Proudmoore (US) : Is it a good PVE realm?

US Proudmoore: Good or Bad?

Good
67%
Bad
33%

Total votes: 3

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Proudmoore (US) : Is it a good PVE realm?

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

I'm thinking of moving all of my characters (Nelf Druid, Belf Lock, Belf Hunter) to Proudmoore since I no longer know anyone on my current servers, and i've heard there are a lot of LGBT friendly guilds there. (Being gay myself, this makes this realm more appealing to me, even on horde side.)

Does anybody have any characters there, and could anyody tell me whether it is active, has a positive atmosphere, and isn't too overcrowded? Keep in mind this is going to be on horde and alliance, i'm aware that it is overcrowded on alliance.

Last edited by Nikrosnil on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Proudmoore (US) : Is it a good PVE realm for horde?

Unread post by Lisaara »

I don't know from experience...HOWEVER....I've had guildies try out Proudmoore and...well...they don't like outsiders, according to the people they came across in General/Trade Chat. Basically, if you didn't start there, they'd be hounding you to go back where you came from. They're not as friendly as you might think. You may wanna keep this in mind.

I can ask said guildie later for details on what happened since I don't remember all that they told me if you'd like.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Isn't Aggramar now linked with Fizzcrank?

And it hasn't changed the amount of people?

My server is relatively quiet, but we haven't been "connected" yet. I suspect we will be connected with two other servers.

Our guild is tiny, however. We're never more than 6 people at a time. Hoping that once the connections take place we will get more members.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Guildie 1: "The problem with Proudmoore is it's considered the gay server. That's not a bad thing but they're VERY exclusive and nasty towards anyone that's bi or straight. So if you're not gay, you shouldn't go there."

I'll edit this post when I get another quote from a few other guildies.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Not sure but whenever I'm in a random with ppl from that server they generally aren't the nicest. Thats a small sample however so may not be accurate of the whole server but thats just my experience.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I think all the objections could be applicable to pretty much any server.

People in long-standing guilds tend to be protective of their guilds, so they can be a bit defensive and reticent when strangers come to them. I think this is normal. I'm always a bit leery of new people asking to join our guild.

How many people are applying to join guilds who are ONLY wanting to join because the guild is level 25? "Looking for level 25 guild to join", and you check and it's some level 3-4 character. Of course it makes it sound like someone wanting to do nothing more than take advantage of you.

With my own guild, I always ask "what attracted you to our guild?", and when I get a response like "I'm looking for a level 25 guild to join", I usual reject the application.

As for people from other servers being jerks, well, I've come across jerks and "not nice people" from MANY servers, so probably nothing unique to Proudmoore.

That being said, Proudmoore is a high-population server.

Why don't you simply create a toon there and ask around before considering moving your main?

There are LGBT and LGBT-friendly guilds on pretty much every server from what I've seen.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm with Castile. I've never played there, and only have the limited sample size of my experience to go on, but it has stood out to me as one of a few servers with a higher than average number of mean or rude people in my LFRs. But maybe we've both just been unlucky.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I've played in Proudmoore before when I first started WOW, as it is an unofficial Oceanic realm but then I jumped ship into Maelstrom to play with some friends, but by the start of the reigning days of WOTLK, my friends left wow so it was kind of hard to play on a rp pvp server alone as I would get ganked a lot.

After that, I flew off to Wyrmrest Accord and became an Accordian for about a year. The rp in Wyrmrest is or was excellent, but I get too frustrated as the once dignified bastion of RP was slowly taken over by both elitist raiders and elitist RPers who only deemed themselves and their version of rp as the correct one, shunning people of different flocks.

I had to keep my pride up high and return to Proudmoore. All I can say that though some might think they are inclusive, I've met a lot of the most friendliest and helpful people on Proudmoore. The only drawback is, is that Alliance outnumbers Horde on this server by 3:1, thus rendering Horde to rarely ever pulling off a successful world boss raid.

For the time being, the draconian Wyrmrest Accord is the home of my Alliance characters while the spirited Proudmoore is the home for my Horde characters.
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

I'm resurrecting this thread just because I have yet to transfer, and want to see if the general opinions of Proudmore are the same on here.

Telaria
Realm: Proudmoore (US)

Re: Proudmoore (US) : Is it a good PVE realm?

Unread post by Telaria »

I've got Alliance and Horde characters on Proudmoore and have been there for about a year.

It's a fantastic realm. One of the best I've ever played on.

People are really friendly for the most part. Auction house is extremely active, and prices are nice and average. Loads of active guilds. Can find a group for nearly anything. Not really into raiding, but I hear progression is pretty good. But only if you're Alliance.

Horde is a whole different story. People are still nice. Auction house is less active, prices are still reasonable. You'll very quickly memorize the names of the dozen active guilds. Again, not into raiding, but there's got to be a few raiding guilds out there.

Did a few quick census plus scans about an hour ago (6:00 PM pacific time). Alliance had 1561 players online at the time of the scans, while Horde had 381.

To show that population difference visually...

Alliance
https://imgur.com/a/pVgoO

Horde
https://imgur.com/a/z6w8m

Don't get me wrong, both factions have nice communities. They're just very different experiences. Since Proudmoore is the unofficial LGBT server, pretty much every guild is LGBT friendly, even if they don't advertise it. Outside of trade chat trolls, you'll not run into any problems.

If a low population is an issue for you, do not roll Horde on Proudmoore. If not, then definitely come on over.