Alliance or Horde?

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Alliance or Horde?

Unread post by Makoes »

I play primarily Alliance. The main reason why is that...for me the horde just seem so Angry all the time, Orgrimmar is red and spikey and just plain mean looking...I can't spend to much time there or I just Feel angry. So nay horde characters I do play tend to chill out in TB. I HATE the undead...the models, the area's...just hate the race, hate playing along side them...
The horde does have a far better back story, and I know all the Horde leaders...I just hate the red angry colors and the undead.

Alliance on the other hand...Aside from King whats-his-name, I really don't know any of the leaders names, or much about them. The stories/quests are kind of meh, but I like the naturey night elves, and the cool color tones of the alliance, and all the races (especially male Worgen...ok I Hate the female model, its a freaking rabid chihuahua that's perma-strangled) I dunno...
The alliance seems to me to be more of the "good" guys and the Horde feel like the "bad" guys to me. /shrug

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

My main is alliance because that's what my spouse was playing when I first started. I've been asked to faction change a few times but have always refused because all my "stuff" (transmog, hunter pets) were specifically collected for my main as-is. Even a trip to the game's barber shop can be agonizing. :) So I guess for me it's all about aesthetics rather than better racials for raiding or lore.

I have a few horde toons now but none of them are max level yet. .
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Mostly Horde... I can't seem to find much of an attachment to any of the alliance races. I'll play it once in a while, but I find Horde to be far more interesting.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I edited this post out because I felt it was too rude and it was making me feel bad for being so mean-tongued.
Last edited by Arthur on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Littlemyuu
Realm: Al'akir

Unread post by Littlemyuu »

My Hunters always has been Horde, so I think I'm more a Horde person.
got an Ally Worgen Warlock who I also like ofcourse, but mainly I like Horde somehow.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Horde but I do have some Ally toons (no humans, I'm human all day why would I want to be one in a game?) I like the Horde story more and there are a lot less poop jokes on the Horde side, lolz. :mrgreen:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

While Horde players here can be very childish on my server the Alliance is like walking into a racist kinder garden @.@

Well racist to New Zealanders anyway. >.<
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Not sure about the Horde side but ever try to rp as Alliance I am learning and well only place I have to go is Goldshire ugh... at least when we get connected to Shadow Council they will be gone. It is interesting to rp as a DK the stories can be so vast also would be interesting to try as a Horde though I do have a Tauren.
Senza
Realm: Silver Hand (H)

Unread post by Senza »

That's a tough question! Perhaps I'm one of the few that enjoy both equally. (Though I never play the opposing faction on the same server). I'm Alliance on Scarlet Crusade and Horde on Silver Hand. ;)
Last edited by Senza on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Many thanks to the very talented Ashaine for the beautiful signature!

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I have severe "alt-itis" so I just play whatever suits my mood at the time.
Last edited by Niabi on Sat May 17, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Alliance. Because dwarves :D

Seriously though, the first char I've made in WoW was a tauren shammy. I played her through Mulgore and fell in love with it... and then was sent to Orgrimar. My first thought after leaving the zepp was "wtf...?". The map didn't help me much either. After 15min I've logged out and never logged in on that char again, and didn't make any other horde char untill much much later.
I love Stormwind, really, love it <3

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I started out as alliance back in classic WoW, because my RL friends were playing alliance. But as they started to either quit, or do other stuff in the game, I switched to horde, and have not left them since. Most of my characters are trolls or orcs, and like some other here I find the horde more appealing. Just everything about them really.
I still play alliance from time to time, but I have never been able to level one to max level. I have a human paladin at level 87 now, but I doubt he will make it to 90 before the expansion. :P
That's why I'm planning on using my boost on an alliance, just to try it out. Also because I don't have any horde classes not at max level. :D

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Even though I said I can't stand playing Horde, I have a confession.
My first 'real' character was a Blood Elf hunter.. u_u''!

Then we got Worgen and I never went back.. Also, that blood elf is now my alliance pandaren hunter, Kiwi. uwu'

I just felt like admitting that.. It's not that I hate horde players, I just don't like the atmosphere or races that' much.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I play both, more or less equally, but my heart belongs to the Horde. I prefer the colour-schemes, the plot-lines, the characters models, the history and the overall atmosphere of Horde vastly more than those provided in the Alliance. But a notable exception are Dwarves, who are tied with Trolls as my favourite race, and have always had my heart. In fact, my first ever character was a Dwarf warrior who I still play actively. And in the name of fairness, I do like Night Elves FAR more than Blood Elves (not that I much care for ANY Elves, but if I had to choose). However, the "real" Horde races will always stand above the Alliance races for me.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Mostly alliance for me.

I don't like quests and storylines that are 'kill all this, murder that, cut the forest to the ground and burn the fragments' all the time, for one thing. I really think the tauren should end up LEAVING the Horde given all the burnt-earth ruination they do, but eh, since when has Blizzard's continuity really made any sense.

Also, like some other folks, I find the maturity levels of Horde (with some specific exceptions) to be much lower than Alliance on average. Or at least, it's a flavor of immaturity I'm less willing to tolerate, I guess. It's a little sad, because I do love most of the Horde races in theory (tauren and trolls mostly), but the people who play them seem to inevitably rub me the wrong way eventually, on top of the fact Blizzard can't hardly seem to stick to their own story in regards to certain races' outlooks.

I do wish there was more variety in Alliance races (although it's better than it was)... but really, you've got humans, short humans, really short humans, and humans with a case of fuzz. Draenei and pandaren help but I'd still like something else completely nonhumanoid. (well, aside from the 'two arms, two legs' rule...)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

tough question. my main is ally but I probably have way more horde alts than ally ones...but my ally ones are all higher levels. >.< I guess I would say ally. My hunter has always been a white haired nigh elf with a satisfying backstory (I haven't even changed her hair in the 6ish years of gameplay) so I really don't want to faction change her even though both my real and faction is pretty dead and many of my faction changed friends have offered me spots in good raiding and pvp guilds. I like being ally. I like ally mostly because the majority of my friends are ally so we get to hang out.
I do like the horde though and enjoy their selection of races more. the undead quest lines are awesome but aside from that I don't like their cities or starting zones that much so its always hard to me to get to a decent level without quitting.
TL;DR I really, really like horde but its easier for me to attach to my alliance characters.

*sigh* if only all races could choose their side like pandas can. ;)

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

i play both tbh, both diff servs obv.

i played horde since vanilla then went to alliance for tbc - horde wrath - cata tbc - both mop lol.. i get bored easly and switch amongst both. aswell as both sides have the same amount of classes/ect so on.

depends on people tho. my friend plays horde, hes only got 1 90 and zero alts, plays that constantly since tbc started < i would die from boredom if i was like him haha.

but yer, blizzard is an alliance lover, lota buffs for alliance.. bleh..
Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

Horde for me. I began, way back in Vanilla, as Alliance. But after a really *really* bad guild experience coupled with a bad experience after the guild, I moved to Horde and was lucky enough, both on my first server, and then a server I moved to when Blood Elves came about (and my wife wanted to try playing and levelling with me) to find some amazingly funny and kind people who not only answered all my amazingly stupid questions, but would appear out of nowhere with gifts of bags, or to drag me into instances with their guilds and friends.

I've always felt more welcomed by random people when playing Horde, although I have also met some lovely Alliance folks too... and met jerks in BOTH factions. For me, however, I feel more at home hordeside. ::shrug:: I like the lore, I like the races, and I like the homelands-- even the ghostlands retain something I kinda like, spiders aside. ::grin::
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I've been Alliance most of my WoW career. I've tried Horde here and there (am playing one now!), and while I don't really hate them or anything, I just for whatever reason tend to prefer the Alliance. I think part of it may be that I really love the night elves. They're my favorite race. I love their lore and their druids and their night-colored lands and the music and all of it. The night elf zones enchanted me from the first time I stepped foot in them, and they've been my favorite ever since. I also really like the draenei (they're my second most-played race, probably).

Also, as someone else said, I'm not too crazy about the Horde's general attitude of "burn and conquer everything". I'm a very naturey person in real life, and seeing part of Ashenvale now torched and cut down makes me rather bitter towards the Horde. They're just a little too industrial and war-minded for my tastes.

However, I do like the personality of the tauren, even if I've never really been able to stick with one (don't care for the female models much). And I do also like the blood elves. I find their story very interesting. I like the tribal trolls to a lesser degree, and I like the orcs for their models but that's more or less it (my favorite warrior is an orc female). The undead...eh. I kinda feel bad for them, but I don't much care for their attitude.

Overall, the Alliance just fits a little better with my personality in a general sense, so that's what I've played the most.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I was purely horde till LK came out. I believe that's when I got my first alliance toon. Now I'm equal. I still primarily horde at heart but there are days where I cannot stand one faction or the other :lol: so I play the opposing faction. So primarily horde but dabble in alliance often.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!