Hunter Hotfixes from 4.0.6 (2/11)

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Hunter Hotfixes from 4.0.6 (2/11)

Unread post by Kalliope »

- Auto Shot was not firing while the hunter was moving under certain conditions. Auto Shot should now always function correctly while the hunter is moving.
- Having a melee weapon equipped no longer causes the tooltips for Cobra Shot and Steady Shot to incorrectly display extra benefit from haste.
- The cooldown for Master's Call has been increased to 45 seconds, up from 35. In addition, it can now be dispelled.
- The Warp Stalker ability Time Warp can no longer be used on paladins with the Divine Shield buff active.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Re: Hunter Hotfixes from 4.0.6 (2/11)

Unread post by Cialbi »

I thought Auto Shot wasn't working properly; it wouldn't cast if I attacked while moving, but if I started casting while standing still and started moving, the cast would complete while I was on the move. Many Darnassus critters died to bring you this information; a shame their sacrifice was in vain.

As for Master's Call, the CD change does not bother me mainly because I'm not used to having it at 35 seconds. However, Master's Call being dispellable... no, just no. I will never understand why Blizzard would ever implement a purely PvP nerf on a class that currently is so bad in PvP that they're treated like pinatas in BGs.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Also from MMO-Champion:
- Players can now Ignore other characters from different realms or battlegroups when queuing for Battlegrounds or dungeons using the command: /ignore playername-servername(region). Note that the user interface Ignore function and "/ignore playername" command still do not work correctly for players on different battlegroups and will require a future patch to correct.
I know this one has been a source of frustration for many of us, so this is good news!
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

The cooldown for Master's Call has been increased to 45 seconds, up from 35. In addition, it can now be dispelled.
...Why? Why is it necessary to make it dispellable? There is not reason for this... And I'm also hearing it can be SPELLSTOLEN.

Yeah... No. >>;

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Aleu wrote:
The cooldown for Master's Call has been increased to 45 seconds, up from 35. In addition, it can now be dispelled.
...Why? Why is it necessary to make it dispellable? There is not reason for this... And I'm also hearing it can be SPELLSTOLEN.

Yeah... No. >>;
Because Blessing of Freedom can be purged/dispelled/spellstolen, most likely.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but does anyone else not see their pet's nameplate? It's really annoying me.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Kalliope wrote:
Aleu wrote:

Yeah... No. >>;
Because Blessing of Freedom can be purged/dispelled/spellstolen, most likely.
Then why did the Master's Call CD get increased to 45 seconds, whereas Hand of Freedom has a 25 second CD? If that's the reasoning, I don't buy it.

As for spellstealing Master's Call... aren't frost mages adept enough at killing hunters post 4.0.1?

Finally, I don't see the need to homogenize PvP abilities. I can see the use for PvE, where it makes raid composition more flexible. But, Master's Call being undispellable meant nothing in PvE.

_____

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Cialbi wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Because Blessing of Freedom can be purged/dispelled/spellstolen, most likely.
Then why did the Master's Call CD get increased to 45 seconds, whereas Hand of Freedom has a 25 second CD? If that's the reasoning, I don't buy it.
Blizzards counter to that is Blessing of Freedom causes Forbearance, which is about one minute, despite HoF being a 25 second CD. I still don't see any reason to do it. To me Arcane and Fire Mages are fairly easy. It's just that god damn Frost Mages. x.x

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

At this point, I think that Blizzard has done a pretty god job of killing hunter PvP. By that, I mean making hunters such an undesirable PvP class that many hunter PvPers have either stopped participating in PvP (such as myself), switched to another class, or outright quit the game. The last thing they should be doing is making hunters easier to kill.

I guess I'm just grumbling about this because I was planning on giving post-Cataclysm PvP another go, but am currently not seeing many promising signs with these hotfixes.

_____

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Lovely. I was already having some difficulties before this nerf bat hit. I enjoy BG PvP and I can't help but miss the old hunter days sometimes. :(

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!