Small pay-for-boost (idea)

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Small pay-for-boost (idea)

Unread post by Redith »

So talking to my friend who is still deciding what his free boost should be used for bounced an idea off of me today that I wanted to get your guys opinion on. He states he wants to pick a class that is not a warrior (since he has a 90 of one) but he has no idea. I told him just roll all the classes and play. However he stated that those are poor representations of the class since he told me warriors don't feel like their class until level 40.
He then said Blizz should do a Mini pay for boost, for a level 30 or so. That way people who want to try a new class or just want to roll an alt , wont have to deal with slogging through the low levels and skip to actual playing, and also wont roll a 90 they have no idea how to play.

It is an interesting Idea, and I can see both sides to having it and not having it. What about you guys?
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Re: Small pay-for-boost (idea)

Unread post by Niabi »

I think it's a great idea, although I'd like to see the level up'd to 58 instead of 30. This way, the characters would begin at the same level as Death Knights. Then everyone would be on par as far as learning their classes from that point.

Blizzard could charge half the price of a full boost. I would consider paying for something like that!

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Going from 1 to 30 can be done basically in one day nowadays. I would agree: set it to 58 to match Death Knights, and so they can go right to Burning Crusade.

That said, I wouldn't avail myself of *either* of these things, so I'm probably a bad person to ask. ;) If I want to play a character, I'll level them up.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

Though I wouldn't use that type of boost, I think it's a good idea.
But on the test server ther was some lower priced boosts you could buy. I'm guessing they were sort of an XP gain boost like the carousel from the Darkmoon faire. I didn't get to test them so I'm not sure how much the XP boost would be. So that's something between the 90 boost and what you're suggesting, I guess.

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

for me, I'd like the option to 'skip an expac'.

I don't mind the revised vanilla zones or BC but Wrath feels like it takes an eternity and Cata makes me feel like I wanna stab my eyes out with a pencil. I have SO MANY alts mired between 70 and 85 I don't even want to think about it.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket