Azerothian Choppers - The winner is.....

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Azerothian Choppers

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Vephriel wrote:I'm interested to see the final pieces, but I have a hard time watching the actual episodes. I'm just really not a fan of that "brand" of television drama, with the prolonged pauses and fake anticipation. I dunno, I can't sit through it because it makes me cringe.
Ya the fake drama is REALLY bad. :lol: However I felt incredibly let down by the Horde chopper turning out to be a tricycle. I know Didier wants to give it spikes, skulls, chains and stuff, but come on, a tricycle? :? Now that was cringe worthy. I don't even care anymore what it will look like in the end, there's no way I can vote for that thing. Alliance snowmobile all the way for me!
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I hate "reality" tv. There's rarely ever anything real or sincere about it. But I'm really still interested to see what the final bikes look like. :) If the eps were already up I suspect I'd be fast forwarding a lot ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

For me, the biggest let down was hearing how they describe the Horde and the Alliance.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Uhm... I think I'll wait and see the final models. I'm not really into that kind of shows.
Maybe I'm just old... I remember the times when MTV had music on it, instead of that kind of crap :/

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Aeladrine wrote:For me, the biggest let down was hearing how they describe the Horde and the Alliance.
I'm inclined to agree. The descriptions were less about the Alliance and the Horde and more about Humans and Orcs. I suppose they were just trying to simplify it for the designers, but it invariably boils down to that. A chopper which is modeled upon the themes of the Forsaken or the Gilneans, now that would be one hell of a chopper, at least to me anyway. :lol:

I also have to agree with other posters that the show so far seems very cringe-worthy. The ending of this segment seems to indicate that there will be more focus on the design process, but I'm not familiar with this show. It could be that it doesn't really get any better, which is a shame because without all of the reality T.V. trappings, watching the bikes being designed and built could be interesting.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

cant wait to vote.. blarg!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Azerothian Choppers - VOTE NOW

Unread post by Lisaara »

Time to vote guys!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/choppers/#vote

I voted Ally! and I was honest about it rather than just for faction love. The Horde one is awesome but it looks almost identical to what we already have in the game minus the treads. Alliance looks much more unique in style.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Ahh yes, the most cliche, typical looking depictions of Horde and Alliance ever. x.x Imagination was clearly limited as much as possible, just ouch.

They're nice enough, just so... BORING.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

A bit, but they're not bad though.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Ah yeah they are pretty cliche. Still I voted Horde because it looks better by a long shot.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Well, they both turned out almost exactly how I expected. I like the Horde one more though, so that's my vote.
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

I know they say only one will be in game. But they actually SAY Horde and Alliance on the bike. Part of me sees the one that doesnt win being added at a later date. Just giving the winner time to "shine" a bit first. But thats just my thoughts :)

That said. I voted Horde. I just liked it better.

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'm pretty much calling it that Horde will win because it really doesn't matter what they look like. Horde are the loudest yelling, and always have been, and even if the horde bike was made out of tape and 2x4s (it kinda is; I mean, look at the running boards. Really?!) the Horde bike would win.

I agree that the Horde bike looks way too much like the Mechano-hog as it is, just... crossed with a snowmobile? And the chain handlebars are goofy and impractical. At least the body panels on the Alliance bike are interesting.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Though both may make it in the Blizzorde will determine once again to screw the Alliance over yet again just like when they burned part of Stormwind and have yet to fix it or when they destroyed Theramore and yet Blizzorde rebuilt their main city they gave the area above it to those pesky green guys who made it into their symbol come on who can not see Blizzorde giving it to their faction and screwing us yet again. I did vote for my faction with pride but I know I won't see it so Wolfie, my Kor'kron War Wolf, and I will ride forever into the sunset.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I voted Alliance, not just because it's the faction I play more, but I really can't digest the tricycle the Horde is getting. Usually they get better looking mounts, but the Goblin trikes never clicked for me, especially since they're so stiff and have little animations in them. I'm pretty sure they will use their skeleton to ... "animated" the Horde chopper, so to me that's not something that should happen.
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I voted Horde, even though my main is Alliance (though I play both factions quite a bit).

In the end I decided that I didn't really like either. I was hoping to be surprised by the results, but neither of them really did that for me. I think they went for "safe + gimmicks".

But the Alliance one lost out for me because the finish felt more like plastic with a chrome laminate, rather than real metal. It just feels less genuine. Plus it has such a huge rear end on such a low profile that it feels like it's spread over the ground like a slug. ;) The Horde one was a bit generic and expected, but I thought the finish was a lot nicer.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am torn on them...
On one hand the Alliance bike has a nicer base, but the plating makes it look like a shiny insect...it doesn't really scream "Alliance."
It's also VERY shiny and almost monotone...I would have likes to see more blue and gold worked into it.

The horde bike on the other hand is very "Horde" in design and true to the theme of the faction...however the trike concept bugs me, and those exhaust pipes on the back...well in-game they would probably spew black smoke, yuck!

So, Shiny beetle-borg Alliance or smog spewing horde trike...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I don't know if I will vote. I didn't expect to be impressed, I wasn't impressed. They turned out ok but they did have to limit some of the creativity and I'm not big on choppers to start with. (Also a lot of the drama and such made me cringe.) they did well with what they were given but I can't say I favor one over the other. I like the overall body/look of the ally chopper but it is really, really shiny and I would have preferred wheels over the treads, which I think make the bike look way too long and adds to the whole insectiod vibe that is bothering some pepole. had they gone with wheels I don't think it would have been a problem and I would have preferred it for sure.
I like the less garish coloring on the horde bike and actually prefer the spike/tusks/ect on it but I am not a fan of trikes and overall the bike is huge and makes anyone riding it look so tiny.
As a mount collector I will be happy with whatever bike we are given. I have never been sucked up by the faction divide so I won't be bothered if alliance lose. I expect the loser to appear in the game at some point anyway. Why waste all the time (and money!) it cost to make two bikes if your plan is to throw one of them away and never bring it up again?

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote:Plus it has such a huge rear end on such a low profile that it feels like it's spread over the ground like a slug.
I thought this too, but I was kind of hoping that it was going to be a 2seater and another could hop on the back. Which in hide site I guess it could still be, wouldn't be hard to have the option for an in game version.
Makoes wrote:I am torn on them...
On one hand the Alliance bike has a nicer base, but the plating makes it look like a shiny insect...it doesn't really scream "Alliance."
I thought this too, but then that level of high gloss shine would be pretty dam hard to replicate in game, and I doubt they would too as it would not really fit too well with the rest of wow's aesthetics.

I'm guessing if it is the winner, it will end up more silver and not to dissimilar to the raw metal on this one.

I was not in love with either of them personally, but as my main is an alli engineer, if I am to use it on any toon it would be him, so I voted alliance.

The horde one had GREAT paint work and some really interesting ideas, but I’m not too sure about another trike. Also as much as it had some horde flair, it didn't get over the line for me, just a little too safe.

I expected it to be MORE rough, ready, dangerous and raw. Something that looks like a goblin engineer made like an Iron Star and the like?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nachtwulf wrote:I'm pretty much calling it that Horde will win because it really doesn't matter what they look like. Horde are the loudest yelling, and always have been, and even if the horde bike was made out of tape and 2x4s (it kinda is; I mean, look at the running boards. Really?!) the Horde bike would win.

I agree that the Horde bike looks way too much like the Mechano-hog as it is, just... crossed with a snowmobile? And the chain handlebars are goofy and impractical. At least the body panels on the Alliance bike are interesting.
Pretty much how I feel.

LisaaraPokefarm