Elementals and cultists are attacking Azeroth

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Elementals and cultists are attacking Azeroth

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Where can I track the achievement? I actively killed 2 rifts and was unable to kill 2 others, but was present and looted the object. Each was a different type. I'm trying to figure out what i still need. Help?
Cryptography
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dath'Remar, Cael, Moonguard, VeCo, Ness'ary (USA)

Unread post by Cryptography »

I didnt see anywhere to track the achievement - it wasnt listed in the achievements window until completed.

However, if you remember where you where when killing rifts you should be able to work out the ones you are missing. Only one type of elemental spawns in any particular zone and its always that type at each rift.

EG, I killed WATER elementals about an hour ago in Ghostlands, just by the entrance to Drak'taron keep area.

FIRE elementals are in Zul'Drak in northrend etc. Check wowhead for details.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I looted the storm peaks one and the zul drak ones. I killed the basin and agmar's hammer.
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Wait, I'm confused. I went to Org and did the quests from that guy by the bank. That line ended with (and you'll pardon my newbie hordieness) a guy (the king maybe) in a building down in that purple area on the map. Then I went outside ande did the line from the person by the farm. And then... nothing. The line just ended. I see you guys are talking about rifts and elementals, but where do I get that quest line for the achievement? I'm only lvl 75 so is it my level that isn't allowing me to find what you guys are talking about?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

For the Achievement:
There is no quest that you do to acquire this achievement.

The requirements are to destroy one of each type of Elemental Rift. In other words, four: Earth, Wind, Fire, Water. Rifts can be found all over the world. Azeroth, Outland, Northrend. They spawn roughly every 50-55 minutes, and stay up for 10 minutes. They despawn if not destroyed within 10 minutes. They do not spawn on the hour as commonly believed. It can be any time. Rifts will match the level of the zone they are in. For the achievement you do not need to destroy a rift at your level range.

To destroy a rift you must kill the Elementals around it until the rift disappears. Every elemental that dies lowers the rift's health. You cannot directly attack the rift. You will know you successfully destroyed the rift and received credit for it because you will have a elemental-specific buff afterwards. Get one of each type of the buffs (the 4 elemental types) and you will have your achievement. You do not need to have all 4 buffs on you at the same time.

This page has a nice listing of locations to find rifts:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Tripping_the_Rifts
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Just asking track elementals works on them right?
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

FuzzyDolly wrote:Wait, I'm confused. I went to Org and did the quests from that guy by the bank. That line ended with (and you'll pardon my newbie hordieness) a guy (the king maybe) in a building down in that purple area on the map. Then I went outside ande did the line from the person by the farm. And then... nothing. The line just ended. I see you guys are talking about rifts and elementals, but where do I get that quest line for the achievement? I'm only lvl 75 so is it my level that isn't allowing me to find what you guys are talking about?
Nope.

What happened is that you probably removed your costume before trying to accept the next part outside. I actually did this on one of my characters and reequipping the disguise fixed it. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Even if you do track* the achievement (well, Feat of Strength), the tracking pane only says "Kill one of each..." without showing which ones you have killed. So, tracking it is of no help, believe me.

*) By knowing the magic incantations to type into your chatbox.