What are you doing while waiting for the xpac?

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: What are you doing while waiting for the xpac?

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Every day, the leathercrafting MoP leather transmute... for that non-PvP Hunter belt pattern discovery. It's as if the game is waiting for me to get absolutely every single PvP pattern before giving me that one belt I can actually use.

For some reason, on my tailor I got all of the non-PvP patterns (pants and belts) within the first few weeks of cloth transmuting. But my leathercrafter got the non-PvP druid leather belt pattern, and that's it.. everything else has been PvP.

I spent a bit of time playing Aion, and ended up not so much hating it, as not being particularly impassioned by it. It's beautiful, that's for sure. But the quests are dull, and ... well.. it isn't WoW.

So I've been working longer hours at the office, since I have work to do, and it's not like I particularly feel like rushing into WoW these days.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Sukurachi wrote:Every day, the leathercrafting MoP leather transmute... for that non-PvP Hunter belt pattern discovery. It's as if the game is waiting for me to get absolutely every single PvP pattern before giving me that one belt I can actually use.
I feel your pain. Still trying to get both the hunter belt and pants patterns!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Sukurachi wrote: I spent a bit of time playing Aion, and ended up not so much hating it, as not being particularly impassioned by it. It's beautiful, that's for sure. But the quests are dull, and ... well.. it isn't WoW.

So I've been working longer hours at the office, since I have work to do, and it's not like I particularly feel like rushing into WoW these days.
Thats kinda how I feel too. When I play other games for abit it just isnt wow...I think I'm just bored. All ive got left to do is either farm really hard stuff or lvl alts. I get so far and think "I could be 90 like that if I wanted to..." sigh! got something like 13 90's now...

I actually just wanna get my robe on my rp toon so I can go back to civilization and actually rp again ><

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Got my legendary cloak yesterday, so feeling pretty good about that!
Trying to get the CM:silver's done so I can get the mount. Hopefully my new cloak will help :3
And...gearing up my DK a bit and re-learning how to play his dusty butt ^^

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Made a new alt on Nesingwary and got him in the forums guild there so I will be leveling him when I am not spending time with my girlfriend.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

I am trying to figure out what level 90 I want to boost and also how the bloody hell to start the "Siege of Orgramar" questline so now that I do have a max toon I can finally do a major story based quest.
Never have I beaten or been a part of a battle with Illadin, Arthas, Deathwing, or any of the big world story bosses
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Right now, I'm having fun with my boosted Undead Warlock. I'm getting him geared through Timeless Isle and LFR drops. He's at 495 now and one more drop will let me run SoO LFR's. I'm also trying to get him rep with the Cloud Serpent Riders and with Wrathion.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'm having a ball on my two boosted toons - my tauren Enhance shaman and Worgen destruction warlock. OMG such fun!!

I found one button macros for both and an add on that extends the amount of characters you can use in the macro field...probably not news to anyone hardcore but i was like asddfagfyge holy crap awesome!!

I also got not 1 or 2 weapons in ToES for my warlock but...all of them!!! Got the daggerx2, sword and staff!! My fiance was fuming as hes been after the staff for his mage for a while :( I offered him a dagger but he wasn't very impressed :P

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Daily CD chores, pet battles, arenas, old stuff for transmogrification (solo and group). Occasionally I'll progress an alt through the cloak quest chain. I've mostly finished with timeless isle (spineclaw minipet took sooo long), except for bloody coins.

I could get in the mood to level alts, I did a lot of them at the end of Cata (I deleted at least two 85s, so I could level more up). But I'll probably wait until the new male Draenei faces to make a new leveling toon.

There's still Brawler's pub. I'm stuck on Hexos (feral druid), maybe my dps is high enough now to get it down before I choke.

So I guess I'm not hurting for things to do. It fits my playstyle of just flying here and there doing stuff that's handy.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

* Grinding out the legendary on Mindala. It's tedious, so I won't do it on another.
* Gearing up a 80-locked Frost DK, Icicle, to do at-level raiding
* Grinding out reps and stuff on Mindala; I really need to finish the Skyguard rep.
* Leveling up an Alliance-side hunter and learning to play BM at the same time. Triesta hit 50 last night and is an white-skin, white-hair Draenei wearing all white (mostly the Sentry's set but different legs) with all white pets. Started that when I got Echeyakee and decided to theme.
* Random in-game silliness.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I thought I'd posted in this thread already, but it doesn't seem that I have! I've been leveling a bunch of RP alts (usually only to about 20 before I make another, haha....) and doing dailies. I'm trying to actually get my Argent Tournament stuff done, since I've been putting it off for YEARS.... I'm also going to be working on the challenge modes now, with the recent updates to the mounts and the title. The transmog armour is cool, but I'm not sure if I care enough about it to get to gold. Silver will probably be good enough for me.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Since most of my 90's are WoD ready, I'm putting mogs together on my boosted mage and catching up on lore along with leveling a prot pally I've made.

Before, the only lore I really read about was the dragons, but I've learnt alot of the other stuff is interesting, plus it would be kinda fitting to read on orc and draenei lore for next expac.

I've also learnt so far that pre-80 prot pallies feel OP.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Updating what I'm doing.

