Cataclysm Stat Changes

Mr. Perfect
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Cataclysm Stat Changes

Unread post by Mr. Perfect »

Gimlion wrote:So I would disagree about the gear thing, but I know a lot of people can tend to be lazy, so if things are as simple and easy as possible then people will cheer for life.
It's not about being easy or lazy, it's about being able to focus on actual gameplay again. I'm not playing for the gearscrore, it's the grouping, questing, leveling, reputation, achievements, events and everything else this game offers(ok, minus the PvP, but still). Warcraft will be less of an Excel spreadsheet with DX10 graphics, and more of a game.
Mr. Perfect - A nickname fraught with peril.
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Kalliope wrote:Comparing us to the other physical classes, our regen really sucks, since they can go forever and we can't.
On that note, I'm looking forward to not having to buy ammo to DPS either. :D

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Warcraft will be less of an Excel spreadsheet with DX10 graphics, and more of a game.
My thoughts exactly, I do enough of that crap at work as it is. When I play a game, I want to be able to play the game, not spend all my time doing math and crap. I know some people like that, but I'm definitely not one of them. I just dinged 80 yesterday and I'm already having a frustrating time trying to get my stats right. I need x amount of hit, but then my crit is too low. I socket for a little more crit, then something else suffers. ARGH! And I'm not even getting into raiding yet. X_x

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Edrawr wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote: Warcraft will be less of an Excel spreadsheet with DX10 graphics, and more of a game.
My thoughts exactly, I do enough of that crap at work as it is. When I play a game, I want to be able to play the game, not spend all my time doing math and crap. I know some people like that, but I'm definitely not one of them. I just dinged 80 yesterday and I'm already having a frustrating time trying to get my stats right. I need x amount of hit, but then my crit is too low. I socket for a little more crit, then something else suffers. ARGH! And I'm not even getting into raiding yet. X_x
^ Thirded. You both said exactly what my thoughts were perfectly. I think stating that they're 'dumbing down' the game is a huge overstatement. I'm really looking forward to the straightforward approach they're taking with stats.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

I have an eighty warlock and several other high level casters, and they tend to have higher mana pools, higher baseline mana regen, talents to allow them to regen mana while casting, and special abilities to allow them to regen mana at an accelerated rate over a short period of time ((Evocation, life tap, dispersion, innervate)). Even our shaman melee-counterparts have a retribution like mana restoration ability, not to mention a passive regen in water shield, and paladins have divine plea. Viper is good to pop up in between pulls while running to the next mob, but otherwise just comes off as a lackluster mana regen with to large of a penalty to be useful. And god help you if you have a group/raid that chain pulls.

When I first saw the stat changes, I said "Oh GOD, they are dumbing down WoW again." But then I stopped, and thought about it. My favorite time in WoW, stat wise, was in Vanilla. They may not be going back to that level of simplicity, but at least they are doing away with a few of the extraneous stats. And FINALLY, casters can get stronger by just having intellect, like the physical classes can get stronger just by stacking strength and/or agility. And we will FINALLY be back to a 1 agility=2 AP like the good old days! Whoo hoo!

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Ghanur
Realm: Tranquility

Unread post by Ghanur »

Gimlion wrote:I TRULY hate the focus idea, screw blizzard and their damn change. But like I've said, I won't get my way, the focus change is happening, so I'll either have to learn to live with it, or reroll one of my other fav. classes, either Shammy Durid, or DK
In early Beta, Hunters where introduced with "energy" - Blizzard didn't get it right and went for "mana".

All those strange items with AGI, INT, WIL exist because of hunter mana ;)

Cataclysm is WoW V2.0
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Edrawr wrote:
Don't worry too much about stat balancing as a new 80. Get a bunch of gear upgrades first, then worry! xD

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Wowwiki wrote:During early stages of World of Warcraft development, hunters themselves used Focus as well. Back then, Focus only regenerated when standing still. However, this distinguishing feature was dropped before launch. It is due to be implemented in the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, though.
Focus only regenerating while standing still? It might actually have been an somewhat useful quirk, tough it would add incredulous amounts of downtime for us. :D
However, focus regenerating faster while standing still actually sounds like a neat idea. If they plan on making something like that without informing the community first, I'll be hoping it will regenerate in some way while we're moving. If it only regens while standing still / casting Steady, we won't have any way to regain it on the move, making any boss with a movement encounter painful for us.

Actually, them choosing not to add that might actually be a good idea...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope

If it's anything like energy, it'll regen when we're not using it as well.

YouTube Edition

FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Standing still is not the same thing as not moving. You can be standing still and firing a bow or gun. You can be standing still and be eating or drinking. Now it if said something about no movement, that would be different. I'm sure it's not what Blizz meant, but Someone had to be nit picky. lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Helio
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nessingwary (US)

Unread post by Helio »

Say what? Beastmastery as a valid spec? DONE!! *prepares to respec in Cata*
Much thanks to Saturo for the awesome signature.
Kalliope

Helio wrote:Say what? Beastmastery as a valid spec? DONE!! *prepares to respec in Cata*
Wouldn't surprise me. BM will likely have the best focus-regenning rotation.

YouTube Edition

Helio
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nessingwary (US)

Unread post by Helio »

From the sounds of it..yeah..I'm so excited!!! *hops up and down with glee* Finally get my worm and devilsaur back!!
Much thanks to Saturo for the awesome signature.