Normal Garrosh Kill for Achieve Mount

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Normal Garrosh Kill for Achieve Mount

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Figured if we have a thread for Challenge Mode help, I thought I'd look for help on this. My only character capable of this is my main Hunter, Seilahyn on Skywall - Alliance. You can click the link in my sig to see her gear, etc. I have killed Hellscream on Flex way back, so I am familiar with the fight.

I know with WoD there will be more wolf mounts being introduced, but the Hellscream kill achievement one is at the moment the ONLY Alliance side wolf obtainable. I've wanted it, but I took a break from WoW right after my Flex kill because I just couldn't raid due to my work schedule. I'd really like to get it before it is removed.

If anyone can help with this, or if you would like help getting yours as well, post here and we'll see if we can hook some people up.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Normal Garrosh Kill for Achieve Mount

Unread post by Rawr »

Been trying to find some way to get this mount for a while, but all the guilds I ask say I have to be in their raiding group to be taken. None of my guilds are raiding so I'm S.O.L. it would be nice if some nice guild out there would be willing to help get a few people the mount. :| :mrgreen:

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I'd love to get the mount as well...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Scotty
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub & Hyjal (US)

Unread post by Scotty »

I'd be very interested as well, US realms. I have a Horde druid I can tank with, or a Hunter or Warlock I can DPS with. On Alliance side I have a Shaman I can heal with, or a hunter I can dps with. Hunters on both sides are my best toons, horde hunter being my best overall, but the others aren't TOO bad.

I'd also really love to be squeezed into a group. I know the fight and won't nee hand-holding, just never got a normal kill in my previous raid group. We got him close a few times, but that was it.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

silly question but have you guys checked your realm forums? I see quite a few guilds have been selling runs for awhile now (only like 10k some runs) so if a nice guild wont take you for free that might be another option :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

Well you know reading this got me thinking. Instead of buying a run with a guild what about starting up a list of folks here with what roles they can provide and we help each other out? We get a group from the forums together and get the kill down try to rotate out as many as possible int he next couple of weeks.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sounds good to me.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Have you guys tried Oqueue?

Once you get to a decent ilvl ( I think most groups at this point want 550+) there are normally quite a few groups going. That's how I got my wolf. I found a group on I think siegecrafter? Was a guild group looking for someone to fill, and we got Garrosh down on the second try. But I've been in complete pugs that were very decent as well.

Just make sure you've watched videos to familiarize yourself with the fight.

I was really, really nervous about messing up but worst that can happen is you get kicked and you find another group, right? :P

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I really hate OQueue. Way too spammy on my RiD.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Really? I've never had problems with it...

I don't know what spam you're experiencing. At least there's no spam for me, and very easy. Just got to find a group, wait list, get an invite... Done. I always remove Oqueue added btag friends after I'm done joining groups, and the add-on will do that automatically for you.

For me Oqueue has been a godsend, I'll be honest. I wouldn't be able to find raid groups at all if it wasn't for this add-on; most raiders on my realm are in guilds and it's rare they need someone to fill in. I'm geared enough... I'm at 569 ilvl right now, but that doesn't help me when group availability is crap. I've gotten meta achievements through Oqueue, all of my mount runs I join through oqueue (World bosses, MSV, ToT, ICC), I got my silver CM runs through Oqueue, I've done ALL of my raiding in SoO with pugs from Oqueue, from Immerseus to Garrosh himself. I've also gotten into every RBG I've ever done through Oqueue, which is how I got both of the RBG mounts.

Guess it isn't for everyone but it's a wonderful add-on, I think. Not to derail this thread too much..

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Lupen202 wrote:Have you guys tried Oqueue?

Once you get to a decent ilvl ( I think most groups at this point want 550+) there are normally quite a few groups going. That's how I got my wolf. I found a group on I think siegecrafter? Was a guild group looking for someone to fill, and we got Garrosh down on the second try. But I've been in complete pugs that were very decent as well.

Just make sure you've watched videos to familiarize yourself with the fight.

I was really, really nervous about messing up but worst that can happen is you get kicked and you find another group, right? :P
This! I will parrot this post. OQueue is a GODSEND, In my opinion. My realm is so dead I'd never have gotten my wolf.
It is very helpful. I have never been spammed. I really recommend it! :3

I think it could really help ya'll get your pretty war wolf.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Well ironically I had started to write up on a post specifying what my raid group would be willing to take as a PUG, since we usually have a spot open, but before I could post it I was told we're done raiding until WoD. Another guild on my server that was selling carries has recently gone on break as well.

So yeah, if you still need it, I really recommend buying a carry or using oqueue/openraid because more and more guilds are going on hiatus and you probably have about a month left to get it.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

i just asked to pay for garry run with team 1 from my raid, try asking yours?
Rinel
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by Rinel »

I'm down if anyone wants to start up a group for the wolf. I have a 529 disc priest and a 527 hunter, horde side. I can also drag along my husband and a mount collector friend. My hubby would either bring his hunter (550 ilvl) or his prot warrior tho I forget the ilvl on it. As for my friend, he'd most likey bring his boomkin, not sure his ilvl either but its around 520s I think.

Either let me know here or add my Btag, Cynfire1478#1990
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd need it to be alliance. None of my Hordies are even close to being geared.

LisaaraPokefarm

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

*wriggles in*
I know I could pay someone for a boost through Garrosh. I've nearly got 10k but...I'm saving that for Draenor. Never know how much gold I'll need for some random mounts.

Thing is I'm EU, and a load of people on here are US. Unless there's a load of EU people who'd like to try, it's best I hit the wow forums and offer 10K for a Garry kill. That's reasonable right? 10k? It's only 1 boss, and I saw another guild offering flex runs for 100k...
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

"Price" really depends on server and how high the demand is versus the number of groups willing to do carry. I personally believe 10k is reasonable, though I still see guilds asking 15, 20k.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Eh. I'll have to ask the guildies then. They'd know what kinda prices are good, although I shouldn't set my standards too high :lol:

Aren't there specific achevs you need before you can kill Garry on normal? Some sort of lockout if you've got bad gear? Or is it just run behind then, assist a little and then claim your Wolfie?
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

You just have to kill Garrosh on normal in either 10 or 25 to get the achieve and mount. There's no gear requirement to walk in on normal, if you're being carried you're paying the group to do the heavy lifting for you.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ahh okay. So they could just walk in, clear all bosses up to Garrosh before I wander in and slap Garrosh a little and tada! Wolfie! Thanks. I'll have to try and find someone :)