Vote to Kick Hotfixes

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Vote to Kick Hotfixes

Unread post by Aleu »

From MMO-Champion

We’re making a number of hotfixes to address use of the Dungeon Finder and vote kick tools. The following hotfixes will require realm restarts to implement, which are likely to be next Tuesday’s weekly maintenance.

* Players who are outside a dungeon for more than a few minutes are now immediately able to be kicked.

* If queuing as a group with a tank or healer, and the tank or healer drops group (or is kicked) soon after joining, those that queued with them will also be removed from the dungeon.

* If three or more players group queue with each other it will require an additional vote for them to kick anyone they did not group queue with.

* If a group queue of 4 kicks the one person that they did not group queue with they will each receive a more severe penalty to their ability to initiate future kicks.

* If someone initiates a vote kick for someone they group queued with they will not incur a penalty to their ability to initiate future kicks.

With these changes we hope to reduce some undesirable behavior and annoyances, and encourage greater patience when using the Dungeon Finder. In addition, keep in mind that both initiating and agreeing to vote kick have always carried the same weight to your ability to kick in the future. It's always best to save your votes for when it really counts to ensure your ability to kick is available when it does.

We’ll of course be watching how these changes work to improve these systems, and always appreciate your feedback.

As these and other hotfixes are implemented, they'll be added to the hotfix blog - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389#blog
I snickered at the second one there. So it seems tanks can't sell instant queues anymore if they plan to leave anytime during the dungeon. (Or if they think the DPS will get kicked.)

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Saturo

Re: Vote to Kick Hotfixes

Unread post by Saturo »

Neat.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

The downside to this is if you queue with a group of four and the fifth person decides to kick back and let you carry him, you're going to be harder-pressed to kick him. :(

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

The practice of tanks selling only instant queues...

Unread post by Sigrah »

Mod Edit: Moved this in from another thread to prevent redundancy.

To those that don't know how this practice works, it basically goes like this. A tank sells *ONLY* the instant queue in trade chat to 3 DPS and a Healer, then leaves group after they get into the dungeon. That way, the tank makes his/her money selling the instant queue, and the Healer and DPS queue up to find a new tank, supposedly getting priority because they are already in the dungeon waiting. It differs from tanks selling runs in that the tank doesn't actually stay for the run, they simply get the people into the dungeon, then leave.

Anyways, I hadn't heard of healers doing this, but apparently they were doing something similar. Hopefully, this cuts down on the queue times a bit, it was getting a bit ridiculous on my server with tanks selling queues. On a side note, I'm glad to see that you'll be able to kick people who leave the dungeon for more than a few minutes and keep everyone waiting.
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

What Kalliope said, that's the only one that doesn't seem very nice. =( Other than that, great!

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Nice!

I wonder if the first change listed will allow you to kick someone who hearths out of a dungeon and logs off without leaving group, even if everyone else is unable to initiate a vote kick normally. Yes, this did happen once.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I wonder what the tank-leaving-dungeon-kicks-group cut off will be though? It'd seem a little unfair if you get to the first boss or something and then the tank has to go, and that removes everyone who queued with them from the group. Hopefully Blizz may have foreseen this and has set a timer or something?

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Oh, I'm sure there's a timer, just like there's a timer for how long after forming a PuG until you can votekick, and how long after entering a random dungeon until you can leave without penalty (not sure how the latter works; I've suspected that it may require you dying first).
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Small followup on this:
Vote kick abuse penalty
2. There is an incentive not to take pugs for that last spot or two because of the stiff penalties I have to face if they are bads.
You're exaggerating the penalty quite a bit. The penalty for issuing Vote Kicks too often is hidden from you and is issued in almost all cases when players are way too trigger happy with this option.

Yes, you could be in a dungeon with three other friends and pick up a bad player. You could get two bad players in a row. Maybe more. The penalty still shouldn't really apply to you unless you're kicking player after player on a whim because you and your friends get absolute say over whether that fifth player gets to stay in your group or not.

This change should have little affect on the majority of players running dungeons with three other friends, so long as they're being reasonable about when to use the Vote Kick feature.
(Source)

Considering that this was a concern I'd had, I'm glad it was addressed.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

So I will be busted out of the dungeon if the tank leaves soon, even though a turtle or dps warrior could replace him for 5 minutes untill there is a new tank.
darn
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Aleu wrote: * Players who are outside a dungeon for more than a few minutes are now immediately able to be kicked.
That right there is pure awesomesauce. I recall once pugging with a very special oomkin who insisted on constantly spamming his player-x-needs-to-train-rank-y-of-spell-q addon in /yell, and when the rest of the group told him to stop it, he left the dungeon and then ran around attacking random outdoor mobs to quote "stay in combat so you can't kick me"... the rest of us posted a GM ticket, but after 10-15 minutes of hoping it would get picked up by a priority filter we had to finally give up and leave the group (and I think the first one to drop group got a deserter debuff, just to rub salt in the wound).

Long overdue anti-idiot safeguard.
Aleu wrote: * If queuing as a group with a tank or healer, and the tank or healer drops group (or is kicked) soon after joining, those that queued with them will also be removed from the dungeon.
EDIT: actually this one I get - if you end up doing a few randoms with a couple other people (from different realms), and one ends up getting kicked, this would be the only way you could all remain together.
Aleu wrote: * If three or more players group queue with each other it will require an additional vote for them to kick anyone they did not group queue with.

* If a group queue of 4 kicks the one person that they did not group queue with they will each receive a more severe penalty to their ability to initiate future kicks.

* If someone initiates a vote kick for someone they group queued with they will not incur a penalty to their ability to initiate future kicks.
These I agree with - while some are just grouping with friends, the potential for power abuse by idiots running in packs has to be addressed.