Mostly been leveling my pally, she's a lot of fun. Getting from 86-90 is going to take forever, though. x.x Especially with how fast 80-85 was. Also doing mount runs aaand probably going to do some Challenge Modes, because wow I really want all four phoenixes. x.x

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Banard wrote:
Banard wrote:My to do things before WoD:

(1) Kill the last three two boss in SOO on heroic.
(2)Finish getting all the Gorgeous BG achievements (started it this past weekend and only BG i have any left) 69 more Deepwind Gorge Wins
(3) You're going to need a bigger bag achievement (and send many curses Blizzards way).
(4) 10,000 daily achievement...less then 2k to go!
(5) Level all Profession for that achievement (been so lazy about this one)
(6) Level 2nd hunter to level 80 and gear for Herald of Titans FoS run.
(7) Collect more pets...567 569 unique ones isn't enough. Got to get them all!
(8) Level ALL pets and turn them to Rares
(9) There is one more season of PVP this xpac so get those two achievements.
(10) Keep farming, Onyxia mount, ashes of alar off of kael and the firelands one.
(11) PVP Pet Battles finish 250 with max level for the Direhorn.
(12)....god it never ends there so much to do and never enough time!

Things left over on my list from last xpac's:
(1) stone core mount
(2) VP mount
(3) camel mount
(4) deepholm mount
(5) timeless mount

almost forgot Alani which appears to be harder now then before and the jade mount from warbringers (only one i have left)

bah get one finish add another, it never ends!

hardly been playing wow for the past month, just been logging to raid but at least i knocked another mount of me list last night! Woot ashes of alar after 7 years!
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

both sleeping alot. and making new toons.. i got double/triple of the same.. because they are fun and 2 lazy to farm gear for both specs lol.

15x 90s on my side, tho ive never quit wow once.. its like a drug for me lol.

wow only got boring for me when i hit my 200th mount collecting.. once i got that achive i instantly went.. what to do now.. im freakin bored.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Leveling alts, pet battles (I NEED that baby Xuen, I NEED it!), collecting mounts. I can only play a leetle bit since ... grad school. I spend my days writing, reading, scraping algae off of glass with a razor blade (or toothbrushing corals...), so I tend to putter around casual-like.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Banard wrote:

(2)Finish getting all the Gorgeous BG achievements (started it this past weekend and only BG i have any left) 69 more Deepwind Gorge Wins
(3)You're going to need a bigger bag achievement (and send many curses Blizzards way).
(4) 10,000 daily achievement...less then 2k 1.5K to go!
(7) Collect more pets...567[/strike] 569 573 unique ones isn't enough. Got to get them all!
(10) Keep farming, Onyxia mount, ashes of alar off of kael and the firelands one.
(12) **New** Proving Ground DPS Endless 30
(13) **New** Proving Grounds Healing Gold
(14) **New** Proving Grounds Tanking Gold
(12)....god it never ends there so much to do and never enough time!

(1) stone core mount
(2) VP mount
(3) camel mount
(4) deepholm mount
(5) timeless mount

almost forgot Alani which appears to be harder now then before and the jade mount from warbringers (only one i have left)

bah get one finish add another, it never ends!

hardly been playing wow for the past month, just been logging to raid but at least i knocked another mount of me list last night! Woot ashes of alar after 7 years!

Bah! Just started playing again after a month of hardly logging. So i got rid of one thing on me list and added somemore!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

A little while ago I overcame my trepidation of WoW roleplaying and joined a friend's RP guild. It's been a fantastic experience and I'm enjoying myself so much! Having an active RP guild and joining with friends has really refreshed the game for me during this pre-xpac lull. :)
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

(3)You're going to need a bigger bag achievement (and send many curses Blizzards way).
(4) 10,000 daily achievement...less then 2k 1.4K to go!
(7) Collect more pets...567[/strike] 569 573 unique ones isn't enough. Got to get them all!
(12) Proving Ground DPS Endless 30
(13) Proving Grounds Healing Gold
(14) Proving Grounds Tanking Gold (**need to gear DK, none of his gear has sockets)
(15)....god it never ends there so much to do and never enough time!

(1) stone core mount
(2) VP mount
(3) camel mount
(4) deepholm mount
(5) timeless mount

**almost forgot Alani which appears to be harder now then before and the jade mount from warbringers (only one i have left)

Bah! Sorry for the spam but for some reason seeing this list that illustrates my progress kind of helps to motivate me..
Ebonrook
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by Ebonrook »

I've been doing mostly idling in major cities, admittedly, but I have been trying to shake off the virtual dust that's been settling on me by doing some self-enforced goal hunting. Here's my to-do list:

- Keep writing/roleplaying. Got many fantastic storylines going between characters, which is a god send in times like these.
- Work on Legendary Cloak (While it's slow going, I'm getting there – on runestones now. Won't...likely do it again on another character unless that datamined buff goes in.)
- Look for Pandaria treasures to finish off the Relic Hunter achievement.
- Play the auction house more seriously. (I've been reading recent articles on the subject and tapping into markets where I can.)
- Finish the Kanrethad / Green Fire quest line on my warlock. (I'm on the last section, but after getting beat on for days and days I haven't tried in months.)
- Pick up farming again for mounts I'm still missing (Big ones: Raven reins, Attumen's mount, Deathcharger, White Hawkstrider, Slabhide's mount, Altairus' mount.)
- Pick up Archeology again. I'm still missing: Crawling Hand, Ultramarine Qiraji mount, Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron.
- Resume pet battling and enter the Celestial Tournament. (I have a huge collection and I'm not missing much, but I have not leveled the required amount to enter.)