All pets are on display at the new WoW Armory!

swordoath
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Re: All pets are on display at the new WoW Armory!

Unread post by swordoath »

I clicked the name and didn't get any list. This is frustrating.

EDIT: Aha, I got it. I switched my browser to the 64-bit mode and it worked. Thanks for the assist!

Credit for awesome signature to the awesome Vephriel

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

No problem! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Darkcrow
Realm: Kilrogg

Unread post by Darkcrow »

Malazee wrote:I love you. Seriously... no one else gets the reference, especially not the ones from the later books. Makes me feel so old! And can you believe that Atreides (without the funky i) was a reserved name?! Doesn't make sense to me... Idaho is also reserved, but for a different reason, I'm sure.

Siona, Miles, and Darwi are also Dune names, from the later books. Siona is from God-Emperor, Miles and Darwi are in the last two (Heretics and Chapterhouse). I'm planning on naming my Fox after Yueh ('cause he's tricky >.>) and my monkey will be Teg (Miles' last name), and as soon as Qirot becomes tameable I'll have a wasp named Chani (just sort of seemed to fit...). Usul is a good one, though... I forgot about that name entirely. I think that might make a good Shale Spider or Beetle (would go along with MuadDib the silithid, I think!) I would've used Paul and/or Jessica as well, but they're just too... normal, haha.

Naming 25 pets is so much easier when you have some sort of unifying convention with a lot of available characters ^_^
Was Siona the female descendant of the atreides line from the God Emperor's sister? I remember Miles Teg. I cant place Darwi. Is that the Huntress that was imprinted by/imprinted Duncan Idaho #XXX? Muad'Dib makes me wish we could tame some sort of rodent. THAT would fit. Jessica could also be aliased by benegesserit, witch, or did they have a last name for her ever? I know it's revealed she was a Harkonnen but im not sure they called her anything else. Ive read ALL the books so dont feel alone. House series, Jihad series, the follow-ups to heretics and chapterhouse (Hunters, Sandworms, etc). Also, I saw Dune references all over WoW so that totally fits with the fact your grabbing Qirot for Jessica (Silithid raid boss is actually named Arrakis and the zone is desert with worms and spice blows). Did you know you can get a crys knife dagger as a quest reward from the bone wastes for killing a big Crust Burster?
Malazee
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Malazee »

Darkcrow wrote:Was Siona the female descendant of the atreides line from the God Emperor's sister? I remember Miles Teg. I cant place Darwi. Is that the Huntress that was imprinted by/imprinted Duncan Idaho #XXX? Muad'Dib makes me wish we could tame some sort of rodent. THAT would fit. Jessica could also be aliased by benegesserit, witch, or did they have a last name for her ever? I know it's revealed she was a Harkonnen but im not sure they called her anything else. Ive read ALL the books so dont feel alone. House series, Jihad series, the follow-ups to heretics and chapterhouse (Hunters, Sandworms, etc). Also, I saw Dune references all over WoW so that totally fits with the fact your grabbing Qirot for Jessica (Silithid raid boss is actually named Arrakis and the zone is desert with worms and spice blows). Did you know you can get a crys knife dagger as a quest reward from the bone wastes for killing a big Crust Burster?
Indeed, Siona was the female Atreides descendant that would give all future generations the ability to be invisible to prescience and later people would refer to it has having "Siona-blood." I felt naming a moth (with a silence ability) after her was very appropriate. And Sheeana (the girl who could talk to worms) was supposed to be a derivative of that name, but that's another name that I just don't particularly care for and so didn't use as a pet. Darwi was Odrade's first name (Reverend Mother from Heretics and Chapterhouse), remember how they played up "Dar and Tar" a lot? Odrade was used much more often when referring to her, but I just liked the name Darwi better, for a sporebat anyway. The Honored Matre that you're thinking of is Murbella, I think. Another name I just don't like very much. >.>

And as far as I know, Jessica was never given a true last name. It was always just "Lady Jessica." She never married Leto, so it most definitely wasn't Atreides, even if that convention was meant to carry into the future when Dune takes place. And it wasn't Harkonnen, since she didn't learn about that familial relationship until well into her adult life.

A rodent would definitely fit with the name MuadDib, I didn't even consider that reference before! But for now I'll stick with my blue-eyed, tan-skinned Silithid I guess. He belongs in the desert at least. ^_^ Alia as a hyena I thought was a pretty good match too... she was well, yeah, kinda a crazy b**** at the end there...

But yeah, I'm crazy about the Dune universe... :3 I've only ever read the 6 books written by Frank Herbert since the ones written by his son have such a stigma. Did you think they were good and that they added significantly to the universe? I might consider picking them up when I'm done with The Shattering.
Darkcrow
Realm: Kilrogg

Unread post by Darkcrow »

As in most cases the other-writer sequels don't live up to the original which is a shame in this case because they are still good works imho. The fact that they're not AS good as Frank's work's did not reduce the face that I enjoyed them greatly. That being said, I much rather enjoyed Anderson's House trilogy (Corrino, Atreides, Harkonnen) and the Machine Crusade trilogy (Machine Crusade, Butlerian Jihad, and Battle of Corrin) much better than I did the books to follow up Chapterhouse. The house trilogy gives some great background that I just loved to have given all the mysteries of the first book, Dune. You get such an insight into the Atreides past and some really neat twists. Same goes for the machine crusade. Harkonnen and Atreides are in that and you won't believe their origins! But the follow-ups to Chapterhouse, while interesting....are just not quite up to par. I only read them to finish off the storyline.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

This is so badass!

And it's evident what a lazy little huntress I've been. :( Shame on me. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Antares
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Antares »

My bf! Sketches

Me! Vyn Grav.

Prius who I'm much more proud of than Callik & Plainsrunner. Callik is starting to get to a place where I like him, though.

Huntmaster Blightrunner, <Neverender> Thorium Brotherhood -- lvl 110 Forsaken SV Hunter

Rakurai
Realm: Altar of Storms

Unread post by Rakurai »

Now I feel better about spending the time I did hunting down some of the rares I own.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

hehe so cool