Final Phase has begun!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Final Phase has begun!

Unread post by Lisaara »

The denizens of the Elemental Plane have finally mustered enough strength and courage to attack your capital cities. The Horde will have to defend Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff, while the Alliance will need to take care of Ironforge and Stormwind. Every 2-3 hours NPCs in those cities will yell out, informing all players that an invasion is about to begin. This warning will start a 5-minute window, during which players will have to haul sandbags or barricades to locations indicated by red markers. Low-level players will be instructed to take one of the portals in the cities and escape to safety. After all the barricades have been placed, or after 5 minutes have expired (whichever one happens first), the elementals will begin their attack.

more info: http://www.wowhead.com/blog=173902

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Re: Final Phase has begun!

Unread post by Siliverin »

NOoooooo and i cant get on!!!

/fail

/kill shot bank
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Taluwen wrote:The denizens of the Elemental Plane have finally mustered enough strength and courage to attack your capital cities. The Horde will have to defend Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff, while the Alliance will need to take care of Ironforge and Stormwind. Every 2-3 hours NPCs in those cities will yell out, informing all players that an invasion is about to begin. This warning will start a 5-minute window, during which players will have to haul sandbags or barricades to locations indicated by red markers. Low-level players will be instructed to take one of the portals in the cities and escape to safety. After all the barricades have been placed, or after 5 minutes have expired (whichever one happens first), the elementals will begin their attack.

Gah. So what about that quest to go out and talk to Thrall in Outland... is there anything more to that branch of the quest series beyond traveling out there and saying "hi"? :|
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Worba wrote:
Taluwen wrote:The denizens of the Elemental Plane have finally mustered enough strength and courage to attack your capital cities. The Horde will have to defend Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff, while the Alliance will need to take care of Ironforge and Stormwind. Every 2-3 hours NPCs in those cities will yell out, informing all players that an invasion is about to begin. This warning will start a 5-minute window, during which players will have to haul sandbags or barricades to locations indicated by red markers. Low-level players will be instructed to take one of the portals in the cities and escape to safety. After all the barricades have been placed, or after 5 minutes have expired (whichever one happens first), the elementals will begin their attack.

Gah. So what about that quest to go out and talk to Thrall in Outland... is there anything more to that branch of the quest series beyond traveling out there and saying "hi"? :|
Yeah that was kinda anticlimactic... :?

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

No not really. I think we were there to just /wave at him.

LisaaraPokefarm

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

mmk. back to org then...
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

ZOMG! Already! YAY/cower
Blooddsurge
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Blooddsurge »

so do we have to do quest to get to this like along with all the element cata quest chains and stuff or can the ppl tht havent done those quest just go and do this?
Feath3r
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Feath3r »

Since some people haven't noticed for some reason, the Wind and Water Elementals spawn in Thunder Bluff and to get access to those bosses you have to go there and fight th elementals off there as well as in Org.

Ironforge and Stormwind are under attack for Alliance (not sure what elementals are where with them.)
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

SW is the same as Org, IF is the same as TB
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Blooddsurge wrote:so do we have to do quest to get to this like along with all the element cata quest chains and stuff or can the ppl tht havent done those quest just go and do this?
Pretty sure you need to do the chains.

LisaaraPokefarm

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Taluwen wrote:
Blooddsurge wrote:so do we have to do quest to get to this like along with all the element cata quest chains and stuff or can the ppl tht havent done those quest just go and do this?
Man I will be so pissed if you can just skip straight to the bosses... I spent so much time running errands and bothering cultists...
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Worba wrote:
Taluwen wrote:
Man I will be so pissed if you can just skip straight to the bosses... I spent so much time running errands and bothering cultists...
i will be too...x.x; But they wont get the achievements like we will.

LisaaraPokefarm

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

You do NOT have to finish the chain of quests to do the bosses. I tested on my Shaman who only did the first set of quests but never did anymore. SO if an 80 suddenly desided to log in today and just do the bosses after being gone for months, They can

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

that works for me to jump straight to the bosses, i thought the chains were a bit dull myself and i could care less about achievements

i wish they just brought back the zombie event, i dont care if its relevant or not, that was fun
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

For those who didn't pick up the Tripping the Rifts achie, you can get it easily by killing the elementals in both of your faction's home cities.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Alright, question then. I did the infiltrating the cultist quests and found all the little elemental bombs around the cities and told my superiors, on both my NE in stormwind and my tauren in Orgrimmar. Then i went and said hi to Thrall. Apparently you don't go farther for either of these.

But I've also seen people talking to the invisible cultist infiltrators all over Org, and haven't gotten the option to do this yet. I was also told they're part of a quest, but I haven't gotten anything dealing with them. What am I missing? I don't want to pass up a one-time event, but I have no idea what I haven't done yet XD

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

VelkynKarma wrote:Alright, question then. I did the infiltrating the cultist quests and found all the little elemental bombs around the cities and told my superiors, on both my NE in stormwind and my tauren in Orgrimmar. Then i went and said hi to Thrall. Apparently you don't go farther for either of these.

But I've also seen people talking to the invisible cultist infiltrators all over Org, and haven't gotten the option to do this yet. I was also told they're part of a quest, but I haven't gotten anything dealing with them. What am I missing? I don't want to pass up a one-time event, but I have no idea what I haven't done yet XD

~VelkynKarma
You have been back to the guys who gave you the first set of quests? because they have given us like 8 more since then.

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Taluwen wrote:No not really. I think we were there to just /wave at him.
And it appears to learn why he also wears the new outfit he does in Cata.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Jelani wrote:
VelkynKarma wrote:Alright, question then. I did the infiltrating the cultist quests and found all the little elemental bombs around the cities and told my superiors, on both my NE in stormwind and my tauren in Orgrimmar. Then i went and said hi to Thrall. Apparently you don't go farther for either of these.

~VelkynKarma
You have been back to the guys who gave you the first set of quests? because they have given us like 8 more since then.
People also seem to get hung up on getting new quests from the cultist chicks outside SW/Org because they took off their costumes.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!