please stop fantasizing about a video game character? i mean no offense but id rather listen to you talk about a real guy than a digital one ;)
You're just jealous.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

can we please stop fantasizing about a video game character? i mean no offense but id rather listen to you talk about a real guy than a digital one
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well all know you have a thing for bones Zang, dont deny it, oh and digital ones at that :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

It was a good ending but I was hoping Tirion would but on the helm and battle eternal with Ner'zhul. Tirion's been through alot and I just felt that going out in that style would be the most heroic way of ending his story line.

But outta the blue pops up Bolivar (and unless the version of the trailer I saw on youtube was edit, did anyone see in a version they watched see how Bolivar got into the room with Tirion and Arthas in the first place?) and takes it from Tirion. Willingly sacrificing himself to battle Ner'zhul which probably just throws the remaining Scourge into confusion or a type of idleness because if Ner'zhul is busy fighting Bolivar he can't be giving out orders like before.

So with Tirion not taking the helm it looks like Blizz still has some other things in store for him. Probably finally taking out the Scarlet Crusade/Onslaught.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

i love terenas and how he responds to his son this part almost made me cry

Arthas: Father is it finally over?
Terenas: At long last,No king rules froever my son
Arthas I see only darkness before me...
(Arthas's eyes roll to the back of his head as terenas waves a hand over his son to close his eyes)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Still think Deathwing should fly up to ICC, slap Bolvar, and take the crown, and put it on one of his horns. I mean, noone's gonna be guarding Bolvar up there. He could just swoop in, take it, and be done.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

A dragon as Lich King? And Deathwing?
Geez, Blizz will do something like that when they plan to shut down WoW, I guess.
I shudder at the thought of so much power combined in one entity.
Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by Rethei »

I really loved the story of Arthas and his decent into becoming the Lich King all thru Warcraft 3. I think i screamed like a girl when the ending of The Frozen Throne played out. I loved the opening cinematic of Wotlk and heavily enjoyed The Lich King's role and schemes all throughout this expansion ( esp the Dk starting zone that i heavily enjoyed with my main.)

Doing the quest lines in Ice Crown was truly epic, especially when we go back into the past to witness just what Arthas did as he made his way to the Frozen Throne. Even though Illidan and Grom Hellscream are my fav lore characters, i will always love the Lich King! I am a huge Zombie dork so it is easy to see how happy i was/am with the coming of the plague in Wc3 and everything that led up to this final moment!

However with the introduction of our last major patch to include ICC and the eventual fall of the King...well i had one creeping issue and that was within HoR...when Uther the Lightbringer decided to pay us a ghostly visit and warned us how "there will always be a need for a Lich King" im sorry but i had to facepalm at that moment. Seems like someone really loved Pirates of the Caribbean:At Worlds End at Blizz, with the whole "the Dutchman must have a captain!"

It just doesn't sit well with me the closing to this tale of Arthas,Ner'zhul and the scourge.... the ending was very predictable and not satisfying for me what so ever. This is the 4th time blizz has really ruined imo great lore characters that had potential (Illidan, Vashj, Kael and now Arthas/Lich King). I know some ppl will say that it is a game and blizz can do what the want with lore...but for me as a huge fan of what they have done before and what they built up...well it leaves a sour taste in my mouth
Props to Karathyriel