Massive Stealth Nerf To Hunter Traps

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Massive Stealth Nerf To Hunter Traps

Unread post by Kalliope »

Tossed a link to a blue post acknowledging the change in the first post. Also added here for your convenience: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=5#91.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

ummeiko wrote:Pvp really should be a nonissue... traps last 8 second and can easily be dispelled.
^ This is exactly why chain-trapping had nothing to do with PvP. No CC lasts longer than 8 seconds in PvP as a rule.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

When I mentioned the PVP aspect, it wasn't to say that we're OP (and we really aren't, are we?), but more to comment on the usual way in which a whine argument about a class builds up in the community until the devs start reacting to it. I've no idea if that's actually what happened here, obviously. ... Although part of me wishes it was, because then at least I could understand the reasoning behind this change. :?

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Breledorm
Realm: EU-Aszune

Unread post by Breledorm »

Spiritbinder wrote:This is a sad day for hunters everywhere... a very sad day indeed :cry:

Here is another article written on it also... http://lakonism.blogspot.com/2011/02/wh ... ed-or.html
Thank you mentioning my blogg Spiritbinder.

And I can only agree. I was SO looking forward to the day I would get hang of the PvP-gloves so i could try to CC 6 mobs simultaneously. I didn´t expect Blizzard to let us do that for very long, but they could have lowered the timers, instead of destroying the whole mechanic with dual traps.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Breledorm wrote:
Thank you mentioning my blogg Spiritbinder.

You most welcome, It was a great article and really refreshing that the content was pretty unbiased one way or the other, yet really informative. It explained it's problems, it's possible solutions, it's strengths and weaknesses really well.
Breledorm wrote: but they could have lowered the timers, instead of destroying the whole mechanic with dual traps.

^ This for sure. A simple adjustment to the timers were all that were needed. If it had a 40 second armed time instead of 60, you would have to be rather skilled to keep 2 chain trapped, but doable. To then have three would be near impossible. Such a simple measure compared to the way it was done.

Stealth nerfs are always horrible, but when it completely breaks the mechanic, it really makes me wonder.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Breledorm

Spiritbinder wrote:Stealth nerfs are always horrible, but when it completely breaks the mechanic, it really makes me wonder.
Yea. When they leave something out of the patch notes it should be some minor change or else it's a bit "fishy".

They can't remove the mechanics for double trapping *by mistake* and then "forget" to mention it to the ones who write the notes. It probably took some time programming...
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Breledorm wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:Stealth nerfs are always horrible, but when it completely breaks the mechanic, it really makes me wonder.
Yea. When they leave something out of the patch notes it should be some minor change or else it's a bit "fishy".

They can't remove the mechanics for double trapping *by mistake* and then "forget" to mention it to the ones who write the notes. It probably took some time programming...
Actually, this nerf was first implemented in a patch way back in vanilla WoW; they reversed the change within a patch, though. ;)

So, I imagine that this may not have taken much programming, and thus have been relatively easy to slip in at the last minute.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Breledorm

Cialbi wrote:Actually, this nerf was first implemented in a patch way back in vanilla WoW; they reversed the change within a patch, though.
You, you are right Cialbi. I forgot about that one...
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

I find the change pretty annoying.

Especially when your raiding and you need to trap things. I had a couple of times that a trap broke from a fellow hunter or even my own and we just double trapped each others mobs to help each other out.

now if I see a trap break from a fellow hunter or even a cc from a other and my trap is on cool down I cant decide to trap it because if I do my prime trap target breaks >_>

I really hope they revert the change :(
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/